PDA

View Full Version : London City Base

Virginia
13th Feb 2007, 14:40
Does anyone know which airlines have a LCY base? I know EuroManx do but I don't know anything about the company!

oldflyboy
13th Feb 2007, 14:46
Rumour control has it that when BA launch their new Cityfler brand next month, flying ex LCY to EDI/GLA/MAD/GVA/ZRH they will need 20 cabin crew to be based at LCY to cover the early sectors. Rest flown from the EDI base.

They are currently recruiting internally from ex BAConnect crew, but rumour is that many are turning down due cr~p T&C's, so perhaps they may need to recruit externally??

Matt101
14th Feb 2007, 16:39
VLM Airlines, BA Connect (soon to be BA CityFlyer) and Euromanx have bases but have a feeling most of the others just operate to..

AirOne, Air France, KLM Cityhopper and Lufthansa the others that spring to mind and Glasgow Airport is supposed to start a service? There are plenty of others though see this link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_City_Airport

chickenfeed
16th Feb 2007, 09:47
From aviationjobsearch.com:
British Airways
NEW & EXPERIENCED CABIN CREW – RECRUITMENT OPEN DAY 21ST&22ND FEBRUARY placed on: 15/02/2007
THE TOWER–GUOMAN HOTEL, TOWER BRIDGE,ST. KATHERINE’S WAY, LONDON E1W 1LD. (NEXT TO TOWER BRIDGE)
DETAILS OF SALARY AND BENEFITS WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE AT THE OPEN DAY.
We’re launching a NEW airline – so come on board.
BA CityFlyer is new. And, we’re establishing a crew base at London City Airport to operate exciting new services and routes flying to popular European destinations, including Madrid, Milan and Edinburgh.
As a wholly owned subsidiary of British Airways we’re building on the same high standards of quality, comfort and efficiency – that’s why we need Cabin Crew who can deliver the levels of customer service that really makes a difference. It’s a role that is never routine - but it is hard-work, as well as being fun, satisfying and rewarding.
On offer are a variety of full and part-time roles, including some flexible working.
NEW-ENTRY CABIN CREW
To join the team we need people with the right mix of skills, attributes and experience. These include:
• 12 months customer service experience
• First-class people skills
• Enthusiasm and a positive attitude
• The ability to stay calm at all times
SENIOR CABIN CREW/PURSER
For those with previous cabin crew experience, this should include at least 12 months’ flying in the last 3 years.
Whichever level you join at, you must also meet the following standard criteria:
• Aged 18 years +
• Minimum height of 5 feet 2 inches (1.58 metres)
• Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent, with passes in English and Maths at grade C or above
• Hold a valid UK/EU passport without restrictions.
Please make sure you bring your passport to the Open Day.

fredtheanorak
2nd Mar 2007, 11:13
Hear BA CityFlyer were looking at IOM LCY to replace IOM LGW that they are selling to FlyBe with BACon.:cool: Makes no sence to me but then again not much of the BA cityflyer (v1)/Bacon saga does?:\

:ok: Cityjet has a base and vacancies have a look at
aviation job search

Virginia
11th Mar 2007, 13:46
Oooo thanks, I guess they have just opened up the LCY base, cool! I will apply as BA Cityflyer did not bother to respond to my email!

Also Scot Airways ...

Good Luck :)

marlowe
12th Mar 2007, 09:59
BA ChippyFryer base is supposed to open on the 25th March at LCY but probably wont due to lack of crew! Rumour that company has only around 50% of cabin crew required to operate, and thats including EDI crew as well. Very little information being given to the crew who have transfered to Chippyfryer especially crew who have elected to be based at LCY infact no crewroom has even been decided on there yet, as company are saying that the cost of the broom cupboard that they have earmarked as the crewroom is to high, hey welcome to london real estate prices Mr Evans!! At the moment the Rosters we are working to are just a piece of paper with ink on,because it bears no relation to what you are working at the moment, one can only hope that they get it sorted out quickly.

tiggerific_69
12th Mar 2007, 10:04
no crew room?!sounds promising....