PDA

View Full Version : Paris/Lognes trip

AlsWings
10th Feb 2007, 17:06
I'm pondering a trip to Paris (VFR) from Biggin and thinking of using Lognes (LFPL).
Just looking through the IGN chart (941) it seems there is a route through the Creil zone to North via VRP's NE and SE straight through class A airspace. :ooh:

Has anyone used this route? I can't seem to find much info about Creil, presumably because its a military aerodrome. From what I've found it seems De Gaulle APP are the prople to speak to.

Anyone used this route or had experience of getting clearance (or not so)?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Fuji Abound
10th Feb 2007, 18:13
You will get a service from Lille and then Beauvais. Beuavais will provide the clearance. Creil is military.

C de G are very unlikely to want to talk to you.

Route beneath the class A.

All pretty straight forward.

Lognes is the best bet for Paris, but make sure you have cash or a fuel card to pay for the fuel.

AlsWings
12th Feb 2007, 20:58
Thanks for the tips :)

Mexis
13th Feb 2007, 08:13
Check out http://192.168.10.30:8080/001372583fbc/comfort-file/23fb_14d72a4c_bb41_11db_9513_001372583fbc/AVUE_AD2_LFPC.pdf

The chart explains transit procedures through Creil class A airspace.

My advice:
Once you have exited Creil airspace, be careful not to enter CDG CTR. To avoid this, you can use your VOR as a protection (using PON VOR to visualize the CTR's north boundary and CLM VOR for the east boundary)

Have a nice trip

Fuji Abound
13th Feb 2007, 09:07
The link doesnt work for me.

FougaMagister
13th Feb 2007, 11:16
The VRPs are quite prominent; the route follows the A1 motorway until the toll bridge. As mentioned above, be careful not to end up in CDG Class A airspace. After you leave the route, check your altitude (Paris Class A starts at 1500' QNH around LFPL). I recommend getting the CDG ATIS while still North of the VRF transit route, so as to set your ALT to the local QNH. As France's busiest GA airfiled (if I recall), LFPL has its own English-language ATIS (plus TWR and GND freq).

Runway 08/26 is 700x20m with a parrallel taxiway. VERY busy place (5 a/c in the circuit is not rare), the circuit is straightforward and follows the A4 motorway. If using runway 26, LFPL TWR usually requires you to report crossing the HI-tension power lines just before entering LH downwind, then downwind and finals. AFAIK, they don't do overhead joins (you would be in Class A if you did). Circuit height is 800' AGL. Just be mindful of noise abatement (especially Disneyland Paris, which overfly is prohibited). Fuel is self-serve, so have Esso card or credit card handy.

Cheers

Mexis
13th Feb 2007, 14:23
Sorry for the link...

Go to http://www.dircam.air.defense.gouv.fr/dia/accueil/produits/doc/avue/Avue_cadre.htm

Then choose the letter "C" in the upper left corner and click on "LFPC Creil" at the end of the list of airfields starting with the letter C.

Ciao

Vincent

Mexis
13th Feb 2007, 14:26
I am sorry Pprune won't display the hyperlink in full.

So simply type "VAC LFPC" in google and choose the second result of the list...

AlsWings
13th Feb 2007, 15:46
Thanks for all your tips people, much appreciated. :cool: