PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find a NICE twin to train and hire??

Needlesplit
5th Feb 2007, 14:52
I'm fed up of being being presented with crappy old aircraft. I fancy doing a twin rating and I got all excited about pool aviation's virtually brand new Seneca 5 but evidently they dont have it now. So does anyone know where I can find a NICE twin, dont really mind which but obviously something along the lines of the Aztec, Seneca Duchess etc.

I am based in the North West (Near Manchester) but happy to travel a reasonable distance. However, ideally not too far because I intend to hire and use it when I've done the course.

Many thanks Folks.

Regards

Needlesplit

StraightLevel
5th Feb 2007, 15:49
hi needlesplit,

try here: http://www.papa-bravo.com

the multi-rating is actually done with triple-A in humberside.

regards,

straightlevel:)

Pilotdom
5th Feb 2007, 15:59
Aircraft grouping have just got a Brand New Da42 twinstar which is based around a non-capital group that I think charges £170 a month fixed costs and £100 wet with no liablilty for any other costs. They have a base at Manchester Barton and a new base opening in Blackpool there website is:-

www.aircraftgrouping.co.uk (http://www.aircraftgrouping.co.uk)

Check em out it may be what your looking for!

MIKECR
5th Feb 2007, 17:21
I would go for the twinstar option aswell. I did my multi in a beat up old Seneca, it wasnt that much fun! Levers here, there and everywhere, props that dont synch blah blah blah.....! Go for something new and shiny, complete with all the toys!

Pilotdom
5th Feb 2007, 17:27
Just re-read your post again and you say your after training aswell? AircarftGrouping also have Flight Instructors within the group aswell.

Needlesplit
6th Feb 2007, 09:28
Many thanks folks. The Twinstar looks like lots of fun. I will report back with how it goes and maybe some pictures!:ok:

Regards

N/S

crap pilot
6th Feb 2007, 10:44
The aircraft grouping website needs updating. They also have a very nice Aztec as well as the DA42(the DA42 will only be available in about 4-6weeks). £170 per month gives you access to them and then its £100 p/h for the DA42 and £190 p/h for the Aztec. Both will be based at Blackpool and im told that training for the MEP will be available in them.

englishal
6th Feb 2007, 14:33
I'd happily pay £100 ph to fly the Twin Star. Shame it is too far away from me.

In the UK what is the twin rental requirements? In the USA it is exceedingly unlikley that you'd be able to rent a twin unless you have in excess of 500 hours TT, 100 ME, 10 on type....as an absolute minimum. Many places require 500ME time.

StraightLevel
6th Feb 2007, 16:25
Think it depends on the individual aircrafts insurance.

I rented the DA42 from Papa-Bravo after completing the conversion course at Triple-A and I had a CPL/IR, approx 225 hrs total time including only 25 hrs ME time which included 5 on the DA42, so not as restrictive as America it would seem.

Straightlevel

Chilli Monster
6th Feb 2007, 18:02
In the UK what is the twin rental requirements?

Nothng so onerous as the US. When I got my ME rating I was allowed to hire it from day 1 - And I only had 101 hours total time :)

It's nice being in the position now though where even US twin hire wouldn't appear to be a problem ;)

mikehammer
6th Feb 2007, 20:49
If you would travel as far as Teeside I renewed my ME rating in the Cleveland Flying School brand new seminole. So quiet I couldn't hear the engines, not used to the lack of vibration. Loved it. Long way along the A66 though for you.