PDA

View Full Version : Jaguar OSD

f4aviation
9th Feb 2007, 16:29
Rumours abound that the Jag may be withdrawn from service earlier than the published end-of-October date; anyone any firm news on this? I expect if it's true it's to plug the £150m shortfall in the defence budget...:ugh:

L J R
9th Feb 2007, 16:37
But why is the 'Desert' colour three Jaguar triangular embroidered patch a current 'top' seller from Terrain - the 'official' supplier to the worlds armed forces???

Olly O'Leg
9th Feb 2007, 17:30
Sure it's got Jags on it.........????

Cynical old me!!! :E

BleepBleep
9th Feb 2007, 18:08
This came up in conversation at work recently - the information is that the period from 1 Apr until the end of Oct was always "at risk" as it was unfunded - there are parts and soforth available it is just the cost of the fuel. In other words it's anyone's guess!!!! It wouldn't take much to delacre an easy saving.

It's not stopping 6 Sqn having a rather full flying programme at the moment

Clear Right,Px Good!
9th Feb 2007, 18:15
Guys,

Come on, how else is the military going to find the money to give us the inflation-busting pay rise that we all deserve?

Sorry for the blatent sarcasm, however, I feel better now its off my chest, yes I know........ another thread somewhere!

CRPxGood

NutLoose
10th Feb 2007, 00:05
Guys,

Come on, how else is the military going to find the money to give us the inflation-busting pay rise that we all deserve?

Sorry for the blatent sarcasm, however, I feel better now its off my chest, yes I know........ another thread somewhere!

CRPxGood

You know one day you will come back down from the clouds into the real world... An inflation busting payrise huh, well you do get a pay rise every year, it may be small but you do and believe me a lot of the Aviation industries in this country do not, especially in the light side of the industry.........

I have served in the RAF and worked as a Civilian Engineer for the past 15 years, I have often gone for literally years without a payrise, and believe me it happens in airlines as well, so before you deem your payrise as a God given right, believe me it isn't.......... when the brain washing wears off and you re enter the world again you will realise this.

Clear Right,Px Good!
10th Feb 2007, 07:37
Nut Loose,

As a civilian engineer, please try to remember, the fire in your office bin...caused by the plethora of wrigleys chewing gum wrapping papers and FHM magazines... can be put out, and you can leave the office and shut the doors. Try doing that at 25,000 Ft in a smoking sardine can.

When was last time you had to make an approach to your workplace avoiding enemy fire?

Are you liable to be blown apart by a roadside bomb in your comfortable little car park.

I guess the answer is no, then please, do keep your unqualified comments to yourself, and leave the military to decide what they believe they deserve!

CRPxGood:ugh:

Mr C Hinecap
10th Feb 2007, 08:02
Isn't 6 Sqn a rather expensive holding flight to keep single seaters busy until all those shiny Typhoons are ready?

It may have an extensive flying programme, but exactly what are they adding to operational output right now? That money could go towards the huge deficits there are supporting the current ops.

r supwoods
10th Feb 2007, 11:21
CRPxGood...

So the PIRA bombs in the vicinity of our MoD building in London didn't happen .. and the precautions we had to take to ensure IEDs weren't attached to our cars .... yup some of US have been supporting the front line for a good many years.
Remember the work we do, prevents YOU from having to sit behind a desk!

Mr C Hinecap
10th Feb 2007, 13:39
r supwoods. Who was that a response to and exactly what bearing does it have upon the demise of the Jaguar?

Clear Right,Px Good!
10th Feb 2007, 19:52
Mr C Hinecap,

My fault, I just made a passing comment, a little bit of humour to make the day pass quicker. A couple of people got their 'Bridget Jones' in a twist over it.

My apologies !

CRPxGood / OUT

NutLoose
10th Feb 2007, 19:53
Nut Loose,

As a civilian engineer, please try to remember, the fire in your office bin...caused by the plethora of wrigleys chewing gum wrapping papers and FHM magazines... can be put out, and you can leave the office and shut the doors. Try doing that at 25,000 Ft in a smoking sardine can.

When was last time you had to make an approach to your workplace avoiding enemy fire?

Are you liable to be blown apart by a roadside bomb in your comfortable little car park.

I guess the answer is no, then please, do keep your unqualified comments to yourself, and leave the military to decide what they believe they deserve!

CRPxGood:ugh:

You seem to forget and obviously did not read my post fully, been there too mate..........

Remember, you joined up and accepted the risks as I did when I joined the RAF... or were you just wanting a quiet life in the Country free from the worries of where is my next paycheck coming from for the next 10 years?

Does that instantly make you a special case for an above inflation pay rise just because you are now having to do the Job you signed up and agreed to do for the renumeration you are getting? I think not.....

End of the day its not the "Military" as you believe should be deciding the rate you should get, but the people paying your wages, the taxpayers of this country through their legally appointed representatives........ The day we have a Military "Junta" deciding these things will be the day they have won.......

We all have choices to make in life, if you feel that you deserve more for what you are doing and are not happy in not getting it, Leave...... the choice is yours.....

Oh and the last time I had to approach my workplace when it was under fire was in the early eighties.

Clear Right,Px Good!
10th Feb 2007, 19:57
Nut Loose,

Who am I kidding, I can't leave. To hell with the pay, I love it too much.

CRPxGood

NutLoose
10th Feb 2007, 20:22
For what its worth.......... I wouldn't want to be doing it again these days, you are worth every sheckle they are paying you, and if I had my way you would be getting more.

I still remember as no doubt millions of servicemen before me, A force of some size that could take on a war and sustain it, though in my time it was not as critical as today............

Today I feel for you, as since I left, what was becoming an increasingly smaller force with an increasingly larger role you have to be really strapped for resourses...........

That is where I feel this Country has let you down big time, The other is getting rid of the Military Hospitals, so the support is no longer there when needed, even in my time we had Ely, Wroughton, Wegberg and I think Aldershot........... now you are thrown on the remenants of the NHS that this all spin Government has destroyed.

When the Tornado came in, I remember the saying going round the RAF at the time for this Multi role Aircraft was that we were getting less and less
Aircraft covering more and more roles, so eventually we will end up with f*ck all doing everything........................ something I feel you are reaching in this day and age.

Unfortunately my voice is only a small one in the scheme of things, but don't think we all do not care.

formertonkaplum
15th Feb 2007, 16:25
Rumours of not just the early demise of Jag but also other MUD assets?

Who knows the latest?

FTP