PDA

View Full Version : John Eacott in the News

Heliport
5th Feb 2007, 13:24
I've just been reading an article by Captain Jock Lowe, the current Master of the Guild of Air Pilots, in the latest issue of Guild News.

In an account of his official visit to Guild branches in New Zealand, Australia and Hong Kong,the former Chief Pilot of British Airways says: "Guild member John Eacott flew us in his Kawasaki helicopter to the Royal Victorian Aero Club, showing us the centre of Melbourne and the beautiful coastline en route."
And, later in the article, what does the longest-serving Concorde pilot remember as a highlight of his "trip of a lifetime"?

The end of the evening provided a highlight in anyone’s book.

John Eacott flew us to Avalon where we met a Jetstar aircraft inbound from Perth. A tarmac transfer of a medical package saw a
heart, ready for transplant, loaded in the helicopter next to Petra!
A spectacular flight at midnight followed.
John landed his helicopter on the roof of a city centre hospital where the transplant organ was needed.
After a rapid offload into the hands of medical staff, we then flew back to Essendon.

A truly unique experience!

A 'truly unique experience' for most people, but another day in the life of many helicopter pilots.
Great PR for helicopters John. :ok: The Guild News has a wide distribution, not just to members of the Guild.

Was his organ transfer flight with you planned or lucky timing?

H.

movin' up
5th Feb 2007, 21:47
Always knew he had a heart :ok:

Nigel Osborn
5th Feb 2007, 22:39
At his age & all that grey hair, he probably needs one!:ok:

SASless
5th Feb 2007, 22:46
When I saw the title of the thread.....I figured the Sheriff finally caught up to him!

John Eacott
6th Feb 2007, 07:14
Was his organ transfer flight with you planned or lucky timing?

Lucky timing!

Going slightly OT, how many of us (you?) have signed up as Organ Donors? Getting involved as we are with flights for harvested organs, it amazes me how low is the number of registered Organ Donors in Australia, and how many people go to their graves for the want of an organ.

You can't take them with you: contact your national organ donor directory, and register yourself today.

Please :ok:

Heli-Ice
6th Feb 2007, 08:00
John

Is a heart of stone considered an organ? :}