PDA

View Full Version : Silverjet Ops Controller

Captain Spam Can
24th Jan 2007, 21:16
Does anyone have an idea what the pay is like for an Ops Controller at Silverjet? Cheers

Captb747
25th Jan 2007, 08:01
Hi there,

Not 100% sure but I reckon around the £20,000 mark maybe?????:confused:

princesssariah
25th Jan 2007, 09:26
I was called for an interview but turned it down as i changed my mind about working at Luton due to the commute.....anyway, they told me that salary would be around £24,000 mark, depending on experience

Captain Spam Can
25th Jan 2007, 09:44
Thanks for that

Captb747
25th Jan 2007, 09:45
Hmmmm not a bad salary IMHO
:ok:

Banzai Eagle
26th Jan 2007, 18:49
Heard some folk were put off applying by MD's reputation..........:=

desertfltops
29th Jan 2007, 11:13
I'm constantly amazed by the terriible salaries on offer to UK ops people. 24K and that depends on experience?? Well what if you don't meet the required level of experience?? As one previous poster mentioned, it might be as low as 20k?? How are you supposed to live in that region of the UK on 20k?

Not a dig at silverjet per se as this seems to be normal for uk airlines to pay ops folks poorly. Lousy hours and lousy pay, but with no shortage of takers then the blame can be evenly apportioned.

:ugh:

bacardi walla
29th Jan 2007, 12:20
I'm constantly amazed by the terriible salaries on offer to UK ops people. 24K and that depends on experience?? Well what if you don't meet the required level of experience?? As one previous poster mentioned, it might be as low as 20k?? How are you supposed to live in that region of the UK on 20k?

Not a dig at silverjet per se as this seems to be normal for uk airlines to pay ops folks poorly. Lousy hours and lousy pay, but with no shortage of takers then the blame can be evenly apportioned.

:ugh:

What if you DO meet the level of experience :confused: They still don't want to interview people who meet the criteria :ugh:

desertfltops
29th Jan 2007, 12:54
I agree with you BW, It would appear that airlines in the UK operate on a 'revolving door' type policy where less experienced ops people join the company but as soon as they show any ambition and aim for a higher salary commensurate with their eventual experience, they are faced with a brick wall. Either shut up and put up or else leave. The cycle then starts all over again with a new face in the office ad infinitum.

I have worked in the UK. I worked with a great bunch of guys close to one of London's airports but the salaries were so low and UK cost of living so high that I found it unsustainable and had to leave. Pity cos I left behind a job that I loved and colleagues that I admired and respected. Being single helps if you are dissatisfied, makes moving less complicated, not so easy if married with kiddies.

walla
24th Feb 2007, 18:46
So you think the salary on offer is around £20k to £24k mark ? what are they like to work for, does any one have negative feedback ??.

I take it that its gone 24h? so shifts 7 til 7?

cheers in advance

walla

princesssariah
25th Feb 2007, 14:56
I hear salary is definitely 24k, although think they might have recruited all that they need already.

As an aside, I completely agree with the previous comments about Ops staff being undervalued - I wish a company would come along and break the cycle!

kowlaski
26th Feb 2007, 16:28
I think also with salary you have to look at fleet size, silverJet offering 24K for an Ops controller, 1 aircraft, outsourced crew control it really is not a bad salary, unfortunatly most airline Ops keep their salaries quite low as they know they can attract handling agent staff who choose their career next steps from ramp into ops, and we all know that handling agent salaries are scandelous!!! anyway I think BA and EZY are leading the pack on salaries at the moment...unless you know different

747-436
26th Feb 2007, 16:48
That is not a bad salary for an organisation with one aircraft, some airlines with more aircraft pay a lot less than that!!!

Banzai Eagle
27th Feb 2007, 21:26
I think Silverjet Ops will be handling the Flyjet 757's as well although i'm not sure.

swedish
3rd Mar 2007, 13:49
'Outsourced Crew Control'
Out of interest - who to?

Mr Angry from Purley
3rd Mar 2007, 15:36
Swedish - My Travel Crew Contol:\

merlinxx
4th Mar 2007, 19:12
Got to be angry if you live in Purley!!! everyone else is I see passing through.

Brian Fantana
6th Mar 2007, 08:59
767 ETOPS dispatches currently done by MYT too.