PDA

View Full Version : Animated images in emails?

Flying Lawyer
5th Feb 2007, 14:56
I occasionally get emails with animated images.

(1) How do I extract/save the animated image?

(2) How do I insert an animation in an email?

Mac the Knife
5th Feb 2007, 17:06
This is for MS Outlook, so if you use another email client or Linux the procedure will differ slightly.

1) Right-click on the image. Select "Save as" (it has to be a .gif image anyway to be animated) to wherever you want to save it.

2) It has to be an HTML format email, so if you usually use plain text as I do, New Message, Format (set this to HTML), Insert > Picture > browse to the image you want to insert > OK

Have fun!

PS: Some Windows people don't accept HTML formatted email or autostrip the HTML out (for fear of malware) so it isn't guaranteed to work all the time.

:ok:

Flying Lawyer
11th Feb 2007, 21:37
Thanks Mac. :ok:

Gouabafla
16th Feb 2007, 13:21
Animated gifs, either you love 'em or you hate 'em; there doesn't seem to be a mid point. I'm of the hate 'em persuasion and really wouldn't thank you for any emails containing them. As with anything of this sort, it's probably best to think twice before putting them in an email - you might just be sending it to someone as miserable as me.

BEagle
18th Feb 2007, 12:17
Hi Tudor,

Also, some 'emoticons' come from 'adware' sources, so cutting and pasting might expose you to such garbage getting into your system.