PDA

View Full Version : Editing Posts

VFE
24th Jan 2007, 12:05
Apols if this has already been asked but why when editing posts now do all the paragraphs get merged? I'm sure there's a techie term for this but it's annoying having to go through the entire post and pop the spacings back in.

Yours,

Panicked and upset of Tunbridge Wells.

Saab Dastard
24th Jan 2007, 17:08
The technical term is "buggering it up" :ouch:

The powers that be are aware of it, but priority is given to providing access to as many people as possible, at the expense of the richest functionality.

SD

matelot
24th Jan 2007, 17:14
When I queried the same problem a while back, I was advised to sort it in the following way, and it worked:

Go to your User Control Panel - select Edit Options - scroll to bottom Miscellaneous Options - in the dropdown list select Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing.

Problem solved. :ok:

hobie
24th Jan 2007, 17:55
When I queried the same problem a while back, I was advised to sort it in the following way, and it worked:

Go to your User Control Panel - select Edit Options - scroll to bottom Miscellaneous Options - in the dropdown list select Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing.

Problem solved. :ok:

yep ...... that worked for me too .... :ok:

VFE
24th Jan 2007, 20:13
Ah ha! Thanks for that matelot! :ok:

Grumble now sorted so I'll go back to counting my frozen peas.

VFE.

gingernut
24th Jan 2007, 20:21
Ok, I'll give it a go

And see if it works.

If it does, I'll let you know.

........this is the bit where I add a bit.......

and save

gingernut
24th Jan 2007, 20:23
It works!!!!:)

Globaliser
25th Jan 2007, 16:05
It does work, but I hate the WYSIWYG editor. You just can't see what the **** is going on.

So I am forever putting the double CRs back in - when previewing posts as well as when editing.

rotorcraig
25th Jan 2007, 19:30
Wow ... that's been a real bug bear for ages ... WYSIWYG fixed it for me too.

Thanks!

RC

Keef
25th Jan 2007, 22:42
I've not tried editing one yet - since this is the local editor-testing nook, I'll give it a go.

The merging of paragraphs was a right pain - the number of times I've sat here reinserting them is nobody's business ;)

So now ... is it all fixed?

[Edit - YAY!!!!]