PDA

View Full Version : Part time job with Servisair?

Steve_B
14th Feb 2007, 10:45
Inspired by recent posts about Servisair, I found a job advertised which I think I would enjoy. The downside is that I work 9-5 daily fulltime, so therefore I would require part time hours, preferably at weekends.

Would Servisair be interested in such specific hours, or are all contracts full time, and require totally flexible hours?

I would love to apply for it, I just don't want to waste mine (or their) time.

Job advertised is:

(Quote from job website)

PASSENGER SERVICES AGENTplaced on: 09/02/2007 BELFAST INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
1. Report for duty punctually as indicated by weekly departmental roster, allowing flexibility for coverage of department operational changes, leave and sickness.

2. Assist and process passengers arriving and departing on all aircraft handled by Servisair, ensuring that accurate information is given at all times.

3. Check-in passengers for flights as allocated by the shift Passenger Supervisor. Using either manual or automated check-in ensuring all documentation is correct for onward transportation, relative to the country of destination.

4. Answer telephone enquiries.

5. Operate CODECO computerised check-in system as required.

6. Assist passengers who experience mishandled or damaged baggage and complete all relevant documentation using the World Tracer System.

7. Prepare boarding cards/baggage labels for all passenger flights as required by Passenger Supervisors.

8. Undertake general office duties and filing when actioning post flight information.

9. In the course of shift duties liaise with members of the Traffic Department, Ramp Department, H.M. Customs, H.M. Immigration, Tour Operators and airlines.

10. To wear and maintain the Company uniform in accordance with the Company standards.

- Basic keyboard skills
- Fluent English – Spoken and written
- Customer satisfaction awareness
- In good health
- Well groomed
- Excellent time keeping and good attendance. Flexibility regarding rosters
- Excellent written, oral and aural communications skills
-Minimum age 18yrs

Fernando_Covas
15th Feb 2007, 12:04
You could probably get a zero hour contract which means that they employ you on an ADHOC basis. So if they are short they will offer you a shift.

Athena261
15th Feb 2007, 12:32
Hi i have an interview with servisair soon. Any ideas what may be in store for me? Im going for the position of a passnger service agent! What shall i expect?

Steve_B
15th Feb 2007, 14:16
"You could probably get a zero hour contract which means that they employ you on an ADHOC basis. So if they are short they will offer you a shift."

That sounds good - I was hoping there would be something in the job advertisement about zero hour contracts but nope... mmm, I might email Servisair.

Do I not need to be experienced in the area though to be given that contract?

Thanks for your help,

Steven

Fernando_Covas
15th Feb 2007, 17:54
AS long as you attend the training then I can't see there being a problem.

PSA is a checkin job together with some gate work, lost baggage stuff and pushing wheelchairs.

J-Man
15th Feb 2007, 18:06
Athena261, when i went for my interview it was just a 121 chat with the duty manager/pax services manager about previous customer services experience, how you would handle certain things and a more in depth description of what you think the job is among other things, nothing too testing.

Best of luck

bearioni
24th Feb 2007, 20:00
as a rule if you can speak at least a pigeons version of english then servisair will give you a chance

finding_nema
24th Feb 2007, 20:09
The Servisair interview is in two parts, you will have a telephone interview, then either be invited to an open morning or a chat with the passenger service manager at your base. The telephone interview consists of somebody ringing up with your CV in front of them, telling you a bit about the job (pay, rosters, job description) then asking you various questions with "yes" or "no" answers. Providing you say "yes" and "no" to where they want to hear them, they'll then say that they're putting some information through the post inviting you to meet the PS Manager - the whole process takes about 7 minutes. The in-person interview is almost identical to the phone interview, but a little bit more in depth, ie you can say more than "yes" or "no", but is really simple, and I think it's so the PS Manager can meet the people he/she is taking on - again it's very short.

I've heard all of the jokes "Circusair," "Service-scare" etc. but I'd be really happy to work for Penauille Servisair for at least a season. It seems to be good experience, and at least a foot in the door, and who knows I might even like it? I haven't heard of anyone who has failed a Servisair interview though, and my Menzies interview was full of ex-Servisair people, so that might say something, but I believe it's best to take a "glass half full" approach.

older_wiser
24th Feb 2007, 23:02
as a rule if you can speak at least a pigeons version of english then servisair will give you a chance

:ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: