PDA

View Full Version : Air Safety Reports - ASRs

Geoffersincornwall
23rd Jan 2007, 19:47
Air Safety Reports are filed everywhere in one form or another. There are even systems designed to share the information contained in ASRs but I must confess that I have yet to be a beneficiary of such 'caring and sharing' systems.

What do we think about starting a thread for each of the new types (on the basis that the older types are pretty well understood) into which ASRs can be entered and the experience shared.

I would suggest that we confine the list of types (at least to begin with) to the S92, S76C++, EC225, AW139, and any others deemed to fit the 'new' profile.

The protocols would not allow irrelevant text, whitty or snide comments. Just the bare bones of the incident that would enable operators of the same type in other parts of the world to gain insight into problems that may help them avoid similar experiences.

Do we think it's a good idea? Would heliport allow it?

G

:ok:

peterperfect
24th Jan 2007, 10:09
Excellent idea Geoff.
If information is already scattered around the public domain, with a clear purpose of improving safety and knowledge, why not bring it all together in one place.
pp

Teefor Gage
24th Jan 2007, 11:12
I agree with Geoffers & PeterPerfect, at least in principle!
The problem that I see is that other incident sharing resources have tightly controlled access rights to avoid some details being picked up by the gutter press and discussed in the tabloids, by persons of "great knowledge and intellect"
Another problem is that, unless the data is presented in a controlled format, it becomes difficult to pick up trends that would alert owners/operators to likely problems.
The current shared incident reporting sources are subscription services and use a controlled format for the gathering and dissemination of the data. They are "caring and sharing" systems but they are generally by subscription only.

Geoffersincornwall
24th Jan 2007, 15:15
TeeFor

I share your concern in that respect but maybe a thread could be set up along the lines of the individual company threads (PAS, etc). The moderator for that thread could perhaps manage the bona-fides of those that subscribed and those that accessed it.

Is that a goer Heliport?

G

:)