PDA

View Full Version : Flyglobespan Interview This week

highlifeboy
11th Feb 2007, 19:23
Hi everyone,

I have an assessment day on Wednesday 14th February 2007 at the Best Western Belfy hotel. I was just wondering if anybody else is attending the same interview...

Im starting to feel a bit nervous for some reason, I just really want to get back into the air. I have just had a 2 year break from it prior to that I have flown for various airlines for 9 years andmissing it like crazy....

Hope to meet some great people on the day and hopefully get to meet some of you current Flyglobespan crew online if I get the job:ok:

Im going for the Manchester base but Liverpool is equall distance from my home, does anybody know if they do a dual base option or not and also where is the training normally done.....

Many Thanks to you all for any help you can give me.....

Tommietola21
11th Feb 2007, 20:09
I'm afraid I can't help you much with GSM, but good luck, I'm sure with so much experience you'll be fine!

tiggerific_69
11th Feb 2007, 20:37
I will see you there,but again i cant find much info. I believe there is the possibility of it being Dual base.are you going for longhaul or shorthaul?im going for longhaul.See you wednesday!

highlifeboy
11th Feb 2007, 20:43
Cheers Tommietola,

Hope so, Sometimes I just feel that some airlines dont like people with too much experience... Will give it my best shot It sounds like just the airline that will suit me.... It seems like all the longhaul trips are bullets thats cool for me as I dont really wanna be away for a week at a time anyway so I have everything crossed lol Oh errrr

HHB
12th Feb 2007, 07:41
Hi, I am attending on Weds, I am travelling up from Cardiff so will prob be the only girl with a welsh accent so I should be easy for you to recognise - make yourself known to me !!

Good luck, I also am experienced & have worked for 5 different airlines so that could go against me, I am applying for LGW long haul only and as this is a new base so cant find anything out about it !

See you Weds.http://www.pprune.org/forums/images/infopop/icons/icon7.gif

Commander1
12th Feb 2007, 10:11
Hey, im not 21 yet but i applied anyway. They said to apply on June (my birthday) do you think they will still be recruiting then?

Do you need experience for Long haul? Thats what I fancy doing :)

HHB
12th Feb 2007, 16:10
I have worked long haul before with other airlines & worked with plenty of people your age - so I dont think that will go against you, after all its mostly the young ones who have the ability to work away form home when not tied down etc.... good luck ! :ok:

blondie 61
12th Feb 2007, 17:52
hi there
i applied for a job at mme a while ago does anyone know if they are interviewing or anything yet ive heard nothing so i am assuming i didnt meet the criteria on my application form thanks do they let you know

Barnaby Rudge
12th Feb 2007, 20:49
Commander1,don't you bother to read what other people post?
In your last post you said you were off to ryanair now you want GSM longhaul in june, make your mind up lad.

Commander1
13th Feb 2007, 10:07
Yes, but i think you dont read mine.

Ok, firstly im a girl not a lad....lol I have got a job with Ryanair which is for experience but Globespan are one of the best Scottish airlines second to Loganair of course. I have always wanted to work for them...if you had read my posts you would have realised that im not 21 yet and cannot work for them but in June i will be..in an ideal world i would love to work long haul but right now i cant. Im very ambitious.

I have already previous applied to Flyglobespan 2 weeks ago, they liked me but its all about my age. *As above*

Secondly, they are expanding. Those 767s long haul only. Thats my goal!

Cheers.

tiggerific_69
13th Feb 2007, 14:17
for those of you coming up to manchester tonight for the interview tomorrow,i think the going rate is £70 B&B at the hotel where the interview is being held :)

Commander1
13th Feb 2007, 14:43
Good luck guys....

x

TinyTom
13th Feb 2007, 17:05
Hello everyone.
I have a few questions? I was browsing through the globespan website and noticed jobs going in MAN for L/H only. Sounds good eh?
Can someone give me a breif idea of the roster pattern (i.e. 4day trip-3days off-4day trip- 3days off etc) and approx bring home pay p/m (on that note whats the basic pay per annum? hehe
Thanks for your help guys!!!
tom x

Barnaby Rudge
13th Feb 2007, 18:51
Commander1,I'm sorry,too many taxi rides between Glasgow and Edinburgh fuzzes the brain! See you when you get in and hope you get on the 767,but the 737 is going to do Canada and USA too so I'm sure we'll meet.
Oh and I'm a girlie too,so sorry bout the lad stuff.

Commander1
14th Feb 2007, 09:09
Hey, no offence taken. Just really want to get into Flyglobespan! :sad:

Hopefully they'll be recruiting in June so i have a least a chance.

Does anyone know when they stop recruiting?

Good luck :)

P.S I start my Ryanair training on the 22nd of March.

tiggerific_69
15th Feb 2007, 11:04
Told yesterday at the interview that MAN LH base will be a dual base with LPL,and that we will be trained on 757/767. The basic is £10700 with 12% commission between the crew and £2.10ph flight pay. It was a really good interview and they seem like a fantastic airline to work for. i dont know what the trip pattern is tho. You should apply!

Commander1
15th Feb 2007, 11:31
I hope they will still be recruiting in June :sad: