PDA

View Full Version : Airbus Target Speed On Landing

screwdriver
9th Feb 2007, 09:12
Has anyone ever noticed what happens to the target speed on landing. On some sims the speed target index winds up increasing off scale. Does this happen on the a/c and if so why?

FlightDetent
9th Feb 2007, 10:28
Has anyone ever noticed what happens to the target speed on landing.

There is a gadget called GS mini, however your description does not quite fit within its behaviour. :confused: Define "landing".

fd

Maz11
9th Feb 2007, 10:34
I think by landing he means when the aircraft touches down. In which case good question, can't say i've ever noticed. I'm at work this evening though i'll have a look.

screwdriver
10th Feb 2007, 09:55
Thanks.
I'm not refering to the variation in speed as a function of the GS Mini but the increase in target speed after touchdown. It may just be a "sim thing".

FlapsOne
10th Feb 2007, 23:32
Watched it today in the aircraft. It simply stays at Vapp.

As you decelerate towards taxi speed it apprears to increase but really stays where it is as the speed tape on the PFD 'goes up'.

All an optical illusion.

TheGorrilla
10th Feb 2007, 23:46
Divide your age by the square root of pye, multiply that by thirteen, intergrate by the number of sheep you counted getting to sleep last night, add 1/2 the headwind and all the gust, number of skittles fallen and beers drunk a week last tuesday, divide by ants in your pants and crocodiles in yer fridge, budgies in the local garden center, cucumbers and marrows on the isle of Skye, gays in the village and extrapolate the crap on this post, finally you'll arrive at the correct approach speed for an airbus 319.5.

P.Pilcher
10th Feb 2007, 23:58
Heavens - if you have to do it that way, I'm glad I never converted onto an airbus!

P.P.

TheGorrilla
11th Feb 2007, 00:32
I fly boeing these days......