PDA

View Full Version : Hong Kong Airways

pic_on_B737NG
9th Feb 2007, 01:40
Anyone from Hong Kong Airways (CR Airways) on the forum? I would like to find out if working for them is a pleasant experience. Furthermore I am curious about their working conditions and growth plans. Many thanks for responding.

beerboy
4th Mar 2007, 13:23
Depends what you're after..hours or pay and conditions? Actually in both cases you might find that you run up a bit short compared with the other Hong Kong carriers.

The management team are trying their best but they seem to be slamming their heads against the proverbial brick wall at times.

Working here is pleasant enough, but thats because everyone has a common moan concerning the lack of everything. Still,count yourself lucky that you're a pilot and not a cabin crew, at least the pilot's manager sticks up for them, the cabin crew manager is just there to stick it them(cabin crew).

pic_on_B737NG
6th Mar 2007, 15:11
And what does the package look like.... as far as hourly rate, days OFF, length of duty days, sectors per day, attitude of the pilot group, and working conditions in general?

Thanks in advance....

pic_on_B737NG
6th Mar 2007, 15:13
Hey beerboy... what does that mean?

Working here is pleasant enough, but thats because everyone has a common moan concerning the lack of everything.

beerboy
16th Mar 2007, 16:03
Well basically, our cousins over at the other HK airlilnes, including the OTHER 737 carrier are better off finacially in all aspects, or so I've been led to believe.
It is definitely the case at the big two, whilst at our sister airline, rumors are that they are better off finacially, but not as happy. Absolutely unclear whether this is the case although with three of their chaps coming over to our lot, guess it might be..or they might have jumped out of the frying pan!!

Add in the fact that there is no industry discount travel with any other airline, apart from ourselves.

So everybody is sticking around for the hours, the slim hope that things will change, or they are gettting more than they would back home (i.e. the South Americans)

rwyctrln
17th Mar 2007, 09:57
Everyone and every company wants things to be better for sure so why not just wait and see what happens at the end of the day.

pic_on_B737NG - If i were you wanting to find out more info, probably the internet search function would be a great help.