PDA

View Full Version : Jet2 - 3

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18]

Ernest Lanc's
14th Jul 2011, 15:12
Sorry to correct you Earnie Lanc but Jet2's routes are from the South.......
I think you have got "routes" mixed up with what I said "roots" ;-

As for Jet2 their roots are in the North

As in Headquarters LEEDS.

(although the south downs on a sunny evening beats the pennines and peak district by a mile)
Yes the South is nice if talking Devon or Norfolk - But parts of London are almost uninhabitable.

Ernest Lanc's
14th Jul 2011, 15:18
May be Jet 2 should consider expanding their Blackpool operations to compete with Ryanair.

That may well be the case - Jet2 are aware they can get high load factors on certain routes from BLK, so maybe competing on some routes with LS from 50 odd miles away might makes some sense.

Interestingly IMO it was the FR pull out at MAN that thwarted LS expansion at BLK - Interesting to see now what will happen. now the opposite has occurred.

IB4138
14th Jul 2011, 15:30
Interestingly IMO it was the LS pull out at MAN that thwarted LS expansion at BLK

Que?

Been on the funny stuff again, Ernest ? :=

Now you are getting your FR's and LS's confused!

Ernest Lanc's
14th Jul 2011, 15:54
IB4138...
Thank you for your kind correction - I am in the middle of moving home for the second time in 6 months, so I think an (INITIAL) slip can be excused. The post has now been edited and corrected.

More importantly it was obvious what I meant and that point would have been better being addressed IMHO.

j636
24th Jul 2011, 21:10
Has the B737-800 (G-GDFC) re entered service after the engine fire on Thursday.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/07/23/article-0-0D20414000000578-885_634x400.jpg

Read more: Britons aboard terror flight as jet engine shoots flames 30ft in repeated explosions | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2017950/Britons-aboard-terror-flight-jet-engine-shoots-flames-30ft-repeated-explosions.html#ixzz1T3kuCbVR)

video also on link.

jet2impress
25th Jul 2011, 18:20
In response to the above..... No, it's still in Palma as we speak. Playing havoc with the schedule at the moment.

j636
25th Jul 2011, 18:27
According to BFS page it operated PMI - BFS and will do BFS - PMI soon. So it will probably go back to UK after it arrives in PMI at 23.00 tonight.

david1994
25th Jul 2011, 20:20
I can confirm that it did operate todays delayed BFS-PMI flight.

2Planks
27th Jul 2011, 08:46
To any Jet2 management (even if you are just lurking...:)): What is your response to the 2 quid drop off and pick up charge at LBA? Effectively all your fares have now gone up by GPB4 for me. OK I travel on my own and its not much in the big scheme of things if you are a family of 4, but as I am equidistant from DSA, HUY and LBA it may tip the balance.

jet2impress
27th Jul 2011, 09:44
For god sake..... just pay the £2 fee.... or stay at home!! :ugh:

JSCL
27th Jul 2011, 09:50
Precisely @jet2impress

Prepared to spend many a £ on the holiday, but not £2 for the convenience of dropping off at the door to support developing your local airport...

jet2impress
27th Jul 2011, 09:51
Exactly! I'm sure our economy would be in better shape if people stopped being such penny pinchers! :E

compton3bravo
27th Jul 2011, 15:20
Sorry Jet2Empress have to disagree about the charge. As an Ex Pat (Yorkshireman) now retired in Spain the UK is just a total rip-off - one pound here two pounds there - we don´t pay anything here in Spain for drop off charges and most parking is free expect of course in big cities and underground car parks near the beach - then it is not too expensive. Why don´t you in the UK just say NO we are not having it. That is the trouble - you just knuckle under. Two pounds might not seem a lot to some people but people struggling on the minimum wage it is a lot. Every time I go back to the UK - which fortunately is not too often nowadays - it makes me cringe what you put up with. Sorry rant over after a rather nice lunch at a beach bar - and we didn´t have to pay to park the car!

BigMac2
27th Jul 2011, 17:30
This discussion about the £2 drop off is really starting to annoy me. I agree, on the surface, it looks annoying and a rip off, but it is in line with other UK airports. Also the thing everyone seems to forget, is you get 1 hour free in long stay, so you can drop of there, and get the courtesy bus up to the terminal, which, drops you off slightly closer than the drop off.

ryansf
27th Jul 2011, 17:36
This discussion about the £2 drop off is really starting to annoy me. I agree, on the surface, it looks annoying and a rip off, but it is in line with other UK airports. Also the thing everyone seems to forget, is you get 1 hour free in long stay, so you can drop of there, and get the courtesy bus up to the terminal, which, drops you off slightly closer than the drop off.

What other airports have a drop-off charge? I have used Manchester, Doncaster, Liverpool and Heathrow within the past 6 months and none have a drop-off charge. I'm sure those four aren't exclusive in not charging.

jet2impress
27th Jul 2011, 18:01
Or maybe the airport has just thought..... oh, best work out how we are going to pay for those big steel/concrete posts the government insisted we have, incase some other lunatic tries to ram raid the terminal front. :=

wawkrk
27th Jul 2011, 18:50
It was my understanding that the drop off just fee just pushes LBA into profit.
Why do people not want companies to make a profit. It's a British trait I am afraid.People say nowt about millions beng ripped off by the EU but a 2 quid drop off fee, Jesus.

CabinCrewe
27th Jul 2011, 19:25
EDI certainly has a drop off charge, but only £1- they used a similar excuse that it was widespread in the industry

paully
27th Jul 2011, 20:04
The people defending the airport seem to have overlooked that the `pennypinchers` being dropped off, have actually made a rather larger contribution to the airport`s coffers. It`s called airport charges and taxes that were included in the price they paid for their ticket :rolleyes:

heading 125
27th Jul 2011, 20:18
Don't worry about the two pound extra, you Jet2 guys need to get down to Cardiff. Latest reports in the press are that the Welsh Assembly are going to reduce APD (Tax) to zero. A very hugh saving for a family of four:D

Facelookbovvered
27th Jul 2011, 20:39
Not sure the Welsh Assembly have the power to do that, great if they do because you can guess BRS would kick up a right Royal fuss and Ryanair would be in like a shot!! bring it on i say APD is like sealing your letter box up!!

CabinCrewe
27th Jul 2011, 22:12
Yip, and the Scottish government will be next... No wonder English airports are getting twitchy...

Jamie2k9
27th Jul 2011, 22:20
Don't forget NI. If all 3 do away with it how long will it take England.

2Planks
28th Jul 2011, 05:53
Jet2impress and JCSL - thanks for being so rude. You suggest I should support my local airport - why? - surely they as a commercial business they should be attracting me. I am not a charity. Lets face it LBA is old, tatty, congested and bedevilled with delays (especially during disembarkation) and this is just another straw on this camels back. As I pointed out I have the option of 'supporting' other local airports - from which Jet2 do not fly. If your salary depends on Jet2 (I suspect not) then perhaps you should listen to the people that pay your wages - the customers.

paully
28th Jul 2011, 12:01
Well said 2 planks...I agree..The airlines and the airports need to honestly charge the going rate ie upfront.Its the little add ons that are hard to avoid that get people riled. Its insidious and wrong.

freightdoggy dog
28th Jul 2011, 12:10
2 Planks...Its actually the Royal Mail and Fowler Welch that pays the employee wage bill in the winter ( due to the fuel escalator in these contracts) not the average J2 punters ticket price...Employees listening...yeah not to you though, but Eithiad, Emirates, B.A, Fly Dubai etc...their T&C's eroded to pay for your "cheap" ticket means there off mate :ok:

2Planks
28th Jul 2011, 14:44
Freightdoggydog - absolutley fine with your views - that's capitalism. I shop where I want you work where you want. But its not my cheap ticket that has eroded the T&Cs it is the Company's management that have chosen that business model. Sadly for most pilots airlines are no longer run by pilots for the benefit of pilots, MoL and Stelios (amongst others) have seen to that.

easyflyer83
28th Jul 2011, 15:37
I too hate the "I pay your wages" school of thought. Thats not what it says on my bank statement each and every month. If we are to think of it that way then a large proportion of the population pays each others salary. Hence, the saying loses it's point some what.

As for charging for extra's. I can see why it is annoying but ultimately it has been down to the consumer's thirst (some would say greediness) for low fares. Airlines are scared to include things in the fare as it unevens the playing field if competitors follow suit and contrary to what some may say on this forum, the airline would lose passengers attracted the lower headline fare offered by the compeition.

Many, mainly regional, airports are having a tough time of it too and are trying to recoup costs in unconventional ways due to the fact that the competition for business (i.e attracting airlines) is so strong. So I can understand why people resent paying to drop off people at LBA for their flight to Barcelona but then again you could argue that if it wasn't for the hit taken by LBA to attract airlines, BCN and numerous other direct services wouldn't be possible.

JSCL
29th Jul 2011, 14:39
Another Jet2 hiccup!

Majorca-bound Jet2 flight from Manchester turns back with 'technical problem' just after take-off | Manchester Evening News - menmedia.co.uk (http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1454092_majorca-bound-jet2-flight-from-manchester-turns-back-with-technical-problem-just-after-take-off)

LBIA
29th Jul 2011, 14:54
Oh dear, Them passengers wont be happy as there been bused over the M62. The LS831 MAN to PMI service is now operating out of LBA according to the latest flight information on jet2's website.

The returning LS832 PMI to MAN service will also be diverted into LBA later this evening. From where pax will be bused back to MAN.

simufly
29th Jul 2011, 21:43
Flight operated normally (very late I grant you) but it went MAN PMI MAN.

dwshimoda
29th Jul 2011, 22:23
Your information is duff. The flight left MAN at the rescheduled time and returned to MAN this evening. No bussing of PAX was necessary.

DW.

AircraftOperations
29th Jul 2011, 22:39
Just out of interest, does the company PA-31 fly crew/engineers/AOG around or is it used by senior management? Or a bit of both?

jet2impress
31st Jul 2011, 11:23
G-IFIT.... used for a bit of everything. Get's us out a tricky situations sometimes. :D

freightdoggy dog
31st Jul 2011, 12:00
Jeeez is G-IFIT still around..that bloody thing nearly killed me and a L188 crew in STN one New Years eve on a positioning flight to CGN....I'd rather walk :mad:

757 Speedbrakes
1st Aug 2011, 23:04
Last time I saw G-IFIT was up in NCL a few years back when it flew up the only crew available to operate a flight that was so badly delayed due to the snow, that 3 crews went out of hours to operate a TFS!!

Apprently it's having larger fuel tanks fitted and a sales cart, to cover the 737-8's that keep going tech!! :bored:

It should have a special PPRuNe thread of it's own!! :)

LPFR
1st Aug 2011, 23:39
One would think the 737-800 would be the most reliable aircrafts in the fleet right now, but no, how come they're going tech so often? Didn't they went through a number of checks before starting operating for Jet2 earlier this year?

First the engine fire a week ago and just today G-GDFC departed almost 4 hours delayed for the FNC service. I would guess for technical reasons again..:confused:

Concorde Lover
3rd Aug 2011, 17:41
Seen G-IFIT a lot recently inside hanger 1 of Multiflight, Good little aircraft, great for shuttling crews from base to base. Last time i saw it, it was having some work done to it's right engine.

nef
3rd Aug 2011, 19:36
As metioned elsewhere, Jet2 have announced GLA-FCO 3 weekly starting summer 2012.

However, GLA-Murcia seems to have dissappeared even though the route was only announced 2 or 3 months ago! Any ideas why?

Ernest Lanc's
3rd Aug 2011, 20:23
Another Jet2 hiccup!

This will no doubt be the a/c that was the reason that our LS flight returning from Tenerife had to hold a holding position circling MAN airport.
The captain informed us an a/c had technical problems and we had to give way to allow it priority to land.

TSR2
3rd Aug 2011, 21:06
If your flight was LS918 last night, I was watching FR24 when your aircraft, on a straight-in final approach to 05 at 6000ft and after passing Chester, turned north closely followed by a TCX B767. This allowed a TCX (or TOM) B757 aircraft approaching from the south to land before your aircraft and the TCX 767. Both your aircraft and the TCX 767 did two circuits in a hold over Wigan before returning to land on 05.

If you were told that you were giving way to an aircraft with a technical problem it certainly was not a Jet2 aircraft.

Hope you had a good holiday.

To confirm that the aircraft that took priority was the late running TCX2159 from Santorini.

freightdoggy dog
3rd Aug 2011, 21:10
CL I think you will find crews are normally shuttled around bases in the back of Peugeot Estates that have seen better days, by drivers that have also seen better days !!!

G-IFIT would only be pressed into crew shuttling, if FTL's meant a certain flight might be canx and therefore incur huge compo costs from aggrieved punters..

As for a great little aircraft...your welcome to a flight in it... in icing conditioms in the middle of the night surrounded by Engineers toolboxes and crates of Kolsch :cool:

dwshimoda
3rd Aug 2011, 22:19
Correct - absolutely nothing to do with the returning Jet2.com PMI.

DW.

Ernest Lanc's
4th Aug 2011, 00:08
TSR2.
Thank's I did have a good holiday.

To confirm my flight was LS918,,,We where 20 mins late leaving Tenerife and was expected to be late.

The captain said " We have made good time" and he expected to land approx 0025...

Then he said "despite best efforts we have to keep in holding position as an a/c with technical troubles took priority" - He went on to say " The runway would have to be inspected" and he expected a 15 to 20 min delay.
Which was not that far out.

sastley
4th Aug 2011, 18:35
Anybody know why todays LS223 to Tenerife returned to LBA. It departed at 17.08 (scheduled at 15.20) and returned at 18.56 after being in the hold for 20 minutes plus.
The flight appeared to turn round north of Anglesey. The aircraft was G-LSAB - B757.

JSCL
4th Aug 2011, 19:00
I'd have thought Jet2 average delay for last 30 days was what, 8hours? :)

Seem to be having a poor time recently.

sastley
4th Aug 2011, 20:08
Took off again from LBA at 21.05 same plane. G-LSAB.

freightdoggy dog
4th Aug 2011, 21:39
Must be those damn palm trees and beach parasols causing the disruption,,,I mean where are they when you need one in BFS,DUS or AMS :p....

The tech delays you see at the moment JSCL is pretty normal for an ancient classic fleet being spanked around the Med mid summer. Look on the bright side, at least it keeps the engineers in overtime :ok:

FFHKG
7th Aug 2011, 19:17
Jet2 seem to have some real problems today at LBA, a couple of delays in excess of four hours and one indefinite delay (AMS). What's the problems and any planned subs? Was thinking of booking a flight with them for September but with these sort of delays, am wondering if it's wise,

TSR2
7th Aug 2011, 19:40
Not too clever at MAN either.

Malaga 7 1/2 hours late
Palma 4+ hours late
Ibiza 4 1/2 hours late.

All these flights are B757's.

I don't think Jet2 will be climbing off bottom place in the punctuality stakes this year.

purplehelmet
7th Aug 2011, 19:43
Was thinking of booking a flight with them for September but with these sort of delays, am wondering if it's wise,[/QUOTE]
WHAT? are you serious???:ugh::ugh:
news flash fella! every airline(etc)in life has delays for what ever reason,im sure that what ever todays delay was, it will be sorted by september:rolleyes:, but just to be safe why not book with an alternative airline that never suffers from delays,and when you find one come back and let us know!

TSR2
7th Aug 2011, 19:51
every airline(etc)in life has delays for what ever reason

Absolutely, but some more so than others. If your chances of a delay is an important factor in the selection of a flight, then Jet2 do not fare well according to stats.

purplehelmet
7th Aug 2011, 20:15
Absolutely, but some more so than others. If your chances of a delay is an important factor in the selection of a flight, then Jet2 do not fare well according to stats.
oh please! we all know where this is heading, (eg,age of fleet,maintenance,blah,blah,etc,zzzz,)
we have this every year, the fact is its the hight of summer,the busiest time of the year, delays are inevitable with every airline, the op asked about booking flights in september, come on get real!:ugh:

JSCL
7th Aug 2011, 20:36
But Jt2 aircraft seem less utilised than many other airlines yet still find themselves having issues. Forget peaks and chances of delays, this is a poor effort.

purplehelmet
7th Aug 2011, 20:47
But Jt2 aircraft seem less utilised than many other airlines yet still find themselves having issues. Forget peaks and chances of delays, this is a poor effort.
on what evidence do you base this?

OltonPete
7th Aug 2011, 21:02
BHX resident, the Air Finland 757 has been used to recover the Leeds - Faro
service tonight after it covered for Transavia France earlier.

I counted 16 delays out of 38 flights on various sites where the delay
was more than 30 minutes of which 12 were more than an hour and
seven were 3-8 hours delayed.

You can't compare August with September but it has not been a good
few days for Jet2 but at least they are subbing in where possible. The
East Mids two also have a light day tomorrow which should help if any
problems are still around in the morning.

Pete

LPFR
7th Aug 2011, 22:14
The Air Finland 757 didn't really helped... It returned to LBA shortly after airborne and the flight to Faro is delayed until tomorrow. :ouch:

OltonPete
7th Aug 2011, 22:26
LPFR

Cheers, yes just played it back on flightradar24 and it appeared it only
got to about 5000 ft before returning and it didn't seem to hold either.

Talk about bad luck or what.

Pete

JonnyCH
7th Aug 2011, 22:36
The 757 that Jet2 were using came back on a full emergency, reported smoke in the cockpit.

waco
7th Aug 2011, 23:33
........the fleet is ancient................

Would not surprise me if Pontious was still a pilot with them.

Ancient Jets = lots of problems and delays.

You pay your money and you take your choices.....

Mr A Tis
8th Aug 2011, 07:33
I'm afraid you speak utter tosh.
BA, KLM, Lufthansa (and many more) are flogging around 747s in excess of 20 years old.
Delta operate many DC9s that are over 35 years old & American MD80s are 25+ years old.
Pontious cannot fly them all.
Ancient aircraft does not= lots of delays.
The Jet2 fleet are not excessively old, however, the Jet2 OTP should be better than it is.

Facelookbovvered
8th Aug 2011, 08:47
Older aircraft are more likely to have faults or problems than more modern aircraft, Jet2 in the low cost market have amongst the oldest and only bmibaby come close in terms of age of airframes, what I find surprising is that given the low utilisation of Jet2 fleet is the delays that they do get seem high compared with baby, it looks like the 757 are causing huge problems and of course if one goes tech you can hardly replace it with a 737, they have I understand an airbus subbed in for a couple of months to support the program, it also seems the 738 have had a few problems.

They do look after their customers and seldom cancel but if your going for a short break where a 4+ hour delay is going to eat into your weekend break, then put up with the FR abuse and book Ryanair

FR-
8th Aug 2011, 08:51
Well said facelook. . . . But not all of us abuse pax, only the better loooking ones ;)

757 Speedbrakes
8th Aug 2011, 13:25
Mr A Tis,

Just remember that all those airlines you mentioned have new aircraft on order.....

Don't think the climate is right yet for Jet2 to be replacing the 733's with 738's just yet but they will need to in the next few years....

Although I'm hoping the 757 will remain for a while longer!!

freightdoggy dog
8th Aug 2011, 13:59
Just in time to collect your bus pass eh 757 SpdBrks ? Just remember to wear your wellies when sailing !!

Mr A Tis
8th Aug 2011, 14:34
Monarch A300s are around 22yrs old, their 757s 24 years old-even the A320s are knocking on 18yrs.
The Baby 733s are 13-20 years old, so the Jet 2 733s at 19-25yrs old certainly aren't out of step. The 75s are only 14-24 yrs old - half the age of Delta DC9s- who as far as I know have not ordered anything new.

Yes they all need more TLC as they get older, but the Jet2 schedules are hardly pushing the boundaries- so I am surprised at their poor OTP. Are all the delays down to tech aircraft, or is there more to it than that?

EuroChallenger
8th Aug 2011, 19:12
Anyone know what the Leeds - Birmingham flights are for?

L1649
8th Aug 2011, 19:36
Empty positioning flight of the Air Finland 757.

j636
9th Aug 2011, 14:18
Malaga 7 1/2 hours late

This explains it:
Incident: jet2.com B752 near Manchester on Aug 7th 2011, hydraulic leak (http://avherald.com/h?article=4410703f&opt=0)

TSR2
9th Aug 2011, 19:00
Todays Malaga - Manchester flight is currently delayed 13 3/4 hours.

Now only 10 3/4 hour delay.

OltonPete
9th Aug 2011, 20:15
Incident: jet2.com B733 at Manchester on Aug 9th 2011, flaps problem (http://avherald.com/h?article=4410a5ab&opt=0)

Not the one you are on about TSR2 but I thought I would throw this one in
as well but is dated today, inbound from Nice not Malaga.

AV Herald is getting well populated with Jet2 at the moment!!!

The Malaga at a guess is a 738 per the play-back on the outbound flight LS809 flightradar24 (from this morning) and I assume it got as far as Malaga as it was showing to about 5000ft.

Pete

The 738 LS810 left Malaga about 21.45 (UK Time) after about a 12 hour stay.

ciampino
22nd Aug 2011, 15:47
What a load of Bull Monarch engineers world renown for there expertise I have worked with some of these so called experts and they are no better than any other airlines engineering

MANTHRUST
22nd Aug 2011, 16:03
Maybe it`s a language problem, but waiting 2 weeks for a witty retort like the last post....
BTW not very funny and nothing to do with Jet2 either.

ZeBedie
22nd Aug 2011, 22:22
I can't say whether Monarch Aircraft Engineering are world renowned or not but they are, in my humble opinion, amongst the very best.

ciampino
23rd Aug 2011, 12:10
Does it matter how long it takes to reply do You think that if all the Monarch engineers went to Jet2 there on time departures would improve, I would think Jet2 engineers are just as experienced and good at there job as monarch engineers?

No RYR for me
23rd Aug 2011, 12:13
but waiting 2 weeks for a witty retort Shows some people still have a life :ok:

MANTHRUST
23rd Aug 2011, 14:13
Ciampino,
The point is that know one is arguing with you, you seem to be able to do it all by yourself.

The Hitcher
23rd Aug 2011, 15:12
Im sure the jet 2 engineers are a very capable bunch and are doing there very best with a pretty poor deck to play with

MKY661
23rd Aug 2011, 21:08
Can I just ask when does the other 733 leave the fleet. And will the 2 aircraft leased from Allegiant go this year?

clareview
23rd Aug 2011, 21:50
Which other B733 do you mean - there are over 20 of them?

MKY661
23rd Aug 2011, 21:57
well one left last month and apparently there is another B733 going this year. Think its one of the ones in the white livery

TSR2
23rd Aug 2011, 22:50
And will the 2 aircraft leased from Allegiant go this year

Well Allegiant have now got the go-ahead to operate to the Hawaiian Islands so I would expect they will want them back sooner rather than later unless of course their plans have changed.

DjerbaDevil
23rd Aug 2011, 22:57
The following was posted on 26 June 2011 in this thread, or something similar, but for some reason better known to themselves, it was deleted by the MODS:
G-CGET & G-GDFA will be leaving with 3 737-800's and 2 757's coming, as their replacement and for further expansion from various bases.

From the Allegiant Air website the news is as follows on 6 July 2011:
LAS VEGAS – Allegiant has obtained approval from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) to begin operating the Boeing 757-200 aircraft type.

Allegiant’s operating fleet now consists of 51 MD-80 aircraft and one Boeing 757-200 aircraft. The company owns three additional 757-200 aircraft, which are being leased to two European carriers until mid-2012. These aircraft are expected to be introduced into Allegiant’s fleet during the first quarter of 2012.

According to Jethro's:
G-CGET 27455/2709 B733-33A was registered to AWAS on 28 July 2011 and therefore no longer with JET2.
G-GDFE 24131/1541 B733-3Q8-QC (Quick Change) was acquired by JET2 and delivered to LBA on 23 July 2011.

G-GDFA, the white painted B733 with a red tail is still in the fleet according to Jethro's.

There has been no news concerning the two B752s belonging to Allegiant Air, which will appear to need replacing sometime before the summer 2012 and a further two B752s would appear to be needed, if the original post on 26 June is correct, making a total of 4 new B752s. Further another 3 B738s would be needed for summer 2012 with the larger programmes at all bases.

It will be very interesting to see where they get the B752s from, as they are proving to be very popular and not readily available in the market at the moment.

righthandrule
24th Aug 2011, 01:00
G-GDFA is departing this October. As already mentioned, G-CGET has already left. G-GDFE has recently arrived and will act as a standby aircraft for the royal mail network during the night and passenger services during the day - stationed at NCL from the 2nd Sept.

Glasgow base goes from 1x733 & 1x752 to 2x738 & 1x752. East Midlands will become a mixed 733 & 752 base from 2012. A further 3 738's are due, bringing the total to 5 - MAN x3, GLA x2.

I believe the 2 leased Allegiant 757's will continue to operate next summer, however this is not confirmed. As it stands, the new additions for next summer will be the 3x 738's only. I would expect further new bases to be 738 only and further fleet rationalisation, one base at a time. Over the next 12 months, I'm sure MAN will be a 738/757 base only with 733's leaving the fleet in favour of 738's albeit a handful each year.

757flyer
24th Aug 2011, 16:41
I hear from my buddies at my former airline (jet2) that the two allegiant 757s will be replaced by 767s, apparently planned for 2012 introduction.

clareview
24th Aug 2011, 17:48
Have we not been here before a couple of years ago with rumours of Jet2 getting B767? It does however seem like a good idea, having tested the US market a bit with winter shoppign trips to NYC in the B757

DjerbaDevil
25th Aug 2011, 23:35
righthandrule:
Thanks for the update on the fleet and new future additions.

It was two years next October that JET2 were advertisiing for B767 Type Rated pilots and although there were leasing contracts for B763s drawn up, they were never signed.

Now the rumours are about again and the odd sign on the ground that a couple of B763s may be joining the fleet. Curiously MartinAir are returning 3 B763ERs (just under 20 years old) on 30 October 2011, as they are converting to freight only as from 1 November 2011. The maintenance history on these B763s should be reliable and if the engine types are acceptable, here is a good opportunity for JET2 and just in time.

The New York trips were also run last year but don't think they are market testers.

IF........ the B763s are ever leased by JET2, they will probably be used initially to cover high density routes.

757 Speedbrakes
26th Aug 2011, 11:52
Ahhhhh ye olde 767 rumor....... AGAIN!!!!

The top brass are carrying out base meetings in September - wonder how many times that question will be asked by the troops?!

On a more factual note, Pisa announced from EMA. I beleive that is a current BMI Baby route, so another one jet2 are going after......

j636
26th Aug 2011, 11:56
Ryanair not Baby route.

757 Speedbrakes
26th Aug 2011, 12:58
Ah ok? Well I was due to position back on a Baby to EMA from Pisa after a charter but my roster was changed.......

INKJET
26th Aug 2011, 13:59
Don't think baby have ever done Pisa? Regional did it as a charter a few years back if I recall. Should be a good route for Jet2 from EMA were there is a lack of Italian routes, although baby have Naples starting next spring and there has been some baby talk of other routes to Italy next year.

Germany could also do with some more routes one would have thought that Bremen or Hamburg would do ok year round, like wise FRA if the slots could be got hold of, a few weeks to CGN & MUC restarting

JSCL
26th Aug 2011, 17:43
I think LH and BMI are happy with just BHX, otherwise EMA might work. But tou to compete for them vs LH out of BHX.

BHD2BFS
29th Aug 2011, 19:21
Just wondering if anyone here knows what route will replace bfs - Leeds? Will it be a new route from bfs?

OltonPete
29th Aug 2011, 19:25
Incident: Jet2 B733 at Manchester on Aug 26th 2011, flaps problem (http://avherald.com/h?article=44205f59&opt=0)

Reported as the same aircraft as the one a few weeks before also
with a flaps problem.

Is this report accurate and that nothing was said to the passengers
prior to landing? I assume not serious enough for a potential "brace position" warning to the pax?

I know I would probably :yuk: (or worse) if I was warned of a possible need to use the brace position, compared to blissful ignorance.

I used the replay facility on flightradar24 and it seems to match the report in terms of the approach was broken off at 4000ft and it headed north.

Pete

TSR2
29th Aug 2011, 21:48
I noticed that the report in the Aviation Herald had the aircraft as G-CELC whilst Flight Radar had it as G-CELI.

Various SBS reports have G-CELI.

LBIA
31st Aug 2011, 14:42
Jet2 have just announced 2 New routes from its Glasgow base to Crete and Rhodes for next summer 2012. Both routes will be operated 1x weekly.

Crete-Heraklion will operate on Tuesday from May 13th while flights to Rhodes will operate on Wednesdays from May 23rd.

sam1993
31st Aug 2011, 15:11
Jet2 have just announced 2 New routes from its Glasgow base to Crete and Rhodes for next summer 2012. Both routes will be operated 1x weekly.

Beat me to it!! Both flights to be operated on the Boeing 737-800. Looking through the timetable, there are slots for another route(s) to be operated on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday afternoons. Could this be Nice which is not on sale for next summer or another new route?

JonnyBfs
31st Aug 2011, 15:44
Could one of these more exciting routes be a nice addition to the Jet2 Belfast, after LBA was discontinued?
Hopefully!!!

righthandrule
31st Aug 2011, 17:55
LBA-BFS has not been discontinued, it simply is not on sale yet.

LBIA
6th Sep 2011, 12:45
Oh dear.

I hear a wheelchair ramp was blow over in to the side of Jet2.com’s Boeing 757, G-LSAE at Leeds this morning due to somebody forgetting to put the handbrake on the vehicle

I heard that the aircraft’s skin has been badly damaged so it’s been taken out of service. Don’t know how long it will take to repair, But I know wouldn’t like to see the Insurance claim for this.

OltonPete
6th Sep 2011, 13:18
I assume this is the reason for LS257 LBA-PMI "coached to Manchester"?

Now showing on Manchester departures due out 15.55.

Cancellations (PSA/VCE) as well at Leeds due to the Italian ATC strike.

I assume the 757 diversion the other way last night (Manchester to Leeds) of
the Tel Aviv was due to weather at Manchester?

Pete

Concorde Lover
6th Sep 2011, 13:31
The Following delay, might be due to the 757.

Tuesday 06 September 2011 - LS257 Leeds Bradford to Palma / LS258 Palma to Leeds Bradford

Jet2.com regrets to advise that the above flights will be delayed. Jet2.com sincerely apologises for any inconvenience caused. These flights will now operate to the below revised schedule:

LS257 Leeds Bradford (now operating from Manchester) to Palma - Departs: 15:55, Arrives: 19:30 (All times are local)

LS258 Palma to Leeds Bradford - Departs: 20:15, Arrives: 22:00 (All times are local)

This is a delay of 9 hours, give or take.

JSCL
6th Sep 2011, 13:32
Jet2 really need to get their heads around spare aircraft to cover issues, it almost seems like one ac out of duty causes major major knock on issues at Jet2.

righthandrule
6th Sep 2011, 13:49
Jet2 have got spare aircraft sorted perfectly! The spare 757 today will operate the LBA-HER which should have gone on the back of the PMI. It's far easier to delay a PMI than a HER, and coach over to MAN where there is a spare 757 this afternoon as crew issues do not come into play as much for a shorter PMI. I don't know what airline you work for JSCL, but in every other airline I know, loosing an aircraft in the first week of september, (probably the biggest repatriation weeks of kids back to school all year) IS going to cause a major knock on issue.

I saw the gash in G-LSAE this morning, I'm sure OCS - One Crap Solution, won't be hanging around Leeds for long now as that is one expensive repair.

LBIA
6th Sep 2011, 15:21
So how big is the gash on G-LSAE, righthandrule?

Will the Jet2 engineers be able to fix it or is it that bad to have to call in Boeing experts from Seattle. Or do you think its bad enough for Jet2 to call it a right-off and scrap the airframe?

pug
6th Sep 2011, 17:42
Or do you think its bad enough for Jet2 to call it a right-off and scrape the airframe?

Sounds like they've already scraped the airframe :ok:

DjerbaDevil
6th Sep 2011, 17:49
Perhaps they'll scrape the scrap together and start from scratch.....

lagerlout
6th Sep 2011, 20:23
I think you need to have a look at what Jet2's competitors did today? Ryanair canceling Italian flights due to the strikes. Jet2 continue to operate flights to Italy despite the disruption because they don't want to just walk away from problems, on top of this an aircraft taken out of service for numerous days yet no flights cancelled and minimum delays going forward. No body is perfect but rather get to my holiday than not at all!

TSR2
6th Sep 2011, 20:46
Spot-on there lagerlout. Well done Jet2.

Ryanair actually cancelled 208 flights today and that's an awful lot of inconvenienced passengers.

Jamie2k9
6th Sep 2011, 20:55
209 and they operated over 200 more. Jet2 had only 2 or 3 flights to operate?

Do we see Ryanair busing passengers to another airport to fly from when Jet2 could of braught the aircraft to LBA like most airlines would do.

TSR2
6th Sep 2011, 21:48
Do we see Ryanair busing passengers to another airport to fly from

No, they will just cancel the flight and leave their passengers stranded and you cannot deny this happens. At least Jet2 do not desert their passengers.

j636
6th Sep 2011, 22:09
99% of the time you will see a Jet2 flight delayed 4 5 or 6 hours everyday.

TSR2
6th Sep 2011, 23:11
99% of the time you will see a Jet2 flight delayed 4 5 or 6 hours everyday

Nonsense, Jet2 are not the most punctual airline but that statement is absolute nonsense in itself.

Chitty
7th Sep 2011, 15:14
does eny one what has happend to ls465 leeds to larnaca because it has left leeds but hasnt landed in larnaca and larnaca airports website is showing delayed on arrivel and leeds/bradford website is saying indefinite delay on arrivel

sam1993
7th Sep 2011, 16:08
Looking on the Jet2 website it appears to have diverted to Kavala and is now delayed until tomorrow. On a seperate note, Jet2 have announced a new Manchester - Pula route from March next year.

BHX2FRA
7th Sep 2011, 19:37
Associated Press:

Greek authorities say a British Jet2.com airliner carrying 217 passengers has safely conducted an emergency landing at the northeastern airport of Kavala.
The plane had been flying from Bradford airport in England to Larnaca in Cyprus.
Airport officials say the pilot requested the unscheduled landing on Wednesday after his instruments indicated a malfunction.
Experts were checking the aircraft, while a new plane was expected to pick up the passengers later in the day from Kavala, some 105 miles east of Thessaloniki.

G-LSAD appears to have left EMA heading for Northern Greece earlier this evening

LBIA
7th Sep 2011, 20:35
Looks like Jet2 are not having the best off luck.

Astraeus B757, G-STRY has been covering some flying duties out of MAN today to replace G-LSAI which was sent to cover over at LBA yesterday after G-LSAE was badly damaged there.

Today has seen G-LSAI divert into Kavala due a malfunction of instruments. So this evening EMA based G-LSAD has positioned down to Kavala with some engineers onboard as LS041A. It will then fly the passengers onto Cyprus and overnight there before heading back to LBA tomorrow afternoon operating the delayed LS476 service.

I’m taking a wild guess that G-LSAI will be flown back from Kavala to the UK as a positioning flight after been checked out by the Jet2 engineers.

Meanwhile a 2nd Astraeus, B757, G-STRY has been positioned from BHX as LS43A to NCL to cover up there tomorrow seen that a NCL based Jet2 B757 aircraft is been sent down to LBA in morning.

And just as I type this yet another Jet2 this time G-LSAL has diverted into MAN this evening operating the LS158 service from PFO to GLA for some reason. Looks like G-LSAM has just been sent up to Glasgow empty as LS42A while the passengers will be bussed up the M6.

bracebrace!
10th Sep 2011, 12:32
I've just made a booking to go to NCL from FAO this Thursday and the seating plan online is showing 3+4 as the cabin layout. This rules out a 737/757 so anyone know what a/c is being used and if it's a sub-charter?

Thanks in advance.

righthandrule
10th Sep 2011, 12:50
That flight is operated on one of our own 757's, not sure why it's got a 3-4 config, on my computer and all work ones it's showing 3-3. Perhaps an issue with your browser?

david1994
10th Sep 2011, 13:27
Yeah that sometimes happens with the Jet2 seating plan on the website, I have also checked the system and it is showing a 757-200, 3X3 config.

regards

Chitty
16th Sep 2011, 09:10
hi i was looking at jet2 new flight from east midlands to pisa and its operated by an none base aircraft but its not a belfast , leeds , man or newcastle based aircraft ether so does eny no if jet2 are doing new flights to pisa from another airport or are thay setting up a new base with new flights to pisa

757 Speedbrakes
17th Sep 2011, 11:42
Jet2 have announced Pisa for next summer from East Mids with a 737-300 to be based there from Summer 2012, along with existing 2 757's.

Maybe there will be even more routes now there is uncertainty surrounding BMI Baby....?

Chitty
17th Sep 2011, 14:02
but the east midlands pisa flight is NOT done but an east midlands aircraft go to the jet2 time tabe to see Jet2.com | Timetables | low cost flights to Europe (http://www.jet2.com/timetable.aspx?lang=EN) and its not done by eny other jet2 pisa flight

MKY661
18th Sep 2011, 10:19
Sounds like they've already scraped the airframe http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

Acording to planespotters it is still in the fleet so have they scrapped it then

Anyone got any pics of the damage?

righthandrule
18th Sep 2011, 14:17
It's due back in service next week so it's news to Jet2 if it's being scrapped.

On a side note, G-GDFA and G-GDFB are to be withdrawn next month. As a result on time performance should increase dramatically! :ok:

TSR2
18th Sep 2011, 14:42
As a result on time performance should increase dramatically

Well, let's hope so.

MKY661
18th Sep 2011, 16:20
G-GDFA and G-GDFB are to be withdrawn next month.

GDFB is going now as well? Didnt think it was.

The Pole
21st Sep 2011, 16:24
Big delay today for EXS257 from LBA to PMI with a knock on effect for the Rhodes Flight. It was G-LSAA that left eventually at 14.04Hrs. Anyone know what caused the delay as it stated Gate Closed at 8pm then later Indefinate Delay!
Was it LSAA that had a technical fault or another aircraft?

Alan45ni
27th Sep 2011, 14:31
Anyone know what the "Premium Meals" consist of? Do they even include coffee or is that another extra

ImPlaneCrazy
27th Sep 2011, 15:38
http://www.pprune.org/5289343-post2767.html

Doubt the 'hot drink' part would have changed.

deltahotel9
27th Sep 2011, 15:47
On both occasions I had food it was easily as good if not better than that served by TOM or TCX. A starter of melon pieces followed by a hot meal with bread roll, a desert, cheese and crackers and a chocolate, no hot drink but a carton of water is supplied in the pack. In my case the outbound meal was beef and the return chicken both quite tasty, and the deserts chocolate pudding/mouse and apple crumble. Don't expect gourmet food, it is an airline remember, and you won't be dissapointed.

ILS32
27th Sep 2011, 15:52
Standard airline fare but edible.I booked my last premier meal March but have not booked another one since because they had stopped supplying tea or coffee with the meal.Replaced it with a small cup of water.If you want tea or coffee it's to pay for.
When they started the premier meals it was reasonable value for what you paid.I am flying with them in 2 weeks but have not booked a meal.At the end of the day you pays your money and takes a chance.

deltahotel9
27th Sep 2011, 15:57
Exactly, but if you intend to eat on the plane and haven't booked a meal make sure you are sat right at the back or right at the front as they will run out of food to buy after about 10/15 rows, always due to a 'busy outbound flight'.

airforced
28th Sep 2011, 08:13
I have the Jet2 offering to be better than most these days. I always have a breakfast when doing an early morning flight and they are quite good when you consider what the alternatives are. They have gone up in price but what hasn't? Flying later in the day again you make the decision based on what your options are prior to getting on the plane. However if you do decide to have a meal on the plane I can recommend the Jet2 offering as being very reasonable and tasty.

A pre-booked meal is a much better bet, quality and price wise, than sandwiches and crisps etc bought from the trolly and as mentioned previously, particularly on the return leg, they may well run out of these things before they get to you.

HH6702
28th Sep 2011, 22:39
looks like ncl needs 6 based aircraft for summer 2012?
new thursday flights to dlm.

TSR2
29th Sep 2011, 09:53
I agree with Airforced. The quality of the meals on Jet2 flights are excellent but when you add a further £2.20 to the cost for a cup of coffee, I'm not so sure they represent value for money compared with what you would get for the same cost in MAN airport.

GAXLN
29th Sep 2011, 10:08
HH6702, looking at the schedules I make it only five aircraft needed, i.e. current size as there appears to be 0640 PMI, 0700 ALC, 0730 FAO, 0730 PRG and 0930 DLM on a Thursday in the norning peak. Have I missed something?

Jamesair
29th Sep 2011, 20:51
yes...0905 MUR

LBIA
29th Sep 2011, 21:57
Jet2's Boeing 757-200, G-LSAK has had RAK Airways titles added to it today as she is going out on a winter lease.

She will be departing Leeds tomorrow positioning out to Vienna first before been sent down to Ras Al Khaimah in the UAE.

Mr @ Spotty M
30th Sep 2011, 04:44
Yes an 8 month lease. :ok:

LBIA
5th Oct 2011, 15:23
Jet2 have just announced new route from Manchester to Istanbul commencing from March 16th 2012.

hodp
5th Oct 2011, 19:39
any one know which airport in istanbul :rolleyes: thanks in advance ..:ok:

Malaga
6th Oct 2011, 10:47
IST

Malaga

AIRPORT66
6th Oct 2011, 11:58
Went on jet2 website to book flights BFS-LBA next April flights not available has this route been axed?

LBIA
6th Oct 2011, 12:04
Nobody knows whats happening with the Jet2's Leeds - Belfast route from April next year.

When I have tried contacting them recently about it they didn't even reply so flybe got my money instead..

shark1
6th Oct 2011, 13:32
and what about the Belfast-Toulouse service ? not on sale for summer 2012 !

Jamesair
7th Oct 2011, 16:27
to...hodp

it's Istanbul (Ataturk)

plasticAF
8th Oct 2011, 04:13
righthand

how many days in your week?

MKY661
9th Oct 2011, 13:07
It's due back in service next week so it's news to Jet2 if it's being scrapped.

Still not back in service.

I have just checked planespotters.net and it says it is now stored?

DjerbaDevil
9th Oct 2011, 20:32
Just checked CH-Aviation and they say:

"G-LSAE - Stored at Leeds/Bradford (LBA) / on repair".

airforced
11th Oct 2011, 08:34
I'm pretty sure that LSAE is now retired at LBA and Jet2 will be using it for spares.

From the performance of some of their other airframes this summer they could do to retire a few more of their geriatric fleet too!

Slipped up there. G-LSAE is being repaired after being clobbered by an OCS vehicle while it was on the stand.:\

I should have said that G-GDFA has been retired and is going to be used for spares. Sorry for the confusion.

jonathan78
11th Oct 2011, 11:22
G-LSAE is not retired it's been repaired at the moment

gavin1980
11th Oct 2011, 17:20
Just received an email to say (some) of the LBA-PFO flights (including mine) in November will be via EMA. Any ideas why?

CabinCrewe
11th Oct 2011, 18:27
Commonest causes are either poor forward bookings, or shortage of aircraft and or staff

OltonPete
11th Oct 2011, 19:01
I have just checked the EMA schedule for this winter and nearly fell off my chair.

From the second week in November just two flights a week - yes from two based aircraft to two flights a week and then it is just a weekly TFS until Christmas after PFO stops. It is the same in the New Year, one TFS flight a week from the second week in January until March.

I assume the ski flights just didn't work?

Quite incredible, I know most of the aircraft are owned and why fly an aircraft in winter to lose money but a base with one flight a week???

Pete

ABZ777
11th Oct 2011, 19:07
Good evening,

Rumour has it that Jet2.com have expressed a possible interest in starting routes at Aberdeen now that the 124m runway extension is complete and open for business.

After the collapse of flyglobespan a few years back - I always thought that Jet2.com would make a good replacement considering most Aberdonians have to either put up with the odd Thomas Cook/Thomson charter flight to Palma/Dalaman or take a drive south and fly from Edinburgh/Glasgow.

Does anyone have any further/firm info?

GnRdL
11th Oct 2011, 20:21
Good evening,

Rumour has it that Jet2.com have expressed a possible interest in starting routes at Aberdeen now that the 124m runway extension is complete and open for business.

After the collapse of flyglobespan a few years back - I always thought that Jet2.com would make a good replacement considering most Aberdonians have to either put up with the odd Thomas Cook/Thomson charter flight to Palma/Dalaman or take a drive south and fly from Edinburgh/Glasgow.

Does anyone have any further/firm info?
I thought too that Je2 would be interested. However, there may be weight restrictions to operate certain routes.

ABZ777
11th Oct 2011, 20:28
If Thomas Cook can operate a rather full Boeing 757-200 to Dalaman, approx. 1700nm from ABZ, surely Jet2 would have no serious weight constraints to worry about! I hope it is only a matter of time before they start - even BA and BMI are starting to operate the odd charter to Palma, cashing in on extra revenue - the demand is certainly there for more summer routes and the runway extension is an invitation to airlines such as Jet2 to Aberdeen. Fingers crossed!

CabinCrewe
11th Oct 2011, 20:39
The demand is there...?? Really ?

GnRdL
11th Oct 2011, 20:54
I would like to see a route to Alicante again. Yes, fingers crossed!

parky747
11th Oct 2011, 22:11
Does anyone know if JET2 are in considerations of reintroducing flights / holidays to SSH?

LPFR
12th Oct 2011, 01:02
CabinCrewe,

When Flyglobespan operated from ABZ with 1 based A/C the demand was quite high, at least to the routes and the frequencies they operated, IIRC to ALC, AGP, FAO, PMI and TFS, around 2/3 weekly each. They had a 737-700 based there, but even used the 737-800 during some of the summer peaks so the demand was definetly there.

Jet2 could very well replace that gap left from GSM for sure.

Facelookbovvered
12th Oct 2011, 08:52
Jet2 have done a fantastic job in opening up the base and route structure that they have in the last few years, i do worry that they are speading themselves quite thin, i think GLA was a good move for them.

coatimundi
12th Oct 2011, 09:48
CabinCrewe

Further to LPFR's reply, have a look at this:
Aberdeen has fastest rise in disposable incomes - FT.com (http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/461d316c-f0fe-11e0-bad9-00144feab49a.html#axzz1aYjkgZPb)

I too would like to see the return of ALC flights, used Globespan several times and they were always well patronised.

Facelookbovvered
12th Oct 2011, 10:29
For sure there is some demand in ABZ for Med's, but not sure how much, its a long way in a 737 and a lot of fuel, filling a 757 will be a bigger challenge! so perhaps a couple a week over the very short peak summer months.

Jet2 are very busy on good quality TV add across the north midlands, but with so few flights out of EMA it seems a waste, we are a few months away from the peak booking period for next summer and the market trend is for people to leave it much later, mainly because of the economic uncertainty.

LBIA
12th Oct 2011, 12:42
Dose anyone know if jet2 are operating any Hajj charter flights to Jeddah this year again using the Boeing 757 fleet?

As for the previous couple off years they have operated flights from there bases at LBA, MAN and EMA.

757 Speedbrakes
12th Oct 2011, 13:03
Yes, not sure of the dates but will be to Jeddah and Medina from MAN, LBA, EMA and BHX.

Piltdown Man
12th Oct 2011, 13:20
Here's a question - Will the pilgrims be able to bring holy water back from their homage? I hope so.

PM

xtypeman
12th Oct 2011, 14:10
Many years ago did ops for a Hajj operating out of India. We where using A300 and bought the Zam Zam back on the empty sectors during the outbound session.

MKY661
13th Oct 2011, 19:56
Looks like GDFA has left the fleet. Hasnt been flying for a bit. Anyone know when GDFB is leaving the fleet?

purplehelmet
13th Oct 2011, 20:07
Looks like GDFA has left the fleet. Hasnt been flying for a bit. Anyone know when GDFB is leaving the fleet?
ive heard gdfa has been wfu,and will be broken up for spares,gdfb is due to be wfu some time this month but not sure what will become of it.

PPRuNe Pop
14th Oct 2011, 06:13
This thread is now rather unwieldy and is being closed. Feel free to start another.