PDA

View Full Version : XP - Now backgrounds will not print.

aspinwing
17th Feb 2007, 22:58
Disappearing background stuff.
Running Office 2002 in Windows XP Home.
Things like a text watermark which appears on screen in the print view disappears in normal view and in print preview and obviously does not print.
Grid background in a cad program appears on screen but disappears in the print preview and print process. It used to work.
Pictures / jpg files that previously printed correctly now have disappeared.
Office says that it has ‘repaired’ itself but no change.
I could be off base but this seems to have started when I downloaded IE 7 – or rather when it downloaded itself.
:ugh: Any ideas short of reinstalling Windows and or Office – which seems the next step – would be appreciated. I am loathe to do the reinstall mainly because of all of the friendly updates which would have to be reinstalled. I only can get dialup.
Thanks.

blackace
18th Feb 2007, 00:48
Try Mozilla, I never use IE.

Cypherus
18th Feb 2007, 08:40
Un-install IE.7, reverts to IE.6 and retains all data, and do a system restore to a date prior to you having the problem.

Note: make use of the 'Custom' option on your MS updates to see exactly what Bill is stuffing into your computer, that boys got no morals at all.

aspinwing
19th Feb 2007, 00:28
Thanks

The reset may do the trick.:)

I will keep you posted.

Beagle-eye
19th Feb 2007, 15:03
Aspinwing

If you are experiencing these problems with Micro$oft Word then check your settings :

Open Word and on your tool bar click on Tools then Options. Select the Print tab and make sure that you have ticked “Background colours and images”.

This may help.

B-E