PDA

View Full Version : EU urged to examine BAE decision

clicker
10th Feb 2007, 16:37
Quote (From BBC news)
The Lib Dem call concerns EU competition rules
The European Commission has been asked to look into Britain's decision to drop a fraud inquiry into deals between UK arms firm BAE Systems and Saudi Arabia.
The Liberal Democrats said they wanted the EU to determine whether the move breached competition regulations
Unquote
I trust for this country sake, its bank balance and the BAE workers, that this wont stir up the bad feelings again and ends up with the order cancelled.

WE Branch Fanatic
10th Feb 2007, 17:04
EU? Fraud inquiry? Oh the irony.............

Now why is it the EU's accountants have refused to sign their accounts for over ten years?

Talk Wrench
10th Feb 2007, 17:39
W.E.B

You know that they are all the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as the EU accounts are concerned, you are correct.

TW

BEagle
10th Feb 2007, 19:43
"I trust for this country sake, its bank balance and the BAE workers, that this wont stir up the bad feelings again and ends up with the order cancelled."

Well, sorry, but I hope that justice will not be influenced by commercial interests - or any veiled blackmail threats from the Middle East.

If BWoS has nothing to fear, why the decision to stop the enquiry?

Exrigger
10th Feb 2007, 22:17
Here we go again, all the old rhetoric is starting again, lets save the Lib Dems and the EU money and time and just find BAES guilty by media jury and those with some beef against BAES.
Whatever peoples opinion are for or against BAES, if this continues again and it puts any UK business deals at risk then exactly where is the money/equipment coming from that you all want for our service personnel around the world that numerous threads keep alluding to.

GOLF_BRAVO_ZULU
11th Feb 2007, 09:52
Exrigger

My feelings exactly. The Lib Dems find a rust patch below the "ship of state's" waterline and can't resist poking at it.