PDA

View Full Version : electrical devices restricted in the UK?

harropster
13th Feb 2007, 22:49
hi all

im hearing word that 'electrical devices' are no longer aloud on flights int he UK? can anyone confirm this?

"If you are traveling within the UK, or if you are departing the UK for another international destination, you must check ALL of your belongings. Wallets, IDs, and necessary medications are exceptions; these essential items must be carried in a plastic bag (clear bags are recommended).
Electronic items are not permitted on board any aircraft. Electronic items include laptops, mobile phones, and iPods"

is that it has written on the ticket.....

cheers

AdamC
14th Feb 2007, 20:22
I flew out of the UK a few weeks ago and never had any problems, I took my mobile, laptop and iPod.

It maybe an airline restriction? I just checked BAA's website and it states that larger electrical items such as laptops must be removed from your bag and placed in a seperate tray for screening..

So it pretty much concludes that electronic devices can be taken onboard, just maybe not with this specific airline.

Haven't a clue
14th Feb 2007, 20:33
harropster

The wording you quote is from the hand baggage security restrictions which were temporarily imposed in August last year, and, thank goodness, have now been relaxed.

There are currently limits on taking liquids in hand baggage and the size of the bag itself. Otherwise you are free to carry on what you would usually carry.

Suggest you look at the British Airports Authority or British Airways website for the detailed requirements.

Hartington
15th Feb 2007, 07:37
Can be found at http://www.dft.gov.uk/transportforyou/airtravel/airportsecurity?view=Standard
Some airlines may apply more restrictive rules but they cannot apply anything more lenient.

Globaliser
16th Feb 2007, 08:24
The wording you quote is from the hand baggage security restrictions which were temporarily imposed in August last year, and, thank goodness, have now been relaxed.And which were only in force for about three or four days anyway, IIRC!