PDA

View Full Version : Operations/Ground jobs at Helicopter Operators

Hairwolf
28th Jan 2007, 16:11
Hello everyone, I'm looking for help/suggestions/advice.

I know this might be slightly misplaced as this is a forum for helicopter pilots, but you may well be able to help me.

I'm a relatively experienced Operations Controller at an LHR airline but for various reasons, I'm looking to change jobs. Amongst my considerations, and something that particularly interests me, is working for a helicopter operator. Obviously, I'd be looking for something along at least similar lines to what I do now I don't want to be too particular in that regard.

What I'm looking for on here is any info that other users have on operators who may have positions available, operators who they might recommend working for, or even just operators who exist! I am finding all I can on the internet but it's certainly much harder to unearth these helicopter operators then say airlines etc, so any information would be welcomed and appreciated.

There is one stipulation - I'll be living in Essex so I am basically looking at Stansted, Southend, Stapleford, anywhere else in the surrounding area, or Central London.

Can anyone help me?

Cheers

Reflex
28th Jan 2007, 17:17
Call Air Harrods at Stansted on 01279 660800.
Dawn Wyatt is the ops manager.

Hairwolf
28th Jan 2007, 17:26
Thanks for that

I've sent an email to [email protected]

You reckon a call is the better bet?

Flingingwings
28th Jan 2007, 17:38
IMHO A telephone call is far more personal, and as such is more likely to be remembered.

Hairwolf
28th Jan 2007, 17:52
D'oh!

I shouldn't have sent all those e-mails. I was thinking along the lines that calling an Ops department out of the blue was a bit too forward, perhaps I should reconsider...

Bladecrack
28th Jan 2007, 18:32
Hairwolf,
Why don't you get yourself a copy of the BHAB handbook (British Helicopter Advisory Board), you can order from their website I think, (£10 approx), it's got all the UK Helicopter AOC/Charter company details listed in it... :)
Good Luck. ;)
BC.

Hairwolf
29th Jan 2007, 07:27
Many thanks for the info Bladecrack it's appreciated, I'll have a look