PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Video!!!

g-mady
11th Feb 2007, 11:11
Dont know if this has been posted before!
Did this heli land saftley? And the refuel lines designed to be weaker than the blades??? :eek: :eek: :eek:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wk76JdTTLcQ
MADY

PS Just found another one even worse!!! Listen to what the guys say! HE JUST BROUGHT IT AND DECIDED TO FLY IT!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo82pnyMR44

VfrpilotPB/2
11th Feb 2007, 12:03
I followed the link, but found a very sad tribute Vid to the 9/11 tradgedy, posted from a company called "Souless Departure", found myself watching this and loosing my ability to see properly, very sad!

Vfr
Peter R-B

BarryW
11th Feb 2007, 13:30
It seems the blade hit the refueling receptacle and not the line, and none of the blades seem to depart or break.

I do think it would introduce an unbalance in the main rotor which would lead to vibration, which could lead to failure - but I hope for their sake it did not, and they only needed new flight suits.

g-mady
11th Feb 2007, 14:15
Yeah - its seams to fly fine in the few seconds at the end of the clip. Think you may be right, just some new flight suits:{

MADY

ShyTorque
11th Feb 2007, 19:27
I understand this CH53 was recovered.

However, I was told that this has also happened on another occasion. Unfortunately that aircraft suffered main blade damage/failure and was lost with all on board.

Lightning_Boy
11th Feb 2007, 22:55
If Hog had a nickel for every time this video had been played, he could have bought himself a fleet 300’s.
Even though, you still gotta love it……..”Hog….Hog get away from that thing!!!” :D

Johe02
12th Feb 2007, 07:32
VfrpilotPB/2

I think you may have suffered a browser hijack. Scan your machine for Spyware/Trojans

:8

Ioan
12th Feb 2007, 11:33
lol, what I want to know is whether 'Hog' continued learning to fly helicopters!
What a claim to fame! Bet if he did he made damn sure his nickname was changed! :ugh:

g-mady
12th Feb 2007, 16:24
Would imagine after that stunt he would have been banned from learning, or from certain airfields.
He was very nearly up for a Darwin Award!!!:)

MADY