PDA

View Full Version : Fractional Ownership

bell 430
8th Feb 2007, 18:53
My boss is thinking of buying a share in a helicopter but does not know the pro's and conns of it could anybody list a few that they know of or have encounterd

many thanks:ooh: :O

Xavier Dosh
8th Feb 2007, 20:49
Hello Bell 430,

I would suggest that it would depend on the specific arrangement that your boss has. How many other shares will be held in the aircraft etc…

On the plus side – your boss may benefit from a favourable hourly rate for hours used in the aircraft if he/she is committing to a fractional ownership deal.

How often does he/she have a requirement for a helicopter? If the current requirement is ad-hoc, then I would suggest that it may be better to avoid committing funds to a Fractional Ownership deal charter on an ad-hoc basis.

I’ll be honest, I’m not a huge fan of fractional ownership, but I would be interested to see what feedback you get from the post.

As with all aircraft ownership, the best option is often very relevant to the individuals’ specific needs and not necessarily the best option for everybody else.

Let’s wait and see what the rest of the guys and girls say

Best wishes
XD

HawkEyez
8th Feb 2007, 21:21
It depends on how much you will need the helicopter.
Be wary of purchasing on contract as your requirements may change in the next 5 years or so.
Also, check into the maintenance costs with the program b/c they can include a high markup in that price. The company promises fair retail market value for the non-utilized flight hours.
There are benefits though including tax benefits and a turn key operation.