PDA

View Full Version : Bristows sponsorship

RByrne
1st Feb 2007, 11:00
Judging by past posts on this site in about 2002 Bristows sponsored several students through a CPL in HAI Florida. I was just wondering what state pilot recruitment was at during this time? Was there a severe shortage of self sponsored applicants? Or were there other reasons behind Bristows offering a sponsorship programme?

What would have to happen now for them to return to sponsoring candidates through their CPL?

simfly
1st Feb 2007, 13:07
Bristow have just taken on some more "self trained" persons but are not sponsoring at the moment.

BaronG
1st Feb 2007, 18:55
Judging by past posts on this site in about 2002 Bristows sponsored several students through a CPL in HAI Florida. I was just wondering what state pilot recruitment was at during this time? Was there a severe shortage of self sponsored applicants? Or were there other reasons behind Bristows offering a sponsorship programme?
What would have to happen now for them to return to sponsoring candidates through their CPL?

I think many of the people being sponsored then were not from the UK/Europe. They were Africans (Nigerians I imagine) who were being trained for Co-Pilot positions since the contract requires local Co-Pilot as a minimum (with an expat or local Captain). This particular type of spnsorship was happening recently and may still be going (I'm out of that loop now).

Return to sponsorship? Of Europeans - enough self funders (or fools as I suppose they might be best described :E ) stopping their self-funding and creating a proper shortage...Or perhaps another major source of Helicopter revenue e.g. a new Oilfield being discovered...

BG.