PDA

View Full Version : Jet2 - 3

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

wawkrk
5th Mar 2009, 03:55
TSR2 - OK slightly different meaning to what I posted.
From Jet2 website

(Is there a charge for hand baggage?
Your hand baggage allowance is free when checking in on-line, however if you are travelling with hand baggage only and choose to check-in at the airport, there will be a charge of £2.)

TSR2
5th Mar 2009, 09:24
Yes WAWKRK you are correct, there is a £2 charge (£4 return) for Cabin Baggage if you do not use on-line check-in.

This £2 supplement ALSO applies to Checked Baggage at Airport Check-In.

jetty69
5th Mar 2009, 09:38
does anyone know how much jet2 are paying for a set of winglets for there 757's??

TSR2
5th Mar 2009, 14:03
does anyone know how much jet2 are paying for a set of winglets for there 757's

US$ 935,000 + installation was the figure quoted in a major aviation magazine last July.

jetty69
5th Mar 2009, 20:42
what are theh cost of a new set of 757 winglets then ??

TSR2
5th Mar 2009, 20:59
what are theh cost of a new set of 757 winglets then ??

Go to Aviation Partners Boeing website and click on Program List Prices. You should find your information there.

EBC-S9
16th Mar 2009, 10:21
Does anyone know the situation with 'AD'! Has it left Southend, and what modifications did it get?

harrogate
19th Mar 2009, 19:30
Scott Mills ran a campaign to get Jo Whiley named after an airport and BLK was the main one mentioned and the management even had a meeting before rejecting the idea.

Jet2 then took it upon themselves to name one of their 737s based at BLK after the famous DJ. She now flies around Europe, currently from MAN!

I drive past LBA on the way to work, and for the last couple of months the Jo Whiley jet's been stood there every morning.

flybar
22nd Mar 2009, 19:25
Appear to have problems with a 757 at ACE. Estimated Delay into LBA 11 hours. Operated on time outbound.

Shiver me timbers!
22nd Mar 2009, 19:39
Yup - parents stuck in Arrecife with no information as of yet. Apparently it's G-LSAG - this one seems to encounter problem after problem.

LBIA
22nd Mar 2009, 22:34
Hi

I just thought I’d let you know that Jet2 have about an Hour or so ago sent out Boeing 757-200, G-LSAH as the LS15P from Manchester as a replacement aircraft to pick up the stranded Arrecife-Leeds/Bradford passengers.

So if you parents haven’t been told I guess you could update them with a phone call or maybe a text to tell them that a spare aircraft is on it way and will be there of about 01:00ish.

By the way LBA's arrivals boards are showing an 06:00 Estimated time of arrival for the said LS218 service.

ExpectmorePayless
22nd Mar 2009, 23:07
I always thought Arrecife airport closed at night :hmm:

LPFR
23rd Mar 2009, 01:39
For any golfers interested.. Jet2 will not be charging for any golf clubs for those travelling during 1st - 31st May and 1st - 31st October, to Faro (Algarve).

harrogate
23rd Mar 2009, 16:15
I see the share price is tumbling.

Down another 2.5 pence today.

Any ideas what's causing it, because they were steadily rising through adversity until a fortnight ago?

Might actually buy some this time if they go below 30p, rather than just watching.

Just need to find some cash...

harrogate
25th Mar 2009, 10:23
Wow.

Does someone know something we don't? The share price is continuing to nosedive. Down another 9% already today.

Has there been a trading statement or something? I can't see it if there has.

flybymike
25th Mar 2009, 13:25
I have heard talk that the country is in recession and that share values across the board are collapsing in all sectors......Perhaps that is the reason.

harrogate
25th Mar 2009, 14:43
Now there's an intelligent post.

The share price has risen through adversity steadily for the past 6 months, peaking at 40p a few weeks ago. It's been holding in the mid to upper 30s for months now, but in the last few days it's dived down to 28p with some singificant single downward jumps.

There's been a marked decline in a very short period, in stark contrast to the recent trend.

I assume there's a winter trading update ready and waiting in the wings.

harrogate
25th Mar 2009, 15:33
Of course.

Thanks.

My problem is I'm too analytical sometimes.

Anyone else notice the apparent changes in the Google algorithm this morning?

Didn't think so.

It's not healthy that I spotted both of the changes within about 30 seconds of using Google this morning.

gazza007
25th Mar 2009, 21:14
Off to MAN-TFS in a few weeks & taking cabin bag/case, will check-in online to avoid charge. I noticed from the website that the case size is a little shorter than most. How strict are they on this? Do they measure & weigh at the gate? I also usually take a smallished sized shoulder bag that I put my passport and A4 sized docs, plus my lunch in etc, I guess male equivalent of handbag, will they treat this as 2 bags?, small enough to go under the seat.
One other thing, can you check-in online when returning from TFS as I will do this at home as only away for 5 days.
Cheers for any advice.

Shiver me timbers!
27th Mar 2009, 21:27
Hi

I just thought I’d let you know that Jet2 have about an Hour or so ago sent out Boeing 757-200, G-LSAH as the LS15P from Manchester as a replacement aircraft to pick up the stranded Arrecife-Leeds/Bradford passengers.

So if you parents haven’t been told I guess you could update them with a phone call or maybe a text to tell them that a spare aircraft is on it way and will be there of about 01:00ish.

By the way LBA's arrivals boards are showing an 06:00 Estimated time of arrival for the said LS218 service.

Missed this but cheers anyhoo! :D

BYALPHAINDIA
27th Mar 2009, 21:43
I always thought Arrecife airport closed at night

It might be closing during the day - If they don't do something about the 'Rate Of the Euro' - Soon!!

I was told last week from someone who has just spent 4 weeks in 'Las Americas' The only tourists in the Canaries at the moment are the Germans.

Not surprising, As the Germans always seem to have more spending money than us 'Brits'

While we the (Brits) are filling up in Egypt!!

MUFC_fan
28th Mar 2009, 09:22
I doubt the Germans have much more to spend than we do at the moment, especially all those involved in the car trade!

The reason there will be a number of Germans is that they are not affected by the exchange rate. It is exactly the same as it was last year for them and the same as it will be next.

I think having 'holidayed' with the Germans for quite a number of years now, we British are looking to cosy up with the Italians and Russians in Egypt and Turkey.:}

Ten West
28th Mar 2009, 09:33
The Germans probably have less disposable income than we do in point of fact. I can't remember the exact figures, but I know their income tax rates are horrific.

Jet2krazey
29th Mar 2009, 20:59
Does anyone know yet if AD has been repainted in full Jet2 colours and had winglets fitted! or is it still a flying Tampon! :p

lukeylad
29th Mar 2009, 21:11
AD is still an NCL based Flying Tampon,with out winglets!

johnnychips
29th Mar 2009, 23:15
Sorry this is off-topic, but why are winglets so good? Perhaps someone could direct me to another thread on Pprune or some external site.

TSR2
29th Mar 2009, 23:41
Go to Aviation Partners Boeing (http://www.aviationpartnersboeing.com) and read all about them.

silverhawk
30th Mar 2009, 17:31
Johnny

Basic aerodynamics. This is a forum for Professional Pilots.

CentreFix25
30th Mar 2009, 19:40
I'm not a professional pilot, do I have to leave?

silverhawk
30th Mar 2009, 19:52
If you have an interest in the subject

johnnychips
30th Mar 2009, 22:35
Thanks TSR2, it was informative and I understood it; but I can't understand if the aerodynamics are that "basic" why they have only recently become so popular and standard. No need for replies.

bobleeds
30th Mar 2009, 23:02
I would guess it's because the technology to manufacture the composite materials that are light and strong enough to do the job have only become available relatively recently at economically viable costs (just a guess by SLF though).

Going slightly off subject thread, but out of interest can anybody advise which was the first commercial airliner to be fitted with winglwets as standard?

IrishAirMush
31st Mar 2009, 08:53
I believe that this subject is a matter of opinion and we should not get worked up about it, are you with me guy! (and girls, not that they can fly ahahah)

31st Mar 2009, 20:15
Will Newark be returning W09 anoyone know?
Any new Long haul destinations on the cards? :ok:

BYALPHAINDIA
1st Apr 2009, 20:45
I think it is bookable now?

LBIA was 'Suspiciously' quiet on sunday morning right up until about 15.00 then 73's & 75's followed each other out together.

LSAB seems a regular at the moment.

flybar
4th Apr 2009, 11:08
Jet2 fleet all over the place at the moment - Interesting positioning flights back into LBA today from, amongst others, Lyneham and Montreal!

lbalad
4th Apr 2009, 12:08
What's the story behind the Montreal flight,anyone?

It appears it operated a flight the day before from LGW,a sub for another airline perhaps?

flybar
4th Apr 2009, 12:28
Yep LS6676 LGW-YUL - It was said that the flights to New York were proving flights for medium haul charter work.

757flyer
4th Apr 2009, 21:26
Rumour of Jet2 buying another 737, anyone know any more?

LPFR
4th Apr 2009, 21:35
Ex-Ryanair planes maybe? They want to get rid from the ones delivered in 2001/02/03.

A 737-800 would look really good on Jet2 livery, IMO.

loveJet
5th Apr 2009, 04:37
which aircraft will be dedicated to Palmair? or will it be as and when aircraft are available?

will it be painted in Palmair colours?

loveJet
5th Apr 2009, 10:37
initially it was thought they wern't and Viking are completing April flights. But Palmair have launched their summer 2009 flight sales online and the entire summer programme shows LS flight codes, not VIK. VIK only for April.

OliWW
5th Apr 2009, 22:21
Anyone know what is wrong with AJ, went out from EMA to SSH today, departed pretty much on time but has a 23hr delay now, and isnt due until 10pm tomorrow night?

Facelookbovvered
6th Apr 2009, 07:24
Just a minor tech issue that put the crew out of hours, so they get chance to spend a weeks worth of allowances in the bar lol

The 757 is a great aircraft for these routes, but remember they are 22 years old and don't have the reliabilty of new Boeing or Airbus kit

take-off
7th Apr 2009, 10:51
out of interest, what would be the ideal aircraft for #jet2 to replace the old girls with, airbus or more boeings or poss mix of both?

EGNMCharlie
7th Apr 2009, 11:05
A319 and A321 or B737-700 and B737-800/900 I reckon would be best but lets face it Jet2 arn't getting any new aircraft for a while yet that have only recently signed a 15 year P&W contract for their 737-300's so jeasus in 13 years think they should be paying pax to fly on them!

OliWW
7th Apr 2009, 15:20
Most of Jet2s B733 are built in 1986 or 1988 with the odd one built around those stages, if they have recentally signed a 15 yr contract. Say within the last 3 years, then we can expect to see those aircraft flying beyond 2020. Which will make them around 35yrs old +, wouldnt want to be flying on them in 2020, and people say WWs aircraft are old, 10 years newer than some of Jet2s

B-727
7th Apr 2009, 15:44
With Jet2's management attitude to Greatly Degrade Flightcrew there will be no need to worry about the 733's reaching 2020 as there will be no one left or for that matter, wanting to fly them!!

tonker
7th Apr 2009, 16:16
The P&W deal is just that, P&W. The new C class airliner from Bombardier also uses P&W engines covered by the engine contract.ooooh rumour:ok:

LPFR
7th Apr 2009, 17:50
Are they waiting for the aircrafts to all break down one day? They're already old and are developing lots of problems. Especially the 757's, every now and then one of them get a technical problem. Not sure if it's profitable keeping them til they're 35 years old. Think they should start fasing them out and introducing some newer ones.

flybar
7th Apr 2009, 18:07
The P&W contract applies only to the 737's.
The 757's have Rolls Royce engines.

take-off
8th Apr 2009, 08:21
Would we be likely to see any airbus in fleet, or some newer 757s if they can be found?

Mooncrest
8th Apr 2009, 09:16
Sorry to be a pedant, ladies and gents, but the spelling on here is terrible. For example:

til - till
fasing - phasing
recentally - recently
arn't - aren't
jeasus - Jesus
reliabilty - reliability

I won't go on but these threads can be painful to read at times. Don't people have access to spellcheckers or even dictionaries these days ? :=

ZeBedie
8th Apr 2009, 09:54
You're right, but you'll be flamed for daring to say it!

My favorites are there/their/they're or to/two/too.

wawkrk
8th Apr 2009, 09:59
Mooncrest:

I agree, see my posting on the Leeds thread. Also from Rainboe
My pet hate is "there" instead of "their."
The overall standard of English is appalling.
The UK culture is now just so primitive.
All foreigners working for me have a much higher level of education and skills in several languages.
Anyone can use spellcheck but most simply do not care.
Any old spelling seems to be near enough.

wawkrk

Rainboe
8th Apr 2009, 14:16
I feel quite a lot of shock seeing well educated Indians and Pakistanis being interviewed and coming across with the most stunningly perfect English, with superb elocution. I see many parents are now sending there (that's a joke!) offspring to the sub-continent for private education. It is a cause of major despair that English is spoken and written far better by foreigners, and the British are now sinking into a morass of uneducated drivel with bizarre accents being thrust in your face everywhere you look. I think it is laziness and plain ignorance, with no desire to improve oneself! As I said, any criticism or suggestion to 'improve oneself' instigates a savage reaction rather than a 'Woops! Sorry! I shall try and improve!' Is anybody going to defend the legacy Shakespeare passed on to us?

Can we get rid of Birmingham, Liverpool and Newcastle though, to give the country a chance?

Ph1l1pncl
8th Apr 2009, 14:24
Can we get rid of Birmingham, Liverpool and Newcastle though, to give the country a chance?

How would getting rid of these cities give the country a chance? Are you saying people from these areas are not as smart as others, or is it the accents that you dont like from these areas?

wawkrk
8th Apr 2009, 15:38
In my company here in Krakow, the staff need to call many different countries and never have any problems communicating in English. However, they do not like to call the UK so I must do it.
The reason? They cannot understand a word and complain about UK people speaking with noodles in the mouth.
I read an article about a French diplomat. He described foreign English as Globish.He once had a meeting with and Englishmen, a Malaysian and a Hungarian.Everybody understood the English conversation perfectly well but nobody could understand the English guy.He was really pissed off.

Rainboe, you forgot Luton. I sometimes understand the tourists over here but only because they use very short repetitive 4 letter words.

paully
8th Apr 2009, 15:58
Hate to rain on the linguists parade here, and I know its not exactly the Jet2 thread :ugh: but does anyone know when Jet2 winter 09/10 fares might be going on sale?...

commit aviation
8th Apr 2009, 19:40
paully: Ski flights went on sale today:

LBA - CMF / GVA / SZG (not on the press release but on timetable.)
MAN - CMF / GVA
EDI - CMF
BFS - CMF
NCL - CMF
BLK - GVA

Not as many frequencies as this winter by the looks of things.

Canaries & SSH also been on sale a while. Doubtless the rest will follow in the next few weeks.

Has anyone noticed that LBA - BGY appears to have been pulled for winter? Was launched in January but no longer showing availability.

Spelling: Loose instead of lose always drives me nuts!!! :\

paully
8th Apr 2009, 20:32
many thanks...........

johnnychips
8th Apr 2009, 21:04
'a meeting with and Englishmen' :eek:

flybymike
8th Apr 2009, 22:59
ZeBedie, My favourite is favorite ( unless you are American....)

wawkrk
9th Apr 2009, 07:03
We all make mistakes and typing errors.:\

Strelnikov
9th Apr 2009, 07:17
Folks, could you possibly relocate the debate on spelling to JetBlast where it belongs please?

There are many like-minded folk in JB with whom you can collectively vent your spleens.

wawkrk
9th Apr 2009, 10:17
Yes very sory.We must post their.:cool:

tonker
9th Apr 2009, 10:21
their or there:D:D:D:D:D:D

muckin fuddle
9th Apr 2009, 11:11
their or there

Fink he meens there. Innit like. :eek::eek:

LPFR
9th Apr 2009, 19:12
Going back to the Jet2 topic, saw for the first time the "new" G-LSAC, and have to say the huge winglets look really nice and give the aircraft an even more elegant touch, imo. Also didn't knew they have changed the seats. Looking much better and modern than the old grey ones. Way to go :ok:

freightdoggy dog
9th Apr 2009, 19:19
LPFR..You obviously have not sat in one for 9 hours and 15 minutes !

Then again I did have a row to myself , a hotel pillow and six crew looking after me !!

There there Tonker , you could always go on Countdown you know:ok:

tonker
9th Apr 2009, 19:25
Only if they bring back Carrol:)

SCANDIC
9th Apr 2009, 19:27
Those 757s of jet2 are a bit crummy the loaders couldn't even get the rear luggage door open the other day plus other problems, their definantely showing their age. Did jet2 buy them or are they all leased and also has G-LSAD had a full paint job yet.

lukeylad
9th Apr 2009, 19:32
As far as im aware Jet2 own all there aircraft outright!

No G-LSAD is still painted Red and White.

SCANDIC
9th Apr 2009, 19:36
I think that LSAD actually looks better in the red and white, i've not seen it at Man for quite a while.

ExpectmorePayless
9th Apr 2009, 20:07
Tonker. Did you mean Carol or Carrol ? :)

lukeylad
9th Apr 2009, 20:31
Scandic.

AD's been based at NCL for a while now!

tonker
9th Apr 2009, 21:06
Carrol, twin sister of Carol..only better:\

YouTube - The very sexy carol vorderman (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XBKg9GpzEY)

flybar
10th Apr 2009, 12:15
Are Jet2 operating Gatwick - Djibouti for the forseeable future?

jet2impress
10th Apr 2009, 15:25
I Think the Djibouti flights are operating until end of May. Although, I am not 100% sure. Does anyone else have a better idea?

B-727
10th Apr 2009, 17:41
Hadn't heard that one. It's a shame Jet2 can't continue the MOD flights. I don't just mean for the week stay in Dubai or whatever it is now either, even though I hear the hotel is rather good.

I've flown the troops before and I don't think there could be any nicer passengers. No trouble, very polite and an honor to fly, especially in the current situation in Iraq and Afganistan. Also, the ground handling provided by the RAF is supperb. No crap, no excuses, they just get on and do it. ............I don't work for an Army or Air Force recruitment office by the way!!

The charters must of been profitable too, or Jet2 wouldn't of done them and I hear Globescam and Monarch to name a few are still carrying them out.

ask26
11th Apr 2009, 23:17
As this is a rumours forum, I work at DSA and have heard that Jet2 are exploring Doncaster for next summer. Why I have no idea given LBA proximity. Anyone on the inside able to confirm or deny?

Spotter LBA
12th Apr 2009, 07:58
I know that Jet2 had had conversations with DSA a few months back with regards to training flights out of DSA but I haven't heard anyhting about them setting up a base. I personally can't see them setting a base up but it will do DSA a world of good if they did.

Facelookbovvered
12th Apr 2009, 09:52
They have had talks with DSA (and others) but its not a priority and as much as anything else it is a shot accross the bow's at Bridgeport management talks with Ryanair, Ryanairs offering this side of the hill are very poor and there must be huge potenial for them and the airport, lets face it, if Leeds is to grow to above 3m pax it will need more than Jet2 and the decreasing number of flights from bmi. But who blinks first? if Ryanair move a few aircraft in on Jet2 current routes and Jet2 move out to DSA then the gain will be marginal. Look what happened at BHX with baby, the figures from Oltonpete tend to show net growth even after baby pulled routes and aircraft

love em or hate em Ryanair have been very good thus far at putting bums on seats, i suspect if and when they upgrade the lighting on 14 and get Cat 2 ops it might swing it, lets face it they have tp put the aircraft somewhere, for once i hope the airport spend the money on more shops and less lighting and keep the airport as Jet2 international lol:D

Teevee
12th Apr 2009, 10:48
That rumours been around for more than a couple of months and I wouldn't put any store by it at all.

freightdoggy dog
13th Apr 2009, 08:31
B-727, MOD charters are on going, another 2 booked for 1st - 4th May out of AKT and NHD.

Yep the best pax I've flown and the best loaders..they put Circusair, Deviance and Mingzies to shame !

Tonker it begs the question...Felicity Kendal or Penelope Keith or both :eek: ?

tonker
13th Apr 2009, 08:45
Keith in her younger days for style and presence, Kendal for when you want a mum downstairs although her voice would leave me to enforce a no talking ban, and a bit of Delia for that off the wall drinking "everyman needs a whore in the bedroom" type of good in the kitchen bird.

TheMaskedDispatcher
14th Apr 2009, 07:13
'ground handling provided by the RAF is supperb. No crap, no excuses, they just get on and do it'. .
'Yep the best pax I've flown and the best loaders..they put Circusair, Deviance and Mingzies to shame !'

Even I could get a team of 4 lads (paid for by taxpayer) to 'handball' 100+ bags and kit onto an aging Boeing in 5 mins if i had the option of a week in the glasshouse or a flogging through the ranks for shirkers and idlers! Saying that i have to agree on the dispostition of the Pax . .superb chaps to a man and a pleasure to deal with . .

T-M-Drill-Sergeant

AIRWAY1UK
14th Apr 2009, 09:41
It would appear Jet2 are doing something right for a strong future.Share price up 35% today!!
Where are all doom mongers now with their (not so) convincing words?

harrogate
14th Apr 2009, 12:46
Yeah, I saw that too.

That's a remarkable surge. Kind of wish I'd bought some shares at 19p this time last year.

51p this morning.

wawkrk
14th Apr 2009, 13:08
Maybe something significant happened to cause such a big rise.

jet2impress
14th Apr 2009, 13:21
I wonder??? Maybe it was this........

RNS Number : 4715Q
Dart Group PLC
14 April 2009

Dart Group PLC ("the Group")

Pre-close trading update

Dart Group PLC, the aviation and distribution group, announces a pre-close trading update in respect of the year ended 31 March 2009.

Since the announcement of its interim results on 4 December 2009, the Group has continued to trade ahead of market expectations over the second half of the financial year.

Jet2.com, the Group's leisure airline, has benefited from a cautious approach to its winter schedule, supplemented by a strong charter programme.

Fowler Welch-Coolchain, the Group's distribution business, continues to perform in line with the Board's expectations.

Cash flow remains strong, with the Group ending the year with positive cash balances.

Overall, the Board expects the Group's full year results to be ahead of current market expectations, as a result of both the strong trading performance and one-off treasury gains, driven by the strength of the US dollar.

The Board is pleased to report that Jet2.com scheduled bookings and load factors for summer 2009 are in line with 2008 levels.

The Group expects to announce its preliminary results for the year ended 31 March 2009 on 30 July 2009.

14 April 2009

B-727
14th Apr 2009, 17:01
All very good, especially for those of us who bought shares at 19p :hmm:

However, before we all start saying how wonderful the management are and PM and ID certainly deserve some credit, lets not forget where some of the savings came from on the bottom line:

* Reduction in leave

* Loss of contract pilots

* Next to nothing, in fact since 1st May, NO COMMISION for the Cabin Crew

* Changes in Fuel Policy helped mostly by us bus drivers

* No pay increase for the last few years

* Reduction in Staff Travel

* Forced relocation and changes to Cabin Crew from permenant to seasonal / part time contracts (at some bases)

I'm sure I could go on. It's not a gripe at the company, just a reminder to give some credit where its due............ the staff!! :ok:

wawkrk
14th Apr 2009, 17:14
All due credit to the employees for helping to keep Jet2 alive when so many were ready to write the company off.

MUFC_fan
14th Apr 2009, 19:20
And also that their luxuries may be being withdrawn but their standard of service is still top class.

757flyer
14th Apr 2009, 20:19
this is sick.

Some cabin crew are having serious problems due to jet2 effectivley stealing from their wage packets with the new comission scheme. I have seen complete dispair with some crews when not meeting unrealistic targets, plus the flight deck crew suffer with little or no summer leave and reduced t and c. Yet HR splash and waste money on "geat deal friendlier" programs which are now really sticking in the throat of crews.

Jet2 is a mess, short term they are lining the pockets of shareholders, long term it will self implode due to the horrendous mis managment by HR and their cronies.

harrogate
15th Apr 2009, 09:53
Jobs or perks?

I'd rather just have a job in the short-term at the moment, and worry about perks for when the market picks up.

Slur the company if they still screw the crews when the good times come back. At least they stand a chance of seeing the good times again when/if they ever come back, unlike a few other airlines I can think of.

B-727
15th Apr 2009, 10:14
Jobs or perks?

Harrogate:

Comission is not a perk for the cabin crew, it's a large percentage of their salary. It means they may lose up to £4-5k a year and their mortgages are based on this figure. We're not talking about losing the right to buy a sandwich on board at half price here.

Of course everyone would rather keep their jobs but this has had another big hit on crew moral. 757 Flyer hits the nail on the head when he points out that whilst the crew lose this money in the name of the company, they have to watch the company throw thousands away on useless schemes by out-of-touch marketing and HR bods.

harrogate
15th Apr 2009, 11:20
I don't disagree that it's hard on the staff, but what does a company do in the current climate?

Given their market and the state it's in, it's only natural that they should want to fellate the shareholders for a while. What's the other option? It's schmooze or lose right now.

Jet2 aren't unique for putting the squeeze on their employees at the moment. My missus has has had to take a 1/5 pay cut and a 12 month bonues freeze - and that's all based merely on the fear of the recession by her company, because they've just had a record year and have won more new business than ever before. Arguably that's more galling, but it's the name of the game right now. It's hard, but she understands (well, she does now).

Same deal in other companies around here at the moment, be they new media or heavy engineering. It's a sign of the times.

People are quick to bang on about shrwedness and prudence when talking about the state of the economy right now, yet they throw all manner of abuse at employers, banks, etc who are trying to exercise genuine caution.

And you get HR and marketing incompetence in most companies. I don't know the ins and out of what you're referring to when you talk about marketing and HR goofs, but let's hope Jet2 learn quickly in areas like that where they could be doing much better.

757flyer
15th Apr 2009, 14:44
"jobs or perks"

Cant you see whats going on here? There is no real threat to the Dart group at present in the resession. Because the media play resession news every day the management are playing on this fear, and the reason? Not to protect jobs but to improve the bottom line, bump up the share prices and increase profits. Dont forget Jet2 was set up on the back of 9/11, PM always takes advantage of downturns. The problem is that they are going too far and it will turn round and bite them. The front line staff are getting so fed up with the p*** taking that this will effect the product in the long run. Why should a cabin crew member flog themselfs for 13 hours trying to sell knowing that the target is unreachable? They will eventually just do the minimum as the resentment builds. Or as some are doing, find a decent employer.

Harrogate, can jet2 do any wrong in your eyes?

harrogate
15th Apr 2009, 15:53
Yes, of course they can. I don't subscribe to this football fan-like allegiance that lots of people on here display when talking about airlines and airports. I don't owe Jet2 anything in terms of good PR. I find them to be above average from personal experience of using them, but I they're by no means the best airline I've ever flown with. The staff are nice, and I know a couple of them.

I honestly don't believe that you just said that there's no threat at present to a company that operates only in air travel and logistics. They're 2 of the most narrow margin industries I can think of, and are far more susceptible than many other industries to fluctuation and whim. Just count the number of haulage companies and airlines that have gone balls up in the past year or so.

Now think for a minute about your statement that Dart Group don't appear to be in immediate danger, and then follow the logical chain of events backwards that has lead to them being in the relatively strong position they're in.

Call me stupid, but it could be down to prudence and shrewdness. OK, that involves stepping on the toes of the staff in some cases, but maybe it's for the greater good (with a big emphasis on 'maybe' there).

Nobody's saying that the screw hasn't been turning harder on the staff, but could such cutbacks possibly be one of the reasons why Jet2 are doing OK right now? There are other areas where they've no doubt made savings and even gains (see yesterday's statement for evidence), but the staff cutbacks will have definitely been one of the factors that's helped them keep afloat.

To paraphrase Chris Hoye "the aggregation of marginal gains makes a winning team".

OK, it might not feel to the staff right now that they're winning, but they stand a better chance of being in a good position to profit in future from a business model that at present hurts a fair bit.

The real test of Jet2's honour will come in the future if/when good times return. If they don't reward the staff down the line for sticking with them through the tough times, then it truly is open season on their reputation.

Companies are notorious for being rather conservative with their interpretations of when the level that marks 'good times' is passed, especially when it comes to pay rises, bonuses and other incentives, but you could look to Jet2's own rhetoric (there's plenty of it - after all, they are one of the more gob****ey airlines out there) to see what they determine to be 'success', and then beat them with their own stick when the figures are back in that ballpark but the perks still aren't forthcoming.

TSR2
15th Apr 2009, 18:45
Posted by MUFC fan
but their standard of service is still top class

A very very long way from my experience on both my last two flights.

BYALPHAINDIA
15th Apr 2009, 18:50
So life is 'Not So Jolly' in Jet 2?

Also to add to what was said above, The 757's won't last forever?

But the management seem to think so?

Now that LS are taking them across the pond & to Egypt.

The management PM & whoever probably think they can never lose with their crew & staff, But if the current staff are so badly paid etc who is going to 'REPLACE' them if or when they may leave?

Nobody in their right mind is going to work for 200.00 pounds a week or whatever as cabin crew upto 13 hours a day etc.

I can see all these small problems with crew & aircraft serviceability (757's) backfiring on the management within the next year and turning into big problems?

Don't forget Jet 2 are nothing new, Nothing we haven't seen before and their fortunes may not last forever?

Once morale starts going downhill, Then de-motivation follows with low productivity.

It's seems the Jet 2 management/board are now also being revealed as probable *****houses??

Jet 2 may have the money, But let's be right it's not good when you have no crews who want to work for you?

No different from any other company.

Envoy320
16th Apr 2009, 11:15
Jet2 may have a little bit of profit but that is oon wiped out in this current climate if anything were to go wrong....

Ie....major tech problems.....unhappy crew walking out.....potential strike action at unfair treatment.....

I hope they are not too complacent because airlines like Jet2 come and go year in/year out.....

They aren't exactly something special are they...?

They do a lot of charter work for operators such as Thomas Cook.....a job that would be quickly returned in house if anything were to further wrong with the UK economy.....

tonker
16th Apr 2009, 11:25
Jet2/Channel Express have been going for 31 years, to all those who see airlines like "this" go year in year out.

You make a profit or do well in the UK and all you get is knocked/your car scratched etc.

Envoy320
16th Apr 2009, 14:21
Jet2 has not been operating as an airline for 30 years......2001 I believe was their start date.

Channel express however....i agree...many years of operation.

The difference between freight ops and pax ops is the fact that you now employ substantially more employees.....more crew and all the people to administer the role....

Substantially more people then become annoyed at being mis-treated....

Those people higher up they take more than they give.....they are the ones that come and go year in year out.......

Just a thought.....

tonker
16th Apr 2009, 15:26
For gods sake, thats why i put "Jet2/Channel Express"!!!!!!!!

:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

Envoy320
16th Apr 2009, 15:37
:=well don't.....

jet2impress
16th Apr 2009, 19:56
TSR2...... What was wrong with the service on your flights?

TSR2
16th Apr 2009, 22:29
Its not so much the standard of service, more the general attitude of the Cabin Crew which I would describe as 'not very professional'.

Whilst I am perfectly willing to pm you with details of my experiences and observations with Jet2 to substantiate my feelings if you so wish, as they are my personal opinions I am a little reluctant to post what would be negative details on such an open forum for obvious reasons.

However, there is one point I would mention. Jet2 need to review their uniform replacement policy as a matter of urgency. The white blouses and shirts are now looking somewhat embarrassingly grey particularly when stood next to a new starter.

Envoy320
17th Apr 2009, 08:39
Are people not allowed to enjoy themselves at work any more....

I hate people who think thay are "regular" travellers and feel that cabin crew should be more "proffessional"

They are there to get you out in an emergency....anything else is a bonus....just lighten up and enjoy the trip:eek:

harrogate
17th Apr 2009, 11:22
It's different strokes for different folks I guess, but I can't say that I give a sh*t about the tone of the blouses and shirts worn by the cabin crews of any ailrine.

I suppose being prudent in these areas is actually quite responsible. Cheaper too. Regular uniform refreshes would probably be reflected in the fare price. Then you'd moan. Some more.

galaxy68
17th Apr 2009, 14:33
I believe that any successful company should be able to look after and reward their staff for their endeavours. Surely it is plain common sense that a happy and motivated crew will do a better job than one that is not. They will then be willing to go that extra mile, plus turnover of staff would be reduced thus making savings. Its supposed to be a safety concious industry, I'd rather fly or work with a contented crew than one that wasn't. So why do some managers not get it?

BYALPHAINDIA
17th Apr 2009, 14:48
Because They (Management) have probably never done the job themselves?

What does PM or ID now about flying a 757?

Or dealing with a bucket load of enrgized kids on a night flight to Ibiza?

I will give PM his 'Dew' thou he has kept LBIA going!

EGNMCharlie
17th Apr 2009, 20:59
Well 'PM' probably knows a lot more about flying a 757 than most people, as he was a pilot in the RAF for many years and five times British Aerobatic champion.

Everyone is slating the management, I’m sure they aren't cutting 'perks' just to spite staff, they are doing it because Jet2.com is a Low Cost/No Frills/Budget airline!! We are in the middle of a massive recession, just look at poorly managed companies i.e Zoom, XL .. just to mention a few. They are taking the necessary actions to keep the company alive. Its their jobs! If you wanted to be treated like Royalty then maybe you should try working for Ryanair instead!! :ugh:

B-727
17th Apr 2009, 21:35
Well 'PM' probably knows a lot more about flying a 757 than most people, as he was a pilot in the RAF for many years and five times British Aerobatic champion.

Yes those 757's are just like an aerobatic aeroplane...........:hmm:

PM wouldn't even have a clue how to start one as he's already told me on a flight once but you clearly know a lot more about him. He certainly didn't know much about 757 APU's until someone pointed out that they can't be switched off and on like a lightbulb!

Perhaps you should find out the reasons as to why he left the RAF in the first place :oh:

EGNM - I'm not knocking you for being a fan of Jet2 at all, but as always with PPRUNE, we don't need people who don't work for Jet2 (unless your an office womble) tell us how we ought to feel and behave.... thank you.

EGNMCharlie
18th Apr 2009, 13:17
I do work for Jet2.com actually, so I know exactly how to 'feel and behave' thank you very much.

I have also met 'PM' on several occasions and I was merely pointing out that he will know a lot more about how to fly an aircraft than some people on here.

It has already being pointed out if it wasn't for the cutting back of these so called 'perks' for staff - that the company may not be here today. We all know about how we have had to change how we work around some of the new working practices implemented by the management, its all good and well complaining about having to find a valid reason to carry a bit more fuel and that you can't take a two week holiday in July or August, but I can't help thinking that a people would be complaining more if Jet2.com had gone bankrupt. As I have said before, if you don't like it i'm sure Ryanair would look after you much better than Jet2.com. Try it.

B-727
18th Apr 2009, 13:54
if you don't like it i'm sure Ryanair would look after you much better than Jet2.com. Try it.

Ah, a mature and well contrived answer, you must work in HR!

You maybe interested to hear that BALPA is now targeting FYR and I hope for the staff that they get full recognition.

If Jet2 are planning to carry out travel and charter operations then they must be prepared to change the company culture. It has already been done from Freight to Low Cost so one would imagine that it would be easier. However, jetting off half way around the world with very little experience in flight crews, engineering and support is not a joke and if not done properly could end up very messy and costly.

On another note our Annual Salary Review letters came to day with no real surprises. I'm not at all bothered and would of been very shocked had we all had a rise. I don't think any of the staff were expecting, nor demanding one, just less attacks on our already poor T & C's............

On a happier note, Mr M expects the economy to pick up 'in the not so distant future' and he does have rather good financial intuition.

karlee alpha
18th Apr 2009, 18:25
B-727 get in the real world!, we are in a recession and in a very unstable business at the moment. If cut backs mean we stay in a job than so be it, much better to have an income than join the millions on the dole. If you are not happy go and work in a factory or something and see what life is about outside your little comfort zone!:ugh:

Beavis and Butthead
18th Apr 2009, 21:22
Cutting back in the hard times is fine as long as there are similar rewards in the good times. It should work both ways but it rarely does. :hmm:

B-727
20th Apr 2009, 11:21
B-727 get in the real world!, we are in a recession and in a very unstable business at the moment.

K A:

Sorry, did I say that we weren't..................... :confused:

I can assure you that my shares, pension and house value, friends and family all losing jobs at the moment have given me a few clues that we might be :rolleyes:

Ahh, there's always a PPRuNe member from Yorkshire ready to defend any slightly negative comment about Jet2. I'd like to point out that I think the airline itself and its staff are pretty excelent. It's the links in the chain and the crazy decisions in the last year or so that I and many of my colleagues have issue with.

BYALPHAINDIA
20th Apr 2009, 18:07
I agree with what 727 is saying,

And just because there is a recession, It doesn't mean hard loyal working crew people have to WORK FOR NOTHING just because JET 2 want to make even MORE money?

Is EVERYONE in a recession = NO.

I think the current conditions will only make PM & Jet 2 motivated to make even MORE money!!

Wake up & Listen,

I once used to know a Jewish businessman from Leeds, Which is a large community of Jewish people, He used to come to my antiques stall, And he would say regular - 'Oh business is not good '- Yeah right - He lived in Adel (Millionaire's Patch) and drove a top of the range Merc!!

Don't forget the 'Vast Majority' of people who are in this recession are in it because of their own making, Living in expensive houses, Expensive cars, Credit cards (Never had one & won't have one), Borrowed money over and over again from the GREEDY banks - Where does it end with them?

Robbing Peter To Pay Paul, Money going out as fast as it is coming in.

I know people who have done this, And now they are digging a hole!!

So, really Jet 2 are using this as an excuse to 'Chop' the commision and other perks of the job, A kind of 'Smokescreen' to the crew (Scare tactic) to make them feel that they have a job & won't find another one.

PM will obviously put the shareholders before the staff.

The media are just painting a 'Black Picture' of britain, and at the same time filling our heads with S*it as they do every day!!

What is the obvious is not always the apparent?

Facelookbovvered
21st Apr 2009, 07:30
Confidence or the lack of it is the problem

The slide in the pound has made Europe much more expensive to visit, some will travel further a lot will stay at home or travel to Europe less. Many of our regular travellers have in the past flown to Europe 3 or more times in a year, these are normal working class types not the rich & famous, if they cut one trip a year out then volume will fall by a thrid and over time airlines have to trim capacity to match, which mean aircraft and crews unless they can grow new volume by flying further a field as Jet2 have done, but it cost more and puts more hours on the old girls.

It is the job of banks to lend and it was the shortage of new housing plus massive demand from the buy to let market and the large influx of overseas workers that drove demand and prices to level that meant new ways of financing house purchases became the norm. Interest only 125% L/E and the rest. The only saving grace at the minute is very low interest rates which mean people on interest only are paying next to nothing (if they have a tracker) but it wont and can't last our borrowing is now so large that within a few years we will probably be back up to base rates over 5% to control inflation.

Tomorrows budget will make grim reading, but most of the pain will be left until after the next general election and who ever wins that will be handed a poison chalice.

My advice, take the profit on your Jet2 shares and pay down your debts, one is going to go down and the other is going to go up! i'll leave it for you to figure which is which, time to take a CFM to Spain (one way)!!:sad:

simonchowder
21st Apr 2009, 07:57
Ive flown jet 2 only once this year have to say i was very unimpresed, the crew were at best surly, the seat i was in was held together with gaffer tape (as was the tray table which couldnt be used )the cabin generally was in a tatty state, this may have been a one off but if i were running jet 2 id be loking at the likes of monarch as how to do it , friendly professional crew, well presented cabin and aircraft that look like there looked after by people who know what there about, sure way to cock up a good business, demotivate your vital resources :confused:

bobleeds
21st Apr 2009, 11:22
Simonchowder,

Not at all like my most recent flights with Jet2 to Lanzarote I was on 757 aircraft, and both directions I thought the aircraft were in better internal condition than many BA and Britannia aircraft I've travelled on. What's more the crew were very friendly on each flight. But I suppose anyone can get them on a bad day.

simonchowder
21st Apr 2009, 11:36
Very true ,however my biggest gripe was the state of the cabin it was awfull and begs the question if the cabins held together with tape whats the rest of the aircraft like? i appeciate these aircraft are "old bangers" but surely a bit of time and effort could go into cabin presentation, after all its the only bit the punter sees so it matters imo.

AJ07
21st Apr 2009, 12:14
Alphaindia - what is the relevance of the businessman's religion to your story??

Your latent racism and/or stereotyping raising its ugly head!??

paully
21st Apr 2009, 14:35
Oh God, yawn yawn......:rolleyes:

Envoy320
21st Apr 2009, 14:41
Why did you even decide to mention that completely irrelevant point....

Idf the man was jewish...the man was jewish.....it doesnt make it racist....

Stop being pathetic and petty and get on with ya life for goodnes sake...:ugh:

Facelookbovvered
21st Apr 2009, 16:09
As for Monarch the last flight i had with them a few months back had the most poo face cabin crew i have come across in a long time, there was not eye contact no smiles just a blank look

Most the Jet2 crew are Okay, but like anywhere else you get the odd one or two with (bad) attitude, mind you they had a rough deal at the hands of PM this last year.

Speed tape rules, read the book `Bondage and a thousand things you can do with Duc Tape'

The Face:8

simonchowder
21st Apr 2009, 16:19
poo faced cabin crew at a pinch i can live with but having to eat my meal off my lap because the seat in front was falling to bits and taped up and a recline that didnt lock vertically so i had to move to a vacant crew seat for landing is pushing it a bit, oh and no IFE either , fred karnos airline im afraid, not a patch on monarch

Facelookbovvered
21st Apr 2009, 21:45
Fair play fella, the food on Monarch was fine(better than the over priced crap we serve) LoCo have to make the savings somewhere and cabin refurbs is well down the list of priority, safety is of course regulated in, but C checks are a case of the legal minimum rather than the much more expensive approach of if it worn replace it as opposed to if its worn but in limits leave it! i have seen tyre and brake unit changes with less than 6 cycles after a C check!!

I went on a charter flight to the Italian Lakes a couple of years back and on the return at Verona a bmi 321 was our flight, i was first up the rear stairs and it looked like something out of a starship enterprise movie with condensing cool air flowing from the overhead vent meeting the warm humid air, soft lighting and mode music gave it that wow factor

These days i can't run the APU with out a note from the boss and its got to Betty Swallocks hot, music nope we'd have performing rights to pay, still you get what you pay for at £29.99 or nearer £90 with a case and taxes.

But this is what the UK is becoming, never mind the quality feel the price, i just some one would set up an airline that promised to be the best not cheap with clean well dressed and English speaking crew, who when asked what wine do you have on board? can answer other than Red or White, where the floor is not covered in crumbs and half eaten cheese biscuits and the toilets don't smell like the ones in the Old Ball on a Friday night

Simonchowder, ur right Duc Tape isn't an acceptable fix in the cabin, but until punters vote with their feet, i guess nothing will change:*

Good night the Face

jetglo
21st Apr 2009, 21:56
We did have one: it was called Silverjet; we do have most of those desirable features with Palmair!

jet2impress
22nd Apr 2009, 12:25
There is a large cabin refurb program being carried out on both the 737 and 757 fleet at the moment. So the problem is being rectified. Brand new seating is also being installed on the 757's (except 1 aircraft which will keep its current fit, that still has fairly new recaro seats installed from its previous airline.)

Bit unusual that you were moved to a crew seat. This is not permitted at Jet2. Was the flight 100% full? This is quite a rare event, as when booked full, you always get a handful of no shows, and as there is no over booking policy, the flight will depart with empty seats.

Envoy320
22nd Apr 2009, 12:55
moving to a crew seat is permitted on any airline if there is a safety issue post take-off...

757 Speedbrakes
22nd Apr 2009, 13:31
There is a large cabin refurb program being carried out on both the 737 and 757 fleet at the moment.

Have these started yet then and do you know on which aircraft??

Bam Thwok
22nd Apr 2009, 15:40
There is a large cabin refurb program being carried out on both the 737 and 757 fleet at the moment.

Ah....that explains the whitewashing of the interior panels with "Tipp-Ex" and the removal of the window blinds on the 73's then !!

jet2impress
22nd Apr 2009, 19:01
Yes... the window blinds have been removed and the interior panels have been brightened up! I thought 'Tipp-Ex white' looked nice and bright. Would sky blue, yellow or some floral wall paper be better for you?

deliveredenergy
23rd Apr 2009, 17:21
Hi,
Anyone know what's happening with LS368 currently sat at Pisa? Any quick info appreciated.

flybar
23rd Apr 2009, 17:35
Now showing at Pisa as 'Closed' and departing any minute now.

freightdoggy dog
23rd Apr 2009, 18:52
Circle flight. 2 flights combined LBA-VCE-PSA-LBA.

Chille Con Carnie
23rd Apr 2009, 19:43
How,s it all going fdd,
hope all is well

smudgethecat
24th Apr 2009, 09:27
Was up at MAN yesterday hell of a lot of jet 2 aircraft parked up on remote stands, are things that bad?

flybar
24th Apr 2009, 15:44
Full Manchester summer programme not yet started.

freightdoggy dog
25th Apr 2009, 12:42
Ccc..a lot better than the F.engs at DHL !

BOHEuropean
25th Apr 2009, 15:26
Could anyone please tell me the configurations of the aircraft in the fleet?

Many thanks!

jet2impress
25th Apr 2009, 22:43
Most of the 737's have 148Y seats, G-CELR has 142Y, and G-CELP has 124Y. LP has a variable seat/class concept, I believe it can be changed to accommodate up to 80C class seats. The 757's all vary between 228Y and 238Y seats. This is due to change shortly with the introduction of a 34" seat pitch for the first 9 rows of the cabin.

belfastmark
26th Apr 2009, 11:07
I was checking flights from BFS to TFS, was going fine until I selected to take a bag, it was something rediclous like £38.00 thats day light robbery!!! Thats even more expensive than Ryanair, and over £20.00 dearer than Easyjet. What a rip off. I'll be booking with Aer Lingus.

blueplatinum
26th Apr 2009, 15:27
I got speaking to a travel agent over lunch today who is here on holiday. She said Jet2.com are about to reinstate (unspecified) routes from the UK to LPA. Does anyone here know if this is true? Thanks.

MUFC_fan
26th Apr 2009, 15:29
Would be to MAN and LBA for certain if they were to return

blueplatinum
26th Apr 2009, 17:45
I am asking about flights to LPA

MUFC_fan
26th Apr 2009, 17:56
Yes. They would fly FROM Manchester, UK and Leeds/Bradford, UK TO Las Palmas.:confused:

blueplatinum
27th Apr 2009, 06:23
Oh yes. Sorry I was being a bit thick last night. Does anyone know if this is happening or is just speculation?

Beeflightyear
30th Apr 2009, 21:56
Hi,

Long time lurker, 2nd time poster.

Could somebody shed some light on as to when Xmas flights specifically to either Murcia or Alicante are coming out. I have tried emailing Jet2 but have had no reply as of yet.

It would be nice if they were coming out in the not too distant future, I really don't want to book with anyone else, but at the moment I can go from Manchester with BMI Baby for £125 for the dates I require. I don't think that is too bad a price and may be tempted to book them this weekend.

Thanks in advance

1st May 2009, 19:25
Think if Bmibaby ever went up on offer Jet2 would take them on?

I know its pretty out of the blue but you never know, sure Jet2 could do it they wanted.

EGNMCharlie
1st May 2009, 21:35
I think its the other way around actually I think bmi baby's aircraft are mainly mid 1990's frames but Jet2's start from 1986 to around 1990 so could be an investment for Jet2!

Mr A Tis
1st May 2009, 23:01
As far as I know, the average age of the Baby 73s are just over 13 years.
On the other hand, the average age of Jet 2 73s is just over 21 years....so not sure what point you are making though :confused:

757 Speedbrakes
1st May 2009, 23:34
I think its the other way around actually I think bmi baby's aircraft are mainly mid 1990's frames but Jet2's start from 1986 to around 1990 so could be an investment for Jet2!

I know most of us are pilots on here so we're not known for our great business minds but come on. Why the hell would anyone think it's a good investment for the Dart Group?? :confused:

Baby's aircraft are leased (I belive) so where is the gain in assets?
They are unionised so why on earth would PM risk all the extra costs of agreeing extra Terms and Conditions that would have to be passed on to Jet2 crews?
Why is buying a failing business, if indeed it is failing, a good idea?
Although there is an argument that Dart Group has always survived by making bold moves when everyone else is cutting back but isn't aquring baby 'a bridge too far'?
If your growing and changing a business into a charter / holiday one, why buy a low cost one that operates from bases with fellow competitors?
I won't go on, as I'm sure i've started enough for debate and a good drumming by fellow PPRuNer's!! :ouch:

BAe 146-100
3rd May 2009, 12:55
What is doing Manchester-Murcia this summer, it is currently on a 737 but I thought this was a 757 route from May onwards?

cornishsimon
4th May 2009, 00:37
anyone know how well jet2 nqy routes are selling?

Facelookbovvered
4th May 2009, 07:16
Having flown baby's boeing's prior to Jet2 i can confirm that the baby fleet is around 8-9 years younger than Jet2's, having said that they are leased and it a bit like a chav council estate where no money is spent.

There is nothing other than the brand, which very strong in the Midland, where Jet2 is all but unkown, to buy as every thing else is leased. The T&C's are much higher and probably worth another 10k a year, but if you want to live in North Leeds there's only Jet2 anyway!!

PM should save his brass for the fight to come with Ryanair that is bound to come to Leeds this year or next, we have become very expensive out of Leeds because there is no one else to compete with!! lol:suspect:

lbalad
8th May 2009, 21:02
I won 2 flights for me and a friend.We requested flights from Leeds to Sharm el Sheikh on 3 different dates and got our first choice for feb next year.Keep on trying!.

We paid over £280 each to go this feb,so its a big saving.

BABDUCK
11th May 2009, 19:09
Ex Cargo Clown,

Thank you so much for your useful post & wishing myself, my partner, my friends and my colleagues out of work.
I trust you have never been in this position, as you wouldn't wish this on anyone.

I think it only fair that the following is also posted on here:

Jet2.com's statement
"Firstly, Jet2.com would like to make an unreserved apology to Mr. and Mrs. O'Brien. It was never our intention that they should personally settle these costs as we believed they should have been covered by their insurance.

"We do appreciate the distress that this situation has caused them and we have taken the decision to cover the O'Briens' costs ourselves. We have reviewed our policy in this regard to ensure that all similar expenses are covered by us now and in the future."

757flyer
11th May 2009, 19:26
Another Great Deal Friendlier blunder through blind cost cutting!

when are the managers of this airline going to realise that they are pi$$ing off thier customers and key staff with thier penny pinching stupidity.

Come on PM wake up and smell the coffee! Get the damn managers (in particular that CF woman) to justify the cost savings properly! Not short term robbing of T and C and the attempt to fleece passengers insurance companies with long term disasterous results! :ugh:

retrosgone
11th May 2009, 21:46
Dear EX Cargo Clown,

Perhaps you would have the courtesy to PM me - explaining why I, with over two decades of dedicated service to my country, along with all my highly professional, good natured, well-intentioned and hard-working colleagues are "absolute scum".

Jet2 isn't perfect, but it is a perfectly OK place to work when compared to the rest of the industry. Comments like yours are unnecessary, unhelpful and hurtful to real people - not the faceless functionaries of your immature imagination.

flybar
12th May 2009, 07:56
"Firstly, Jet2.com would like to make an unreserved apology to Mr. and Mrs. O'Brien. It was never our intention that they should personally settle these costs as we believed they should have been covered by their insurance.

The hub of the problem is an Insurance Company which has refused to pay a legitimate invoice. Jet2 are getting all the adverse comment not the Insurance Company, but, I guess we are used to hearing about insurance companies who won't pay!!

TSR2
12th May 2009, 09:01
Posted by flybar
The hub of the problem is an Insurance Company which has refused to pay a legitimate invoice.

Perhaps the problem was that the incident was not covered by the insurance policy.

It seems to me that Jet2 have acted hastily without knowledge of the full facts and perhaps deserve the adverse publicity.

pwalhx
12th May 2009, 12:06
Perhaps they did act hastily and are deservedly being criticised for that.

What is not warranted is the kind of vitriol posted by Ex Cargo Clown.

757flyer
12th May 2009, 12:26
see ex cargo clown (apt name!) has removed his post or the mods have removed it for him.

BigBossMonkey
18th May 2009, 18:25
Does anyone know why the winter flights to amsterdam from Leeds Bradford are not on the website, have they dropped the route or something

Johnny F@rt Pants
19th May 2009, 08:16
You're too early, they'll be there soon enough I'm sure.

IB4138
19th May 2009, 09:00
Jet2 are in for a summer of discontent unless they do something regarding their scheduled flight times from the UK to Murcia, which are due to arrive whilst the airport is normally not available to civilian traffic.

Yesterday's MAN flight was delayed for just that reason, with a knock on effect for the LS809 MAN-AGP flight, which the same aircraft operates.

Jet2 handed out letters to all AGP passengers at check-in, blaiming: changes in "airport operating times on an earlier flight"; "every effort has been made to achieve an alternative outcome"; "the situation was outside of our control": "your flight will be delayed for 2 hours 20 minutes". "We hope you will appreciate our position".

The answer to the last statement has to be a resounding "NO".

Jet2 have enough metal parked up at the moment to have made an alternative aircraft available. They knew well in advance of the AGP departure, that there was a problem, as they have known about the operating hours for civilian flights at Murcia before scheduling these flights.

It is not only flights from MAN that are affected. Todays flight from LBA is similarly delayed. BFS and BLK both have flights scheduled this summer to arrive at Murcia during the closed period.

The situation appears not to be outside of JET2's control.

merlinxx
19th May 2009, 12:28
Tis time for Mr I.D. to teach his Route Planning & Scheduling folks a few basic lessons:ugh:

al446
19th May 2009, 13:48
I doubt that they would drop the route, it is a staple.

IB4138
20th May 2009, 06:42
Today is no different.

LBA Departures:
LS207 MURCIA/SAN JAVIER 0735 delayed est dep 11:05

:ugh:

trebor
20th May 2009, 09:46
Obviously it is outside of their control if you were told the 2nd runway would be open and is now delayed !!

During summer months when the military is on holiday the airport opens all day so wont affect blk or bfs !!

Some morning flights have operated into mjv as i have seen them snd this depends on military activity !!:ugh:

IB4138
20th May 2009, 12:45
The new runway has been expected for several years now.

The latest word was that the new runway would be open for the peak summer season......May is not peak season.

Someone at Jet2 has taken a gamble on the new runway being open, which has simply not worked. No other airline Spanish or foreign appears to have taken this risk.

Tomorrow Jet2 has flights from EDB and MAN for the morning period. :rolleyes:

righthandrule
20th May 2009, 13:18
Jet2 will have discussed with Murcia Airport months in advance when they can operate, as after all Jet2 are not going to fly whenever they want with Murcia Airport having no clue when. Murcia must have given Jet2 the go ahead to schedule these flights and clearly there has been an issue, its not Jet2's fault so why make a big deal out of such a non event.

You seem to be implying that Jet2 are doing this deliberately, by your previous posts you also seem to think that Jet2 have it in for you, which im sorry but that’s a load of tosh. There are more important things in life than a delay of a few hours to a flight.

What other option do Jet2 have?! Do you want them to completely disrupt their schedule, which was finalised months ago, and just pluck an aircraft out of nowhere (In full summer there will be no aircraft sitting around at all!) to operate a flight to Murcia that suits you? You have to bear in mind that these flights have been planned for nearly a year and Jet2 are not going to deliberately disrupt their passenger’s plans and their own schedule intentionally. I can tell you now as someone who works for Jet2 and deals with these sitations face to face with passengers, the only option is to delay the flight and apologise.

If it’s such a big deal to you, why not fly with someone else instead of banging on about non events which not many people care about! :ugh:

IB4138
20th May 2009, 13:51
I don't fly to Murcia, righthandrule.

Jet2 stand out with their delayed morning flights there, which have knock on effects to other flights to other destinations later in the day.

If you work for Jet2, is your attitude to delayed passengers typical?

The facts speak for themselves. In the last three days, three delayed Jet2 morning flights of in excess of 2 hours each to MJV.

As I say, no other airline, Spanish, British or other, has had flights scheduled to arrive at MJV before 15.00 in the last three days or for tomorrow. They obviously got the information on available hours correct.

Someone at Jet2 scheduling has got things wrong. Jet2's error, not out of their control. It needs sorting now. well before peak season, when as you say there will be no spare capacity.

Lets see what tomorrow mornings MJV flights bring.

TartinTon
20th May 2009, 17:13
trebor and righthandrule, this is the situation at MJV.
There are 3 windows of use to civilian a/c in the morning during the week
0710z to 0730z
0925z to 0945z
1140z to 1200z
The decision to enable use of these windows is at the discretion of the A/P Commander on the day and AENA MAD do not co-ordinate any movements, as far as they are concerned the place is shut.

Now my opinion is that with that level of risk it is completely irresponsible and pretty bloody arrogant of Jet2 to publish a schedule assuming that the airport commander at a military airfield will happily allow them in just because they have decided to take the risk. Looking at what has happened over the pat few weeks they have screwed up pretty badly.
All other carriers operating into MJV schedule a slot 2 operation because they know that the airport is definitely open at that time (apart from weekends when the airport is open in the morning as well).

It just shows contempt for their pax. They could easily swap the AGP flight into the morning and operate the MJV as the afternoon flight.

Perhaps Monarch are kicking their butt and they are desperately trying to gain an advantage?

If so they have misjudged the situation and screwed up big time. :=:=:=

Rampmole
20th May 2009, 18:25
On the plus side if you do manage to get stuck in MJV for a few hrs at least you can watch the spanish version of the red arrows do their tricks and loop de loops right above the runway to kill some of the time.

trebor
20th May 2009, 18:47
Correct me if im wrong however during July and August the airport is open all day. Possibly for June as well.

The go ahead was given to schedule flights in possibly by AENA and then over ruled by the military. I heard that the fuel station had to be moved from where they had put it.

As Jet2 have been flying into mjv for the past 5 -6 years I dont think they would change their programme unless they were told it would be open.:ugh:

righthandrule
20th May 2009, 19:22
Fair enough, obviously Jet2 have taken a risk but I am still under the belief that its not entirely their fault as they have been given permission to fly the flights in question. Murcia is one of Jet2's most important routes, they have been flying there since the start of Jet2's operations so i'm pretty sure Jet2 will have a fair idea of whats gone wrong be it their own fault or AENA's. I guess the information passed on from Jet2 to its staff is not true then. :rolleyes:

They could easily swap the AGP flight into the morning and operate the MJV as the afternoon flight.

That would be an ideal situation, but I would imagine that up until recently Jet2 were under the impression that the flights to Murcia would be operating with no problems. So yes swapping the flight months ago would have been a realistic option but doing it at the last minute is going to really screw up a lot of peoples plans.

If you work for Jet2, is your attitude to delayed passengers typical?

My attitude to delayed passengers is as follows. I would much prefer for Jet2 to delay a flight and inconvenience ~ 200 Murcia passengers rather than re-schedule the Malaga flight at the last minute, meaning that both the AGP and MJV flights have severe disruptions. Hence why I said the only option for Jet2 is to delay the Murcia flight. Yes okay the Murcia passengers will not be happier but for us staff who have to deal with these situations this is far the best option. Imagine the chaos if Jet2 decided to swap the AGP and MJV flight at the last minute as has been suggested, you have around 400 outbound passengers and potentially 400 inbound passengers who are 1) Rather annoyed, 2) Need to change drop off arrangements at the airport i.e. taxi's, car parking, train tickets etc, 3) Need to change arrival arragnements. The list is endless of how much minor documentation and staff briefing has to go on.

So my view on delayed passengers is that yes, its by far a pretty crap situation (Wether it be Jet2's fault or AENA's fault etc) but as an Airline we do try to do out best to make it easier for the passengers, and I do take the view that its better to delay and apologise for the situation rather then screw 800 people's travel arrangements up at the last minute.

TartinTon
20th May 2009, 21:24
trebor, I'm happy to correct you. MJV is open from mid-July until early Sep for morning arrivals during the week. The three windows are as advised by the military to AENA but as fare as the head co-ordinator for AENA is concerned the airport is shut during the week until 1300z (from the mouth of the man himself)

Jet2 have decided to ignore this and try and be "clever".

The decision to operate under the restrictions I've highlighted would have been taken by Jet2 without the "go ahead" of AENA as they will only allocate slots as per the instructions they are given by MJV which is that the airport is shut (that's the opposite of open) during the week until 1300z.

This the reason that Jet2 pax are being inconvenienced.

righthandrule, you've completely missed the point. There was no chance that these flights could consistently run on time. The Jet2 management have shown contempt and arrogance by scheduling flights during windows where there is only a slim chance of operating. Your management are hardly likely to tell the staff "Sorry, we screwed up. Could you tell those passengers that you're going to have to deal with that we thought we were smarter than we actually are and as a consequence your flight will be delayed until the airport actually is open in mid-July. Oh, and the slot 2 pax...would you mind hanging around for 3-4 hours as a consequence?"

They could have avoided the whole thing by scheduling properly in the first place:ugh::ugh::ugh:

paully
21st May 2009, 18:15
Sounds like fly with somebody else to Murcia, preferably one who understands what `closed for business` means :ugh::ugh:

flybar
21st May 2009, 21:52
They could easily swap the AGP flight into the morning and operate the MJV as the afternoon flight.

I see that tomorrow, Friday, they have done just that!!

jasond4
21st May 2009, 22:22
see that tomorrow, Friday, they have done just that!!

There is 2 AGP flights tomorrow

the usual LS185 and from tomorrow LS265.

BYALPHAINDIA
22nd May 2009, 01:59
Met up with an Ex Channex 73 Capt last week.

Apparantley LS is not the most 'Favourite' company to work for at the moment?

He is still linked to current LS pilots & CC.

He has been told how 'Bad' the atmosphere is!!

Can see 'Major' problems this year?

They maybe busy and making money, But if the staff are unhappy then...

It could be 'Showtime'

flybar
22nd May 2009, 04:57
Quote:
see that tomorrow, Friday, they have done just that!!
There is 2 AGP flights tomorrow

the usual LS185 and from tomorrow LS265.

Talking about Manchester, as were the previous posters.

SCANDIC
22nd May 2009, 15:58
Those 757s are going tech nearly everday at Manchester i think that they are getting a bit long in the tooth, also does anyone know if they have any other plans for more aircraft.

flybar
22nd May 2009, 16:34
Those 757s are going tech nearly everday at Manchester i think that they are getting a bit long in the tooth, also does anyone know if they have any other plans for more aircraft.

All aircraft go tech!! Those 757s have spend some of the last fortnight covering for Monarch aircraft!!

benish
22nd May 2009, 18:18
Can i ask why you even care if the MJV flights are delayed each day? In what way does it have an affect on your life?!
Jet2 are still known for there on time schedule. They are among the best, and are one of the best budget airlines. They don't do much wrong!
I used to work at LBA and saw a lot of Jet2 aircraft go tech, but they had the issues resolved quickly and passengers were offered free drinks and what not, so were not too unhappy. In comparison, the based Thomas Cook plane was once running 14 hours behind schedule about 4 days later it was still 8 hours behind schedule and it finally made up its time when it has the sunday night "off" when it had no flight. Does a delay like that bother you? Jet2 even often helped out Thomas Cook with extra flights when it went tech, so there not the devil!

righthandrule
22nd May 2009, 20:58
Finally someone said what most of us are thinking! :ok:

IB4138
23rd May 2009, 06:32
benish and righthandrule

Jet 2 were guilty of a major cock-up on MJV flight scheduling this year, which they now appear to have taken the steps to rectify.

Past records count for nothing with passengers, who have been delayed on these and subsequent later flights on the same aircraft on the day, especially when Jet 2 have been seeking to blaim others for their mistake.

It should be over, if the correct steps have been taken.

Now Jet 2 have to rebuild the reputation that you say they held.

EGCN Doncaster
23rd May 2009, 17:00
Hello, does anybody know when summer 2010 is comming on sale and if there is going to be any new routes or something?

aidoair
27th May 2009, 15:26
Same thing happened to me, although going to Pisa. I twice requested the free flights to which the reply took over the maximum 21 days stated on the winners website. In the mean time I decided to book with Ryanair at a very good price and at slightly more reasonable flight times because the hotel prices were steadily increasing every other day. The day after booking guess what appeared in my inbox...

Unfortunately just leave the free winning flight as it does state clearly on the winners terms and conditinos that the free flight is unchnagable (unless paying any admin fees) and that they will not refund any unused flights already booked with Jet2.

I know they had thousands of winners... but i really don't see how it can take a month to see if there is availibility on a flight... a better system should be used if they ever do this competition again i think!

flybar
27th May 2009, 20:15
rang them up explaining this said to me nothing they can do because ive done online checkin for malaga allready so lose the money!!!!! wont even let me change malaga flight, HELP

No different to any other airline whether you check in, online, or at the airport. Once you have checked in there is no way you can get your money back.

aidoair
27th May 2009, 20:30
As far as i am aware, Jet2 along with most low fare airlines is a non re-fundable airline anyway, whether you have checked-in or not. The only reason they will give you a refund is if the flight is changed or cancelled by themselves.

lbalad
27th May 2009, 23:21
Maybe the answer is to request a flight outside peak times to avoid disappointment.The flights are valid until March next year.

I requested flights from LBA to SSH next feb and got them within 21 days,for the first date I chose.

Yeah I have to pay some ridiculous charge to take a suitcase and reserve a seat,but it still cheaper than paying for the flights in the first place!

aidoair
28th May 2009, 08:32
All of my requests were outside peak times and inbetween all the dates specified with Jet2. Hence why i was confirmed 27 days after submitting.

Great to see you got flights to SSH though. These must be the most expensive flights on the LS network so great saving even if you do have to pay for baggage etc.

seahawks
28th May 2009, 14:45
Returning to the Murcia thread. If you don't want a FIVE hour outbound and FOUR hour return delay on a long weekend trip choose a more reputable carrier.

I know I will.

flybar
28th May 2009, 17:05
Returning to the Murcia thread. If you don't want a FIVE hour outbound and FOUR hour return delay on a long weekend trip choose a more reputable carrier.

I know I will.

Reputation is sound. Doesn't appear to have been any problem with the MJV flights today.

wawkrk
28th May 2009, 21:28
The return flight tonight 30 mins early.

ls_jet2
28th May 2009, 21:28
If you don't want a FIVE hour outbound and FOUR hour return delay on a long weekend trip choose a more reputable carrier.

I know I will.

What a crock, every airline has it's delays unfortunately. Jet2 have had some probs this season so far, but it's coming together now. Jet2 have an excellent on time performence record:D.

SAM-EMA
28th May 2009, 22:51
Could anyone possibly tell me whether the LS MAN-IBZ on Mon 3rd Aug and Mon 10th Aug will be 733 or 752 operated?

Thanks in advance
SAM-EMA

dwshimoda
29th May 2009, 07:12
Could anyone possibly tell me whether the LS MAN-IBZ on Mon 3rd Aug and Mon 10th Aug will be 733 or 752 operated?

B757 on both occassions.

DW.

MUFC_fan
29th May 2009, 10:06
Shame your not flying with TOM - IFE onboard!:ok:

Envoy320
29th May 2009, 10:31
wow....a whole 2hrs to IBZ without IFE - whatever will SAM-EMA do???

will the world end maybe??

people sit in their cars longer without HAVING to watch some mindless crap on a tv screen.....

why do people panic so much about IFE and whether it is available or not....

maybe SAM-EMA is travelling with LS to avoid IFE...i would!!

Its a holiday....forget the tv!!

MUFC_fan
29th May 2009, 10:33
Hey, I wouldn't be bothered about the IFE on a 2 hour flight but I wouldn't say no! And the extra leg room on the 767 is much better than the LS 752!

Envoy320
29th May 2009, 10:42
agreed.....but how long will it be before they start to put the seats back in to take it to max capacity......£289 million loss in the last 6 months was it? or more...

MUFC_fan
29th May 2009, 10:46
Was that for the whole company of TUI, FCA or TOM or a mix?

Envoy320
29th May 2009, 11:34
tui is tui now is it not.... if tui falls....so does TOM....

i believe FCA no longer exists...

MUFC_fan
29th May 2009, 11:44
Last year it did.

If TUI made a loss of £289 then it doesn't mean TOM made a loss. I understand that if the parent company went under then so would TOM but if TOM is currently profitable, then I don't understand why they would tamper with TOM when it would be other areas of the business that would need tuning.

Just my thoughts! Enjoy IBZ!:ok:

Channex101
29th May 2009, 12:03
Sad little life if all your bothered about on a 2hr flight is a few episodes of the simpsons, will and grace or even some crappy movie
May i remind you, jet2 is a low cost airline.... IFE is one of the things you dont need on short flights, so MUFC if you want to watch your soaps then get yourself booked on TOM or whoever!
Jet2 may have a few delays but what airline dosnt, i remember flying FCA to SSH about 2 years ago with a nice 27hr delay and a tech 757 so what goes around comes around.

So lets stop with the jet2 bashing and if you want to promote TOM and FCA so much, sod off to their thread and big um up there!

BYALPHAINDIA
29th May 2009, 12:04
Mr Long = arm of the law.Lol!! has cut summer capacity 20%, Winter bookings have so far gone up by 10%.

Obviously Egypt is the fastest growing destination, Expect to see even more flights to SSH, HRG, LXR.

Sadly LBIA will probably never see a TOM base again!!

They had meetings at the same time LS arrived back in 2003/4, But the airport was going to charge TOM 15.00 per pax to handle.

The airport I am told charges LS 50p per pax to handle?

I don't think any carrier will attempt to park alongside 11 LS based aircraft every night?

MUFC_fan
29th May 2009, 12:21
Sorry Channex:} I saying nothing to do with Jet2, I was merely saying that TOM had IFE on that specific route on that day with extra leg room - no need to get your knickers in a twist!:ok:

757 Speedbrakes
29th May 2009, 12:40
MUFC fan actually does raise a good point regards to IFE - even if he supports the most hated football team in the world (sorry!) ;)

It's all very well saying Jet2 is a LCC but now they are selling package holidays and bumbling off to more exotic climbs outside of the EU then passengers will start to take more notice of things like IFE, food, seat pitch et al.

The removal of a row of seats on the 75 has helped a little. Jet2 used to carry Mezzo Movies, a kind of portable DVD player that allowed two passengers to share the one unit and wern't too badly priced to begin with and I belive were only available on the Canary Island routes.

However, the rental cost for the airline was quite high and they weren't marketed too well. Being jet2, the only answer was to keep increasing prices to such a point that it would have been cheaper to drive to block buster or go to the cinema than rent one in flight, hence no one wanted to watch them (except the flight deck) and they were discontinued :rolleyes:

MUFC_fan
29th May 2009, 12:52
As it is a 767 it is personal IFE with 33" legroom.

However, IFE is available on all charter flights (I don't know about ZB? Have been with their schedule services) and as LS creep into this market more and more they need to compete efficiently.

Going through their holiday website though, it does seem they have focussed more on price than quality...

aidoair
29th May 2009, 14:46
Today 13:52MUFC_fanAs it is a 767 it is personal IFE with 33" legroom.

However, IFE is available on all charter flights (I don't know about ZB? Have been with their schedule services) and as LS creep into this market more and more they need to compete efficiently.

Going through their holiday website though, it does seem they have focussed more on price than quality...

Actually i'm afraid as far as i am aware and since this monday flight has been operating since the begining of the season the aircraft is in the shorthaul Y328 config so no 33'' seat pitch.

Remember this year all the longhaul config ex TOM and ex FCA 767 aircraft are operating solely on longhaul flights except on a very select few shorthaul routes compared to last year...

Depending on the actual aircraft though you may get the seat back IFE but in shorthaul config (so 29-30" seat pitch), this is because the aircraft would have operated longhaul thomson plus flights last summer... Once again you may just get the standard overhead TVs.

Channex101
29th May 2009, 16:33
757speedbreaks....
The mezzo's were available on every route in the end, only problem was that someone has signed a contract for the lease of them and Mr Meeson wasnt happy when we found out how much, shame tho, they used to bump the c/c commission up a fair amount. They were a good deal, you used to flog them all on every flight just about!

If jet2 are going to be doing longer flights, such as the new SSH from NCL thats coming in the winter then yes maybe IFE wouldnt be a bad thing, ut personally if its not installed i wouldnt bother, those 757s need replacing anyway eventually... but if they are fitting winglets maybe they plan on holding on to them a little longer.

trebor
30th May 2009, 09:25
The extra legroom seats on Jet2´s 757´s are now 34" in the front cabin as far as im aware after the removal of a row of seats

Adola69
31st May 2009, 22:24
How fantastic Jet 2 aren't !

Arrived at Manchester Airport Jet 2 check-in hall at 0625 for an 08.00 flight departure, having already checked in on-line and had our seats allocated. All we had to do was just drop off ONE bag at the fast bag drop! This took One hour and six minutes to achieve:ugh: The ordinary check-in queue was moving faster than the one we were stuck in. On reaching the front end of the fast bag drop queue I was amazed to see the two desks being used suddenly go down to one desk, as the damsel behind the other one got up and left!! :zzz:

Finally the bag was dropped off and then it was to the Little Hiltler Society room that is passed off as security (But that's another story) On finally arriving close to the gate we were bellowed at by the boarding pass checkers that we were the last and to hurry up that we were holding up the flight:\
I told them that if they wanted passengers to turn up on time at the gate, then I suggest that in order to drop a bag off that in future it should take less than the time it took us today.
To cap it all once boarded, we were asked to move seats in order that a family could sit together ! Marvellous got switched from a window seat to an aisle. When I asked if I'd get a refund for switching from my pre-booked seat the answer was a "Probably not"
By that time my will to live had been exausted, so I just curled up and slept, and told myself over and over again, "Never ever again, - never ever again.:p

Forgive me if this has been stated in similar fashion in previous postings (I'll be very suprised if it hasn't), but without the trawling back through the 100 pages in this thread, I have no way of knowing.
Give me Monarch anyday.

LowFareFinder
1st Jun 2009, 07:51
I've just got one thing to say to you - GDF!

At Jet2, we are all a Great Deal Friendlier!

Just thank your lucky stars you are not old and infirm, as we would have charged you for making the aircraft wait by terrorizing you with letters and threats.

I'm up for employee of the month next month. :E

freightdoggy dog
1st Jun 2009, 14:31
Dont want you banging your head against the tray table Adola69, but we do a lot of subs for Monarch as well :}

flybar
1st Jun 2009, 18:12
Used 'bag drop' at LBA and AGP four times this month - AGP takes a minute longer because they swap your online document for a Boarding Card but maximum time taken 5 minutes.

At both airports Jet2 have their own checking in staff - can't speak for Manchester.

TheMaskedDispatcher
1st Jun 2009, 19:10
Ah online checkin, whatever next? . .. :ugh:
'Now lets see . .have you packed this bag yourself . .hmmm tick yes or no . .YES. Has anyone given you anything to take onboard . .tick yes or no . .umm NO, what seat would you like . 'ah yes i'll have that exit row . .extra cash? certainly . .have i got any disabilites that would legally prohibit me from sitting there? no absolutley not . . . . . now that i'm through the door i'd like a wheelchair please, i DEMAND to sit where i booked last nite over a bucket of cheap wine and if i can't then i damn well want my money back!! '

T-M-D

Ernest Lanc's
1st Jun 2009, 22:18
Give me Monarch anyday.

Take them an enjoy - I for one don't want them.

having already checked in on-line and had our seats allocated. All we had to do was just drop off ONE bag at the fast bag drop! This took One hour and six minutes to achieve
You have a point there - I got a bit of a shock at BLK when I had to queue for the fast bag drop on the Palma flight on the 24th, would not have took much longer to check in at the desk.

However on the return flight at Palma (or anywhere for that matter) - if you have checked in on line, you can go to security at (anytime), unlike waiting for the rush of checking in at the desk in a busy airport like Palma.

So better checking in online, long queues at the fast bag drop are not that common.

On the subject of IFE - Who needs the extra cost of it - I take a cheap portable DVD player, so who cares if Jet2 provide IFE or not - as far as I am concerned.

baps
2nd Jun 2009, 07:20
MUFC fan,

You say Tui made loss of 289million but that was expected as it was over the winter period. They made a profit of 391 million last year and with bookings better than last year at higher yields expect to see a good profit this year also.

MUFC_fan
2nd Jun 2009, 08:30
MUFC fan,

You say Tui made loss of 289million but that was expected as it was over the winter period. They made a profit of 391 million last year and with bookings better than last year at higher yields expect to see a good profit this year also.

Read past in the thread...it is not me you need to be telling that to...

BYALPHAINDIA
2nd Jun 2009, 09:04

True, But Winter 2008 was actually a busy & quite profitable period, With Egypt bookings boosting up the figures once again.

With the projected forecasts for Summer 09 being on a par with average bookings, Capacity has still been cut by 20%.

People are obviously booking very late or at the last minute due to the current economical mess!!

The phase-out has started on the 757's that started Ops in 1992 now, And a planned 9 aircraft will be leaving the fleet in the next 18 months or so.

Egypt bookings has helped all of the Tour Ops over the last year.

MUFC_fan
2nd Jun 2009, 09:12
Egypt is a massive success and it amazes me that they are only flying 757s out there. However, I am sure that they would increase their capacity to the 767 if they had the resources to do so.

MON are currently flying MAN-SSH on the A330.

The Euro is starting to rise once again and hopefully by next summer it will be back at it's 'normal' rate.

However, I don't think it has affected loads for the LCCs very much! Maybe just yields!

TSR2
2nd Jun 2009, 09:39
MON are currently flying MAN-SSH on the A330

And the 361 seat A300-600.

MUFC_fan
2nd Jun 2009, 09:43
It does show how well they are doing on these routes!

I'm guessing LS would LOVE to have a 767 on that route?:}

Any news on that by the way?

BYALPHAINDIA
2nd Jun 2009, 09:50
Egypt is a massive success and it amazes me that they are only flying 757s out there. However, I am sure that they would increase their capacity to the 767 if they had the resources to do so.

If you mean TOM, Some flights are on the 763 depending on the load.

Think LS are planning a 762/3 in the future?

757 Speedbrakes
2nd Jun 2009, 11:22
Think LS are planning a 762/3 in the future?

Oh god here we go again..........:ugh:

When I joined LS a few years ago I was told I was very fortunate to be joining the 75 fleet as at that time we were about to get 76's!!

That was way before any of the extra chinese 75's were purchased and still no 76. I'm sure the company have looked and may have come close to purchasing one if not a few. I've also heard that Jet2 could have capitalised on charters had they owned some.

However, until one comes rolling out of the paint shop in Southend or I start a 767 conversion in the sim, I think its best to leave this rumor alone - and stick to the 787 one!! :hmm:

silverhawk
2nd Jun 2009, 12:12
Well yesterday I did operate on the Jet2 777 and the day before on the Jet2 747.

No big deal really! Flew very much like a 737.

Jet2krazey
2nd Jun 2009, 12:45
PM was on my flight the other week, and we asked about future aircraft and PM said he is definatly looking for more 757s and 76s were planned for 2011, but he did say in the current climate aircraft prices are very favourable and if he got a deal he couldnt say no too it could be sooner! although maybe not flown on Jet2 routes more than likely wet leased out till we are ready for them. as for the 73s he said there is alot more life in them yet before they need to be replaced! :{

jethro15
2nd Jun 2009, 13:04
as for the 73s he said there is alot more life in them yet before they need to be replaced!

Did he mention anything about one a/c joining the fleet?

757 Speedbrakes
2nd Jun 2009, 13:28
Jet2Krazey:

If he said we're getting 767's then it'll be Airbus 330's............

If he said he'd like more 75's then the whole fleet will be replaced by 739's........

If he said they were planned for 2011 that means we're either getting them next month or not at all.........

If he said the 73's have loads of life in, then that means he really thinks they're old and nackered and will be changed asap.......

......... or did he really mean what he said ;) :ok:

righthandrule
2nd Jun 2009, 16:17
Hey he does keep his word! He said Jet2 would get 4 extra check in desks at LBA and hey they got them last week!! :D He said it was going to be a lovely day one day last week - guess what the sun came out!

However there won't be any new aircraft for yonks - PM was walking up and down at LBA a few morings ago admiring his red and silver beauties like they were brand new! :rolleyes: There is still life left in the old birds!

tonker
2nd Jun 2009, 17:40
We are not getting 767's, and the tech manuals have not already arrived in Manchester!:E

lbia2008
2nd Jun 2009, 20:40
they may have 4 more check in desks but not the 4 staff to man them!!

crewboi83
2nd Jun 2009, 22:06
Ah god not the 767 crap again!
There was a 767 SEP manual in the NCL crew room last summer left lying around, do you see any 767s online? no?
We heard all sorts, training captains off to seattle for training courses, engineers being trained up on the 767.... we even heard we had one parked up on maintenance in Shannon, and yet.... suprise suprise... NO 767!!!!
I would like to see Jet2 get them but for now, i think they need to concentrate on what they've got!
Also, just for my 2pence worth, when i joined the company the 733 was to be replaced with the Airbus family... need i say more?

aidoair
3rd Jun 2009, 16:55
. . . Well it is at least from Newquay.

A special shopping city trip charter from Newquay departing on the 19th November diect to New York has been planned using a Jet2 757. With this planned I can see there being an announcement for departures from LBA and perhaps even other regional airports, albeit most likely less frequency compared to last year.

TSR2
3rd Jun 2009, 17:26
New York is back!

If it is, I sincerly hope they get the pricing structure correct from the outset.

Remember last year, the lucky ones who booked first paid £579* whilst those who waited a while paid £259*.

* Basic flight cost including taxes.

airhumberside
4th Jun 2009, 13:45
Is this being organised by Jet 2 or are they simply operating the flight on behalf of a 3rd party?

bravoromeosierra
4th Jun 2009, 16:25
Oh behalf of a tour operator down here in Cornwall, Newells Travel I think.

luvly jubbly
5th Jun 2009, 16:46
Who operated the 767 for you? (I presume the cabin crew were LS though).

I don't think Jet2 have their own ETOPS approval, so am I right in thinking that the 767 used it's own approval, whilst any LS 757 charter across the pond would have to go non-ETOPS?

LJ

Jet2krazey
5th Jun 2009, 16:52
Jet2 dont have a 767? :confused: and they do have ETOPS approval for the 757!

757 Speedbrakes
5th Jun 2009, 16:52
Who operated the 767 for you?

Which 767?? :confused:

I don't think Jet2 have their own ETOPS approval

Jet2 have had 180 mins approval since last year, mostly thanks to the very hard work of a couple of individuals putting in many hours work!

LS operated 4 New York charters on a 757 - namely G-LSAB :ok:

luvly jubbly
5th Jun 2009, 16:56
Sorry guys, duff info (hence the question!)....

Was under the impression you sub-chartered one in for Noo Yoik........
Anyhoo. Cheers for the swift responses without too much flaming:ok:

LJ