PDA

View Full Version : RAAF JSF....here we go!

Fox3snapshot
20th Feb 2007, 23:04
The US DOD have submitted a new 5 year spending plan that will cripple the US annual production order to 48 per year. This was seen by 'Janes International' as crippling to the original primary selling point for the Lockheed F-35 Lightning II, affordability.

The latest Janes Defence Review Weekly released during the international Defence Exhibition (IDEX) here in Abu Dhabi this week concludes the editorial with a small but disturbing paragraph that will possibly effect the Oz JSF programme;

"The costs of the new spending plan on the overall JSF programme are yet to be determined. The projected spike on average unit production cost caused by the new plan could be a severe problem for countries wishing to buy a replacement fighter for less than $USD 100 million per aircraft."

I will leave it to the more privvy and business minded umongst us to discuss the implications of this issue, but from my perspective I see a bad moon rising!

:uhoh:

LowObservable
21st Feb 2007, 15:54
Join in the fun on Australian Fighter Options, open now on a PPrune Military board near you! All the fun of the fair... crabby Ozzers, mentions of the dreaded Dr Kopp, whatever you might want

Fox3snapshot
21st Feb 2007, 22:42
Just the facts Ma'am.....

:ooh: