PDA

View Full Version : Pregnancy Menus

firemac
29th Jan 2007, 11:57
Hi Folks,
Sorry if this sounds a bit daft: My family & I are off to TPA on BA2167 this Friday in cattle class. What is the usual feeding frequency? The reason for asking is that my 21 yr old daughter, who is travelling with us, is 4 months pregnant & suffers regular starvation attacks about every 4 hours or so. It would be nice to know if the meals/snacks will suffice or whether we need to take emergency rations on board. I usually travel alone Club-class so sustinence issues seldom arise, hence my question.
Thanks in advance for any info. :ok:
Firemac.

Pax Agent
29th Jan 2007, 13:27
oh shame i'm not on yr flight or else I'd have made sure she had food coming out of her ears! lol! Sorry i'm on the MCO those days! Um....TPA in WT you should have a drinks round about 30mins after t/o when you get obv drink and lil bag of breadsticks.
Then a soon as the meals are cooked prob be about 1 and half after t/o its a tray lay up with normally either a green salad or salmon starter/your choice of hot meal/and a dessert/bread roll/cuplet of water then a tea and coffe round by the crew (as long as the s/b sign is off).

Then nothin to do but chill till 1 and half before landing when u get a deli box with afternoon tea....sandwhich etc....juice....cake. However, In the rear galley for WT pax there are tuck boxes for this period of no food. there are choccie bars, crisps etc.
Also There is sooooo much food on long haul that if u speak to the crew they will always find u sum.
My advice is to speak to the Cabin Manager (we're too poor for CSD's @ LGW hehe!) and explain i'm sure they will help a out. might even bring u a salad or something from club if yr getting the cravings! lol!

U know I like the idea tho.....hunger attacks....might try that 1! The fact i'm male and gay might put stop to the pragnancy rumour but hey 1 can only try!
:}

Enjoy yr flight! will wave from orlando! XX

apaddyinuk
29th Jan 2007, 14:40
But you cannot always rely that there will be food available in club so make sure you bring adequate snacking material on your flight with you before you check in...just ensure it is stuff which will get beyond security so no yoghurts or same such!

Pax Agent
29th Jan 2007, 14:42
ok maybe I wouldn't bet my life savings on it but every LH flight i've operated there has been SOOOOO much food kicking around it's ridiculous!!! Come on there is always stuff spare!

Globaliser
29th Jan 2007, 20:16
On a LGW-DFW a couple of months back, my partner got seconds of the hot meal for the asking. And the galley snacks were still far from running out at the time that the snack was served.

Unless the caterers have been having problems, I find it difficult to imagine any BA longhaul flight running out of food.

SXB
29th Jan 2007, 20:46
I've been on numerous long haul flights with BA for both business and pleasure. My wife, all 48kgs of her, has an appetite like a sumo wrestler and on the occasions we've travelled together on BA she's always been well provided for, several times having more than one main course. She regularly trots off to the galley, has a chat with the crew and returns with various snacks and chocolate. This method also works well with AF though not so well with LH, I recently asked them for another sandwich and received a teutonic stare which gave me my answer:)

On a side note, with all the negative publicity regarding strikes at BA it's nice to come across BA CC like Pax Agent (and Paddyinuk !) who obviously enjoy their work and have a such a contented disposition, you can just tell that it would be a pleasure to fly with CC like Pax Agent.

firemac
30th Jan 2007, 07:07
....for the info & for taking the time to respond. This is a big help & the CC strike being resolved is a bonus!:)

Pax Agent
30th Jan 2007, 23:53
SXB i don't know u do i?! LOL! Ahhh thanx that made my night! I will be bouncing off those club world walls with enthusiasm tomoz on my lil disney jaunt! lol!

Night all! X

flybywire
31st Jan 2007, 11:20
Hi Firemac,
being almost 8 months along myself with my 1st I know exactly how your daughter feels!! I also am BA crew at LGW and I know that if she informs the crew of her problem I am sure my colleagues will do their utmost to keep her as comfy as possible.

HOWEVER - knowing how weird and uncomfortable pregnancy stomach cramps can be (especially at this stage when the baby has a huge growth spurt) and knowing that airline food can be quite greasy and not particularly satisfying I would pack some emergency food myself.

In fact, I have never left home without some emergency snacks (in my case dry biscuits/crackers/raw carrots, apples and fennel-great for nausea and heartburn! So she could pack anything that she would fancy eating provided it's not liquid as they might refuse her to carry it at the security point) and not only when flying. As for water, I am sure the crew will no hesitate to give her as much water as she needs, it would be a good idea if she asked for a big 1.5L bottle to keep in her seat pocket. Dehydration is very common in pregnancy, especially now that her body needs to produce much more blood to have a healthy supply for the placenta and the new baby! Besides the 777 isn't the best aircraft to travel on as it's extremely dry so even if that means numerous trips to the loo encourage her to drink A LOT!!!

I hope your trip goes well and that she purchased a good travel insurance as medical charges for pregnancy related issues can be very expensive in the US. Something else, make sure you have ALL the numbers with you just in case (midwife, hospital, antenatal clinic etc) as experience taught me that just a phone call to your midwife when you are feeling a bit anxious can be a godsend!!!! Better than any medicine!!!

Congratulations to your daughter, good luck and enjoy it!!!!!
FBW:)

SXB
31st Jan 2007, 22:34
Pax agent

Don't think we know each other, though I did the LHR-JFK hop in club quite a few times last year and am a regular on the LHR-GYD route with B-Med. Enjoy your Disney trip, I'm leaving for KIS tomorrow with Austrian, would prefer Orlando:)

FBW
I think the dehydration advice is good for all travellers, it's very easy to become dehydrated on a long flight, especially for those who choose to have a few alcoholic drinks.

Not long now....:)