PDA

View Full Version : AS350 rating/engineers wanted

starshiptrooper
23rd Jan 2007, 10:31
Hi all,

Looking to get my rating on AS350, have 'surfed' tin-ternet and come up with a few companies but would appreciate some recommendations. Polo aviation seems a pretty good place to start.
Also, if I have 170 hrs on it already (in 2000....y u guessed DHFS), and last flew in Sept for an hr or so (re-fam flight) what is shortest (legal) amount of hrs I can achieve the type rating assuming no hiccups.

Thanks, in anticipation

Also, know of any engineers (AS350/355) that want a job in Nairobi, Kenya for short/long term contract ?

Please message me if you do !

helimutt
23rd Jan 2007, 11:07
if you dont have the rating, it'll be 5 hours on type! obviously with a test too and a nice big fat cheque for CAA.

Darren999
23rd Jan 2007, 15:56
Or I know a place in Arizona that has an AS350 you can do 5hrs in that. They are at Quantum Helicopters. In the US you do not get a type rating on a helicopter below 12,500lbs, but the training maybe cheaper. Just a thought

Darren

Bravo73
23rd Jan 2007, 16:17
starshiptrooper,

Sorry but I hadn't seen this thread when I replied to your comment in the 'Pilot Shortage' thread.

If you do your rating with PDG in Scotland (they've got the largest AS350 fleet in the country, IIRC), then you'll probably get a job with them afterwards! Or, if you apply for the job first, you might well get the rating thrown in for free. :ok:

re the minimum time. Your best place to look is LASORS, Section F, Appendix F. But if you already have a SET (single engine turbine) type on your licence, the minimum training is 3 hours plus a test.

HTH,

B73

PS Before you start looking overseas, make sure that the school concerned is a JAA TRTO. I don't think that Quantum is...

helochef
13th Oct 2008, 22:48
I'm looking for work, [email protected]

misterbonkers
14th Oct 2008, 19:30
"you'll probably get a job with them"

Urm in the nicest possible way - you probably won't get a job with them so please don't get your hopes up!

Bravo73
14th Oct 2008, 19:53
A lot of things change in 22 months. :ugh:

misterbonkers
15th Oct 2008, 07:20
:rolleyes: