PDA

View Full Version : Latest News on UKMFTS?

6Z3
24th Jan 2007, 13:27
OK. Now that the preferred bidder for the UKMFTS Training Systems Partner (TSP) has been nominated, can anyone in the know point me in the right direction to find out all the latest news and info on UKMFTS? Up til last June I had rather foolishly been using the UKMFTS IPT website, but since the latest news there is the anouncement of the new IPTL in Jun '06, I wonder if there is a more useful website?
I see the annual MFTS conference is rapidly approaching but this year no one from the IPT appears on the speakers programme, so the emphARSis must be changing.

sprucemoose
24th Jan 2007, 14:42
Hi 6Z3.
Contract signature due in April. Ish. Other than that, I haven't heard anything new since the Ascent selection, so like you, I'm hoping from something from the conference cicuit next month.
Moose

sonicstomp
24th Jan 2007, 17:40
Any news on the possible Tucano replacement - timeline, type etc...?

Any idea what the mil/civ instructor mix will be at different stages in the training pipeline?

Gnd
24th Jan 2007, 19:00
To be honest, the detail will not be available until the contracts have been signed. The bids were based on capability, and not fine detail. The fine detail will be worked out in due course. Not much help, I know, but at least you will not be disappointed if you go and look for information in the near future. It will be a good thing when it is all finalised.:)

L J R
25th Jan 2007, 03:32
If you want lead in jet training - Buy a Jet.