PDA

View Full Version : JAA ATPL study centers in the Pacific?

Mr_Pilot
11th Feb 2007, 16:28
Was just wondering that although some pacific islands are governed by JAA rules as they are under the flag of european countries do these places insist on having conversion of theroy. :confused:

I would like to additionally study my JAA subjects but am having a hard time finding where would be close to the island of New Caledonia. Weged between the coast of Australia and Fiji, what would be the nearest place you could sit it without going all the way back to Europe??? :ugh: :ugh:

I am going to be having a non flying job, and with a lot of free time wish to make the best use of it to further my career,:ok: the language being french, I have also posted a similar thread in the french forum but there was little insightful responce.

Hopefully someone out there knows, merci d'advance... :O

MP

whiskey1
12th Feb 2007, 02:50
Try the Western Australian Aviation College.
Do JAA Theory in Perth in Western Australia.

http://www.waaviationcollege.com.au/

W1

Mr_Pilot
13th Feb 2007, 10:12
Thanks W1 :ok: , that sounds like the exact thing I needed.:D

Perth is not too far away compared with jetting back to mainland Europe! The course is designed with people doing other work in mind, and I think it is a very viable option for thos that can afford to have 3 weeks off a year for the cramming and sitting sessions they offer. Not too much considering the doors it opens for you.

I have contacted them and look happily forward to thier reply.

Cheers! :cool:

MP

Billo
18th Feb 2007, 20:28
Hi.
I'm searching for a flying school which can issue me ICAO CPL IR ATPL frozen. I checked alot of schools , but I was not satisfied. I need to get this license within 7 months. Duration in Canadian schools is short but they dont issue ATPL frozen until you complete 1500hrs of flying.

whiskey1
19th Feb 2007, 02:07
There is No Such Thing as a Frozen ATPL.
People incorrectly use the term Frozen ATPL to indicate a CPL with Instrument Rating and passes in ATPL Theory.
You can not be issued a ATPL until you have 1500 hours flight experience.

What country will you be flying in? That usually determines the licence you should try and achieve. JAA for Europe, FAA for USA,CASA for Australia, Canadian etc. Can't usually fly without a licence issued by the Country of aircraft registration.

Swanie
25th Feb 2007, 03:21
Where can u fly on a CASA license?? i know NZ + Aus have an agreement, anywhere else