PDA

View Full Version : Robin HR100-200B

AN2 Driver
24th Jan 2007, 21:56
Folks,

does anyone here know more about this plane? I 've come across a rather interesting on one of those, what intrigues me is mid time engine and 400 liter fuel capacity, would mean about 7-8 hours endurance?

Unfortunately I can't find any performance figures / Pilot reports on them. Having flown Cessnas and Pipers in that cathegory I am totally new to Robin.

Any information on speed/range, maintenance costs e.t.c. are very welcome.

Best regards
AN2 driver.

HR200
24th Jan 2007, 23:07
I fly the Robin HR120/200B which I assume is the same aircraft.

I can answer any question you have on the aircraft, so fire away!

Oxeagle
25th Jan 2007, 14:42
HR200,
I also fly the Robin HR-200 (Brilliant little machine might I add!), and it is not the same as the HR-100

AN2 Driver,
I don't know much about the HR-100, but I do know that it has a Lycoming IO-360 engine and yes, an incredible 400L fuel capacity! However, I did find this link, which might yeild some answers for you: http://www.dmjwilliams.co.uk/gbapy_performance.htm

Cheers,

Ox

AN2 Driver
26th Jan 2007, 08:33
Thanks a lot guys. yep that website is informative, even tough he flies the Continental variant.

Best regards
AN2 driver

dmjw01
26th Jan 2007, 16:56
Indeed - the one I fly is a Continental powered one, but I don't imagine the performance figures are very different. The 6-cylinder TCM IO-360 is lovely and smooth though!

I'm fairly new to the aircraft myself; we only bought G-BAPY in August. I tend to cruise at 65% power (23"/2400 at normal bimbling altitudes), which gives 125 knots indicated. I lean to about 10 USG per hour.

If you fill just two of the tanks you have about 5 hours endurance at that power, and the aircraft is a genuine four-person machine with some baggage. Perhaps not a load lifter in the same league as a C182, but still pretty decent. Fill all four tanks to the top, and it's really a two-person machine. It's not really a short strip machine, although the figures in the POH are very conservative.

A curiosity of the fuel system (on ours at least) is the fact that the excess fuel that's not consumed by the engine is always returned to the left-main tank, regardless of which tank it came from. At my normal cruise power, it tends to drain from the selected tank at about double the fuel burn rate, so if you're on one of the "other" tanks it will drain at about 20 gallons per hour, and the left-main will fill up at about 10 gallons per hour. Some variants have a modification so that the fuel return goes back to the same tank it came from.

Regarding maintenance, it's early days for our group yet - but this is a fairly scarce aircraft and parts can be awkward to get hold of. They have a reputation for corrosion too. If you're looking at a Lycoming powered one then it would have the advantage that the Lycoming IO-360 is a commonplace engine.

Must get around to finishing off some of the other pages about G-BAPY. So little time...

dmjw01
26th Jan 2007, 17:08
You might also like to have a look at this site, about an HR100 of which a friend of mine is a share holder. Theirs is a Lycoming-powered one...

http://www.vsi.flyer.co.uk/index.htm

AN2 Driver
26th Jan 2007, 19:02
Hi,

yes, thanks for that webpage, very informative indeed. Together with the other one you quote, it gives a fairly nice picture. Once you are done with yours, it's gonna be really easy to do some initial calcs.

What I am looking for is to get my hands on an AOM in PDF format or so. Also, the one I am looking at has an Autopilot of sorts, Badin Cruizet or something, can't find ANY docs on that. Well, one of these not too far away days I'll have to make the way cross country to see it before someone else grabs it.

In any event, thanks a lot for your help. PPRUNE comradship at it's best.

Best regards
AN2 Driver.

dmjw01
27th Jan 2007, 14:13
Yes - ours has an autopilot as well, although I believe it doesn't work (though I must confess I haven't actually tried it).