PDA

View Full Version : BA and BAA

manintheback
14th Feb 2007, 12:28
BA - J class return Heathrow to Joburg and the CC excellent both ways. Food was rather good too. Hopefully this is how it will be going forwards.

As for BAA - 40 minute security queue for first class and Biz in Zone R because - you've guessed it, only 1 of the 2 security points open. And thats at rush hour. Marvelled at the jobsworth who removed a first class paxs only bag as it had to be pushed into the sizing gauage due to its wheels protruding - Thats a customer whos paid what 6 grand odd for a flight?.

Finally just to be consistent on the return a bag got stuck on the upramp feeding the belt for our collection, and hence blocking it. Whilst everyone else gawped I walked over to a BAA employee to report. 'Not my problem' she said and out of the reclaim area she then walked.

k3lvc
14th Feb 2007, 13:46
Looks like we (as SLF) are stuck in the middle of one of the above. I arrived back from GVA into LHR T4 last Friday night. Ended up on a remote stand with no steps/bus and then when eventually into the terminal no escalators/walkways were working, 40min queue for UK immigration (2 desks open) and even then a 20min wait for baggage.

Complaint ensued to both BA & BAA but not hopeful of any feedback.

T5 may be the future but that's still 16mths away and at this rate BA will have lost many of it's pax if it continues to accept what BAA has to offer.

apaddyinuk
14th Feb 2007, 14:08
I really wonder just how much better T5 will be in a few years time. It is already too small for the BA operation and with a percentage of flights leaving from T3 I just cannot see all the promises of T5 being delivered! I actually believe that T5 would require a third satillite building to support the planned expansion of BA in the coming years as T5C will not be enough! And how long before the usual problems of baggage belt congestion creeps into the new terminal???

Me cynical? Never! :}

Final 3 Greens
15th Feb 2007, 05:46
Manintheback

It would seem that the confluence of BA, BAA and the DOT is creating an unfriendly environment for the business traveler.

This will no doubt have an impact in the form of people (if able) transferring via other hubs, such as CDG or AMS and in the longer term the birds will come home to roost.

Sadly I guess there is not a lot that UK based travelers can do, other than consider Eurostar to Paris (a bind) or hubbing and spoking from a regional airport.

I now look forward to my encounters with BAA airports as much as visits to the dentist.

PAXboy
15th Feb 2007, 08:54
On the contrary F3G. My dentist recognises that I have paid a fee and could use other facilties.

There is free parking right outside the building
I am made to feel welcome
The schedule is maintained
The place is warm
The staff are friendly
They will fit me in for an emergency
The dentist works to ensure my continued customWhat's to dislike? :p

Final 3 Greens
15th Feb 2007, 18:16
Fair point PAXBoy :D

Well, just had another excellent encounter with LGW's finest, not half an hour ago.

Scenario - F class ticket, remove laptop as entering feeder to security queue, approached by "yoof"

yoof - excuse me sir, you will have to put your computer back in your bag

F3G - why?

yoof (with a superior grin) - becoz the roolz don't allow it to go through or you would have 2 pieces of hand luggage

F3G - you are either deluded, stupid or your grasp on sanity is tenuous

yoof - eh?

yoofess (who joins in) - he's right, the roolz is the roolz

F3G - well, you better get a policeman to arrest me because I am going through anyway

10 minutes later, advised by BAA supervisors that "yoof and yoofess" are agency staff and he will go and have a word to put them right.

Makes you feel a warm buzz about this "score-ity" dunnit :ugh:

I wonder where Eaglestar 7 is, no doubt he will consider me a dangerous person for this action :}