PDA

View Full Version : Seats on SIA?

tart1
20th Feb 2007, 23:16
I am flying to Auckland with SIA departing on Thurs evening.

I have selected seats for the 2 outbound sectors but I am not sure I have made the right choice.

On the LHR-SIN sector, I have selected 66G, which is the middle of the very last row on the 747, aisle seat. Am I going to find that this is a row which does not recline at all? Also, it is very near the toilets, which might be very good or it might be very bad!!

On the sector to Auckland, I have seat 61 K, which is the window seat of 2 seats.

Is it really terribly uncomfortable to sit right at the back of a 747?? (These seats do not seem to be as popular as ones further forward.)

Thanks! :)

Rush2112
21st Feb 2007, 05:36
You've possibly got the worst row, generally they don't recline as much as the ones further forward, although it is a long while since I tried that row. You will be constantly disturbed by other passengers waiting to use the toilets and last to get served by which time the chicken will probably have run out. You will board quite early but obviously one of the last off.

If you can, get one closer to the front.

Crowe
21st Feb 2007, 07:59
You do not want to be in the middle of the back row! :eek:

Being at the back per se is not so bad, I like the last few rows where the seats are in twos, as you get quite a bit of extra space between the window seat and the cabin wall. If you're travelling Y as a couple I think they're the best 747 seats as you're guaranteed no-one next to you. Even on your own in a window seat you only need disturb one person to get up.

Cyrano
21st Feb 2007, 09:03
Have a look at seatguru.com, which shows comments on specific seats.

BOFH
21st Feb 2007, 12:21
(Rearmost twin seats)
If you're travelling Y as a couple I think they're the best 747 seats as you're guaranteed no-one next to you.

There is also that club which can be joined. :O

However (as setaguru warns), the lavatories can be high-traffic areas even during darkness and the final aisle seat becomes a handrail for the urined-up, chatting backpackers awaiting their turn at the head.

BOFH

Crowe
21st Feb 2007, 15:39
quote "There is also that club which can be joined. "

urg, that just reminded me of the bloke I saw joining the mile high club (solo section) in the back of an LH 747 on the way to BKK... :yuk:

Monkeytoo
21st Feb 2007, 17:48
Having flown quite a lot on SIA - I always liked rows 50, 51 and 52 - they are alongside the galley (so you get the 3 seats across and can't see any others because of the galley wall) because of that I always felr like I was travelling on a much smaller aircraft, might not appeal to everyone but does to me.

BOFH
21st Feb 2007, 19:09
Crowe

:eek:

I hope you pointed out to him that that did not count. What did his neighbours think, BTW?

BOFH

Rush2112
22nd Feb 2007, 04:41
On the way TO Bangkok?? Did he not know where he was going??

Crowe
22nd Feb 2007, 08:06
BOFH - I wasn't about to engage him on conversation! He had the central four seats to himself, so no immediate neighbours to worry about!

Rush2112 - I know, you'd have thought he could have waited 6 more hours for relief! :rolleyes: