PDA

View Full Version : Sad News - Mr Tom Yeager

SIT head
23rd Jan 2007, 14:59
Just heard some extremely sad news about Mr Tom Yeager - ex EP-3 Mission Crew and, since its inception, the ASTOR system's Chief Engineer and Design Authority -who worked for L-3 Com in Greenville, Texas. Sadly, Tom was found dead yesterday, Monday 22 Jan 07. Those that knew him will know the void he leaves on ASTOR, both as a larger-than-life personality and as a Systems Engineer will be almost impossible to fill. His demise is all the more poignant, given the fact 5 (AC) Sqn are about to take delivery of Sentinel 1.

He was one of the most dedicated men I have ever met and I consider it a privilege to have worked with him. The positive impact and influence he has had on ASTOR will be his legacy. He had a wicked sense of humour, valued and displayed real integrity and was a person I had the utmost respect for. Those that new him from ASTOR will join me in wishing his family and friends our most sincere condolences.

matkat
23rd Jan 2007, 16:02
Talked to him a few times when I was on the ASTOR project a real professional and total gent.
Condolences to his family.

DuaneDibley
23rd Jan 2007, 21:15
SIT Head, echo all of your sentiments about Tom. In my view, he was the ONLY person involved in ASTOR who knew the project's design, history and CONOP in total - there is now no one to fill the yawning hole his sad death brings. He was an absolute gentleman who, if presented with valid suggestions for improvement to his own design, would gladly "make them so" without hiding behind the budgetary constraints that he could have. 5(AC) Sqn lost a real friend yesterday. My condolences to his loved ones.

rustybh
24th Jan 2007, 20:29
Totally agree with all the comments. I had the pleasure of working with Tom during many official (and unofficial) meetings and will miss his straight talking, no nonsense approach and his sense of humour. He could sniff BS out in a nanosecond and cut through hours of unnecessary Dilbert type meeting waffle with a single pertinent, yet diplomatic, statement and a big slap of the table. He will be sadly missed.