PDA

View Full Version : USMC CH-46 down Iraq

Gainesy
7th Feb 2007, 12:04
BBC reporting US Army helo down north of Baghdad, no word on POB or any casualties.
Ed to try and change title cos of duff gen from BBC

London Mil
7th Feb 2007, 12:15
It is also being reported as a CH46. Nice to see the facts are coming out. :(

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=2855643

GreenKnight121
8th Feb 2007, 05:18
USMC CH-46, 7 KIA.

Cause still uncertain, both enemy action and mechanical fault are being investigated.

Max Contingency
9th Feb 2007, 19:56
Having just seen this, my money is on enemy action. :( :( :(

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1ec7d3ccc6

barnstormer1968
9th Feb 2007, 20:37
My thought's go out to the families of the crew and passengers involved here. I think this type of thing is very tragic. American's have had their lives cut short yet again by people (other words would be more appropriate) who may not be Iraqi, and who may not have the Iraqi people's best interest at heart.
I firmly believe that so much of the trouble has been caused by people who really don't know what they are actually fighting for, or wouldn't want it, if it arrived.
R.I.P. to all involved. I am now 100% civilian, but mourn every allied loss in any sandy or otherwise theatre. And feel shame to live in a country where our politicians could not care less when their actions result in loss of life.
To all involved in this tragedy: You may or may not have agreed with why you were there, you knew there would be none, or little gratitude or reward, BUT you did your job and did your best. GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

Chugalug2
9th Feb 2007, 22:26
The bravest of the brave. Rest in Peace, for you have done your duty in full. To those left behind to grieve, very sincere condolences in your loss, but be proud of the selfless duty done by your loved one.
At the going down of the Sun, and in the morning, we will remember them.

NutLoose
9th Feb 2007, 23:54
My heartfelt condolences to the families of those that lost their lives in this tragic incident :uhoh:

glum
10th Feb 2007, 00:09
More brave lives wasted. May their families be proud of them.

RIP.