PDA

View Full Version : Lessons Learned

Blackhawk Crew chief
11th Feb 2007, 17:40
Pass on a story of how you made a bad decision and how you corrected to get out of a possible Accident.
Anything that could help a crew comlpete their mission.

FFP
11th Feb 2007, 17:41
How's that BA application form going for ya ? ;)

You're meant to use your OWN experiences !!!! Makes it easier to remember at the interview !! :p

Chugalug2
12th Feb 2007, 13:29
Great idea BHCC, you first!

dakkg651
12th Feb 2007, 13:50
Made a very bad decision once by agreeing to fly in a Robinson R22.

After looking closely at the thing I then made an extremely good decision by inventing some plausible excuse why I couldn't go flying right then.

After watching the subsequent (one up, hot day, no wind) hairy departure, I think I certainly prevented an accident that day!

MostlyHarmless
12th Feb 2007, 14:45
Remember once putting the VV slightly below the horizon. The cows started to get bigger, so I elected to make a mild pitch correction (nose-up variety) and return to cows to normal size. Was only later that evening in the bar that the shakes set in once I realised how close I'd come to certain death.

flipster
12th Feb 2007, 15:07
We don't do 'Lessons Learned' any more - that implies doing something constructive or corrective!!

Its now 'Lessons Identifed' (or Ignored) - which allows the top management to say that they have identified a problem but that does not necessarily mean they will be doing anything about it!!!

:ugh: :ugh:

dakkg651
12th Feb 2007, 18:18
Oh Flipster you cynic.

100% on the nail though.

Human Factor
12th Feb 2007, 19:05
I nearly got married once.... :E

GOLF_BRAVO_ZULU
12th Feb 2007, 19:15
I did! Never again.

stickmonkeytamer
12th Feb 2007, 19:46
I took a ground tour... almost crashed the desk into the water cooler. Nearly got water on my "not worn for several years" blue shirt. ;)

SMT

threepointonefour
12th Feb 2007, 20:52
I know plenty of people here who made a bad decision on det and corrected it by denying it all claiming they just went back for a coffee.

L J R
12th Feb 2007, 21:57
I ashamedly admit that I flew under the influence of a certain bottle of Scotch one day as a lad.

I regret it, but lived.......My God I nearly hit the ground!

Lesson:

DON'T DRINK AND FLY!

I am alive, but should I have stoofed in on that day (18 years ago??), it would have been cut and dry for the BOI.