PDA

View Full Version : Does BA still have three class configured 777's ??

Andrew_92
26th Jan 2007, 21:52
I am asking this question because I tried booking a flight from POS to BGI and back on the BA website in World Traveller Plus and I recieve this error message: "
Error

We regret that due to a system problem, it is currently not possible for you to make a booking. Please try again later."I have been receiving this error message for quite some time now and on all flights around the time I am trying to book.

I tried all other classes(First, Club World, World Traveller) on the same days and flights and they are all avaliable. I emailed BA already, and I was just given a number to call for help and told "sorry." So I was wondering if this could be that BA still has three class configured 777's and they are operating this route. I would really prefer flying in World Traveller Plus so any help is thanked !!!

Thanks Much,
Andrew !!!

towser
26th Jan 2007, 22:00
I didn't know that was a route! Anyway yes they do still have World traveller plus on the 777's that serve the Caribbean

TheGorrilla
26th Jan 2007, 22:01
Yes. Some do not have a First. Operated out of LGW mostly.

Andrew_92
27th Jan 2007, 00:11
I didn't know that was a route! Anyway yes they do still have World traveller plus on the 777's that serve the Caribbean

Yea, BA has operated to GND for a while now and the flights always stop in ANU first and then go on to GND and the same going back up to LGW. The same applies to TAB. The POS flights stop in BGI both ways.

Andrew_92
27th Jan 2007, 00:15
Yes. Some do not have a First. Operated out of LGW mostly.

Also another question, do all of BA's 777's have World Traveller Plus ? the one's that operate mostly out of LGW. And also what do you think may be causing the trouble on BA's website ?? Just a simple computer glitch ?? Because it hasnt been giving trouble like this, this only just started a few weeks ago now. Should I give BA's web help a call ? I think that would be the best thing to do

Glamgirl
27th Jan 2007, 11:50
Hi Andrew.

All 777 flights from LGW operate with WT+. Some of our aircraft are 3 class, with Club, WT+ and WT. The rest of the aircraft are 4 class, with same as before adding First as well.

Most of the carribbean routes are 3 class. I really don't have a clue as to why the system won't allow you to book WT+, as I don't deal with reservations. I hope you'll be able to book it soon and I might see you there :)

apaddyinuk
27th Jan 2007, 13:58
Infact...ALL longhaul aircraft operate with WT Plus. The BGI usually is a four class (including First) as it has a high premium load.

Pax Agent
27th Jan 2007, 14:58
anyone considered that the cabin is full? We get alot of people travelling on these routes celebrating and they buy upgrades! Just a thought as theres only 24 of those seats!

Glamgirl
28th Jan 2007, 10:43
Pax Agent, On the 4 class 777 there are 40 WT+ seats (8 seats, 5 rows). On the 3 class, you're spot on.

Andrew_92
28th Jan 2007, 16:17
Infact...ALL longhaul aircraft operate with WT Plus. The BGI usually is a four class (including First) as it has a high premium load.

The POS flights have First, so it could be that WTP is either full or the reservations system is having a little trouble with this sector and the classes ! But lords knows what, anyway I'm going to call BA Reservations later to see if I could figure whats going on, thanks for the help everyone !