PDA

View Full Version : Flying clubs near Alicante or Murcia Spain

escapada
17th Feb 2007, 00:40
I am looking to do some flying from a local airfield between Alicante and Murcia. Can anybody direct me to a website or pass details of any airfields in this area. I am looking to fly a PA28 or C172 but will consider anything. Want to do about 10-20 hrs between 26 Feb and 2 March. I will need an instructor to check me out on type as i haven't flown for a while.

Can anyone help or advise?

matelot
17th Feb 2007, 08:47
Google is your friend.

Fly Stimulator
17th Feb 2007, 10:36
Try the Alicante Aero Club whose web site is here (http://aeroclubalicante.com/web/). There are some more photos and location maps here (http://www.theflyingschool.co.uk/spain/spainguide.htm).

I flew a Cessna in there on a trip from England two or three years ago and it seemed like a friendly club. The field itself is perhaps not the world's most beautiful, but there is a good club restaurant and bar to make up for it.

When I was there, AVGAS was only available to club aircraft. I had to fly into the main Alicante airport to get fuel which involved 15 minutes flying and rather longer getting slot times and filling in forms, but was otherwise quite straightforward.

MACR
17th Feb 2007, 21:17
My son and I flew from here last spring - me for a reminiscence of what was, and as a taster for him ( See the medical section re colour vision; he is a ppruner - "BENWIZZ").
Very tempted to go back to LEMU for PPL renewal...

S205-18F
18th Feb 2007, 09:56
Hi folks I am in El Campello, on holiday, about 15 mins from Muchamiel aerodromo! was there yesterday (Saturday) afternoon but missed them apparently it is Fiesta and they all went home early! so cant give you much info. Will return on Monday and see what information I can get. Looks like a nice airfield and there are some serious helicopter activity there, the guys I spoke to were engineers with the helicopter operator. There appears to be 2 main aircraft a 172 and a PA28. possibly a 152 . There is a microlight club operating aswell the Russian engineers english was passable but my Spanish is poor so we did lose a little information,
John.

escapada
19th Feb 2007, 17:53
Thanks very much for the reply. The information is virtually non-existent on the internat for Spanish airfields, but this info is superb. I will certainly go check it out next week.

Thanks again - Paul (alias escapada - my villa name!)

escapada
19th Feb 2007, 17:55
Thanks very much for the reply. I have heard of this place but can find very little about it. Your help is greatly appreciated and I will certainly go and check it out

Thanks again - Paul (alias escapada - my villa name!)