PDA

View Full Version : OJAR Faff

DownloadDog
2nd Feb 2007, 13:22
Just been told that the OJAR system on JPA isn't to be used this year as the feedback has been such that it's unworkable! Looks like it's back to the old fashioned 3.5" floppy!:ugh:

Big Bear
2nd Feb 2007, 14:24
DD - I don't know why you're worried, it seems that the promotion boards are completely random and would be made much more efficient by simply pulling names out of a hat. The OJAR system is completely flawed due to the increasing number of ROs who simply write the words on reports that promotion boards are looking for, rather than constructing a fair and accurate report of an individual's performance.

Yes I am bitter, but I have have no worries about leaving as I know that in civvie street I will be interviewed for jobs, and therefore my destiny will be in my own hands, rather than those of incompetant ROs.

Rant over.

L J R
2nd Feb 2007, 14:35
Better not use Microsoft's new operating system - VISTA, it does not use Floppy's anymore.

...not an ad for VISTA, I am an Apple user:ok:

Melchett01
2nd Feb 2007, 15:32
Better not use Microsoft's new operating system - VISTA, it does not use Floppy's anymore.

You are kidding aren't you? The MOD using something that up to date? The IT section here is getting excited about being able to use W2K for the first time - Vista might just be introduced in time for the RAF's 150th anniversary.

As for the whole JPA thing, doesn't surprise me one iota. Tried to fill the preferences section in - not a hope! On top of that PSF sent me my job specs and competencies that were supposedly a cut from JPA, but were in fact totally different from what I get when I log on. So getting a joined up system that can take data from one side of the system and populate it in another side automatically just won't happen.

Never had these problems with pen and paper!

Pontius Navigator
2nd Feb 2007, 15:43
I said in half a block everything I wished to say. I have been directed to fill the block. Shame I can't increase the font and reduce the spacing.

vecvechookattack
2nd Feb 2007, 16:28
My Computer doesn't have a 3.5" floppy....what do I do?

L J R
2nd Feb 2007, 16:49
Stop stroking it, after about 5 minutes it gets floppy.