PDA

View Full Version : I.D Transfers

Vectors Req'd!
17th Feb 2007, 20:24
Hi everyone

I am currently working with a well known low cost carrier in the south, and have applied for a tranfer to EMA. Once I reach the top of the list and am offered a posisition at this base, will my I.D be transfered, or will they have to re-apply for all of my references again, as its a different airport?

I know the transfer is not going to happen for some time, but interested!

Thanks in advance :\

Off Stand
17th Feb 2007, 23:40
I did a similiar thing in 2002, but transfered from LTN to LGW (although I left in 2003). I am guessing that it is the same comapny that you are with? They sorted out all my paperwork for a new ID, all I had to do was arrange the appointment to pick it up.

I have a few friends at EMA, if you have any other questions, give me a shout and I'll ask them for answers for you.

Happy flying!!!

Vectors Req'd!
18th Feb 2007, 10:55
Hi Offstand

That sounds good, I had to wait about 12 weeks for my first I.D to come through and was not sure how it works with transfers etc.

I have P.M'd you.....

Vecs

I Just Want To Fly
18th Feb 2007, 17:32
If it is EZY, I don't think your ID is airport specific, and can be used to operate out of any airport. I was based at LGW, but operated out of STN, MAD & MXP several times. I didn't operate out of EMA, so I can't be 100% sure.

Off Stand
18th Feb 2007, 18:16
I Just Want To Fly,

I think it works differently if you are to be based at a different base as opposed to just flying from it. I flew from STN, EDI and NCE on my LGW pass, but would always return to my home base afterwards.

EZY did introduce their own ID not long after I left. It could be a case of just having it validated by the ID unit at the base you transfer to, but I stand to be corrected of course.

Vectors Req'd!
20th Feb 2007, 12:41
Hey

Mine does say LTN, but I am sure that as a temp measure it would be accepted in the U.K (at least) as they are all approved by B.A at Gatwick in the first instance.

I was just asking about the procedure for a pemanent transfer.

Thanks for your help!!