PDA

View Full Version : QUOTE

ZFT
1st Feb 2007, 04:31
Apologisies if the incorrect Forum but didn't really know where to post this.

The facility to 'quote' on threads has disappeared. (The Reply & Edit icons are still displayed).

Is this a set up that I have somehow changed or is this a PPRuNe generic problem?

henry crun
1st Feb 2007, 06:01
IMHO it was the most missused facility on Pprune, hopefully it has gone for good.

Many more recent members may not know that it was only introduced with the last big upgrade, not that long ago.

Contrary to the opinion of those whom are so fond of using the "Quote", even when they are the next to post, if you just name the person you wish to reply to we will know what you are referring to.

ZFT
1st Feb 2007, 06:10
Henry crun,

Do I take it then that ‘Quote’ is not available on yours either?

henry crun
1st Feb 2007, 06:37
I have just had another look and unfortunately it is still there, I cannot be sure but I think it is now in a different place.

ZFT
1st Feb 2007, 06:48
Henry,

Then I must have screwed mine up somehow.

Thanks

henry crun
1st Feb 2007, 07:00
Can you tell all the others who are so fond of using it how you managed that, hopefully they will do the same. :)

ZFT
1st Feb 2007, 07:15
I'm not sure why you think I'm fond of it?

It's just annoying me that it's disappeared and I don't know why or what I've done to cause this but when I find out, rest assured you'll be the first to know.

ZFT
1st Feb 2007, 07:26
I'm not sure why you think I'm fond of it?

It's just annoying me that it's disappeared and I don't know why or what I've done to cause this but when I find out, rest assured you'll be the first to know.

System restore restored it - Only recent change was MS Remove hidden data add in!!!!!

Henry - I promise not to abuse it.

henry crun
1st Feb 2007, 07:26
I did not say you are fond of using it, if you read my post again I was referring to others who, IMHO, misuse it.

BOAC
1st Feb 2007, 07:48
Mr Crun has it in one (I would quote him if I could.......................:) )

ZFT
1st Feb 2007, 07:51
Henry,

I have re-read and you of course are correct.

Cheers

Keef
1st Feb 2007, 11:50
(I would quote him if I could.......................:) )

Copy the text
Click Reply
Type [
Type Quote=
Type the name in inverted commas
Type ]
Click paste
Type [/
Type Quote
Type ]
Type your answer
Job done.

It was easier when you could click on "Quote", but hey...

vapilot2004
1st Feb 2007, 12:52
Click the little button to the right of Reply, the click then Reply button. :ok:

Keef
1st Feb 2007, 19:04
Click the little button to the right of Reply, the click then Reply button. :ok:

Thanks! Nifty!

Globaliser
1st Feb 2007, 19:36
Click the little button to the right of Reply, the click then Reply button. :ok:And you can now quote more than one post in a single reply: just click the "little buttons" of every post you want to quote before clicking Reply.

Judging by the replies on this thread, it'll drive some up the wall when people start learning how to use this!

BOAC
1st Feb 2007, 22:17
Ta Keef - 'twas TIC:)

Keef
2nd Feb 2007, 01:30
Ta Keef - 'twas TIC:)

Likewise :)

vapilot2004
2nd Feb 2007, 06:07
And you can now quote more than one post in a single reply: just click the "little buttons" of every post you want to quote before clicking Reply.
Judging by the replies on this thread, it'll drive some up the wall when people start learning how to use this!
Thanks! Nifty!

Found it by accident after my little Quote button went missing also. :)

henry crun
2nd Feb 2007, 07:20
It's just as well you quoted those two posts vapilot2004, otherwise we wouldn't have had the first idea of what you were referring to. :p

vapilot2004
2nd Feb 2007, 07:39
I get that alot. :\

Keef
3rd Feb 2007, 17:28
Has it gone again?

PPRuNe Towers
3rd Feb 2007, 19:24
Yes, I'm very glad to say Keef.

Most misused button on the site other than 'submit.':} :}

Rob