PDA

View Full Version : Silver State Helicopters Heli license in under 18 months ....

HELOFAN
11th Feb 2007, 17:09
Heard on the radio the other day an ad for them.
Turns out you can get your helicopter license in under 18 months.....WOW:E
:8
Also you dont to worry about the money cause its not that expensive and
you there is such a high demand for Pilots that you will get a job and you can also loan the money...and pay it off....LOL OMG LOL

I laugh every time i hear it.

Sorry didnt mean to bash but if you heard the AD it would make you giggle a little somewhat too.

TwinHueyMan
11th Feb 2007, 17:34
A buddy of mine from the southern cali area, who's already got a good job and a book full of hours, attended one of their seminars, said he got a lot of odd looks when he couldn't hold back his giggling at some of their claims. Apparently the picture they paint is being a corporate PIC within a few months of getting out of their "program".

That, and a ****ty rep in the areas they operate out of... yeesh, what an operation.

-Mike

i4iq
11th Feb 2007, 17:46
Seems to be working though - they have by far the biggest group booking down at the Robinson Safety Course!

IntheTin
11th Feb 2007, 21:46
They opened a school here in Fort Lauderdale. Not really that busy right now but I'm sure it will be soon.
They do around 7 hours of 'flying' in the FTD before being let loose on the 22.
Whatever works I suppose!

CYHeli
11th Feb 2007, 23:03
That's the trouble with any school, the students believe what they are told until they get out into the REAL world and find out the truth. The truth is that the school only wanted their money!
No school is going to paint a bleak picture. The best a student can hope for is that a school is going to tell them honestly how much (non-aviation) work it is going to take to get the first (and second...) job.
The answer, don't ask a school! Talk to pilots that don't represent a school.