PDA

View Full Version : Funeral of ex-RAF ATC officer

albert
5th Feb 2007, 16:11
Am trying to find out forthcoming funeral details for a friend, of an an ex-RAF Air Traffic Controller. His name was Bruce Watts(58) and he died suddenly last week whilst working on contract with the Omani AirForce in Masirah. He had, I believe, worked at Masirah for quite some time.
Believe funeral might be in either Devon/Dorset.
Any details much appreciated.
Condolences to the family.
Albert.

Number2
5th Feb 2007, 16:40
I remember Bruce from Coningsby in 1985. Sad news.

My condolences to the family.

right chopper
11th Feb 2007, 13:57
Anybody know the details of the funeral yet?
Please post or PM me the details.

Thanks
RC

Matoman
12th Feb 2007, 07:23
Very sad news. I served with Bruce at Gutersloh in the late 1970's and it's tragic that he has died at 58 - another character is gone. Please post details of the funeral on here or PM me and I'll do my best to attend. I assume it will be in Truro where he had a flat?

Matoman

Clockwork Mouse
12th Feb 2007, 07:55
Bruce lost his second wife to (I think) cancer over a year ago. His daughter went out to Oman a couple of days ago but I do not know if it was to attend his funeral in country or to repatriate his body to UK. My daughter is a close friend of hers and I will ask this evening if she knows anything. They were a lovely family.

parabellum
12th Feb 2007, 09:04
This is very sad indeed. Bruce and I first met in Abu Dhabi in 1969/70 and we caught up, for the first time, last year when Bruce came and stayed with us. Unfortunately I have no useful contact information.
I believe that his wife's ashes were spread on their favourite beach in Masirah, it was her way of being with him, so it is possible that Bruce's will be too, it will depend upon his daughter's wishes I expect.
Sleep well Bruce.

Mattoman - Bruce emailed me a short while ago to say that he had sold his flat.

NutLoose
12th Feb 2007, 20:38
Albert,

There is another thread on the site in case you missed it with a contact number from Pongocrab, please see

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=263973

contents are

Bruce Watts ex RAF ATC and Oman Mil ATC Instructor
For all those who knew Bruce Watts.... formerly an RAF Air Traffic Controller, and latterly working as a Military Air Traffic Control Instructor with the Royal Air Force of Oman.... he sadly died on Sat 3 Feb in Oman at the age of 59. No funeral details as yet, but probably in Braunton N Devon in the near future. Details from Stu on 01460 281469.

rvusa
17th Feb 2007, 11:51
I have been informed that the funeral for Bruce Watts will take place at 14.30 on Monday, 26th February 2007, at Christ Church, Braunton, N. Devon.
Prior to this there will be a cremation at Barnstaple Crematorium at 12.30. This crematorium has, evidently, very little space, so there may be some restriction on numbers?

KWatts
26th May 2007, 01:30
Thank you for your interest and the kind thoughts that have been expressed about my father. After discovering this thread, on the internet, I thought I would write in answer to say that the funeral, while sad, was also a great testiment to him, his life and the relationships that he had with people. It was of great comfort to meet so may wonderful friends of my fathers. I hope, once I have gained permission, to spread dad's ashes, with his wife Trisha's, on Masirah this summer.

Clockwork Mouse
26th May 2007, 07:15
K
Good to see your post and to hear that all went well. A difficult and desperately sad time for you. Kate T sends her love and would like your email address.
Love from us all in Yorkshire.
CM