PDA

View Full Version : EC135Pi fuel consumption

Head Turner
24th Jan 2007, 08:10
It may be early to ask but does anyone have any experience of the fuel consumption of the EC135Pi. Hourly MCP figures would suffice. Thanks

skadi
24th Jan 2007, 09:48
As the P2i has the same engines than the P2, just higher torque limits ( AEO and OEI ), the average fuel consumption should be the same ( unless youre using MCP allover your flight? ) .

skadi

RVDT
24th Jan 2007, 11:49
As the data for cruise will be the same as a standard P2. For MTOW at 2000' +20C.

MCP will give you a burn of 235 kg/hr at 140 knots clean. SFC 1.68 kg/nm

Max range which is at about 120 knots ~ 187 kg/hr clean. SFC 1.55 kg/nm

EC135 RFM Section 5 Manufacturers data i.e. NOT APPROVED

skadi
24th Jan 2007, 13:48
As the P2i has the same engines than the P2, just higher torque limits ( AEO and OEI ), the average fuel consumption should be the same ( unless youre using MCP allover your flight? ) .

skadi

My fault, the MCP AEO torque limit for cruise is the same as in the P2 ( 69% above Vy )

Head Turner
25th Jan 2007, 14:06
The salesman tells me that the 135Pi is 8% more economical than the 135P which I doubted and your replies confirm my doubts.

Ian Corrigible
27th Jan 2007, 16:49
HT -

The misunderstanding may have been that the 200 lb increased useful load for EC135P2i equates to 54nm more range. Other than that, and as skadi & RVDT state, SFC is unchaged. Main focus of the P2i / T2i upgrade is reduced OEW, increased MTOW, increased TOP, improved hover, ceiling & ROC, reduced periodic inspection intervals, updated FADEC & CPDS software and auto control of HIGH NR (Cat A) mode.

I/C

RVDT
27th Jan 2007, 18:05
Depending on your Mod Status, and it may not be viable for certain aircraft, it is possible to go from P2/T2 to P2+/T2+ which is effectively the same as a T2i or P2i. SB 71-033 covers the requirements, but essentially you need to have:

Titanium torque strut assy (which all should have anyway)
L623M1003 mast (reinforced) i.e. the one without the integral drive lugs.
EURO 4 or 5 MMI
Main XMSN S/No. 0301 or higher with Transmax oil
Upgraded X-Y fittings
ADC 2

Then you have to change the CAD and VEMD and retrofit the Cat A Switch to High Nr system which effectively means when you have High Nr (Cat A) selected the RRPM will decrease through 55 knots as the ADC is communicating with the FADECS and increase slowing through 50 knots.

Then you get:

AEO TOP from 2 x 75 to 2 x 78
AEO transient from 2 x 80 to 2 x 82
OEI MCP from 1 x 86 to 1 x 89.5

Some component lives are also reduced but not drastically.

Our ship complies with all the above except the X-Y fitting change and have been told that the upgrade and exchange to the CAD and VEMD will EURO 130K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and not available for another 6 months. I guess that protects the new sales. :{

As Ian states the increase in range may be the increase in gross weight available but only if you depart at gross with less than full fuel obviously.

Aircraft after S/No. 249 have a slightly increased usable fuel as they removed a few parts and reconfigured the tank arrangement. This was primarily brought on by certain aircarft not meeting military contract spec requirements and a little hiccup between pre and production aircraft.

Incidentally you can also convert a T2 to a P2.