PDA

View Full Version : Invasion of Privacy!

Blacksheep
23rd Jan 2007, 04:23
Just checked the junk mail folder in my office e-mail for any misdirected messages. There, in amongst the regular daily bunch of Spam, one that stood out came from a "somebody"@newearthnews.com address with the heading As it ************ - where ************ is the highly personalised password for my office e-mail account. :ugh:

Coincidence? Not on this planet! Thats a twelve character strong password! Its way, way past time for the introduction of the death penalty for spammers. :mad: :mad:

IO540
23rd Jan 2007, 06:05
A keylogger perhaps?

Tarq57
23rd Jan 2007, 06:59
Keylogger or other "bot" sounds likely.
Mention it to the tech in charge of the network.
If it's your own computer, time to seriously examine security.

Blacksheep
23rd Jan 2007, 08:25
Key Logger or Bot, certainly, but what really astounds me is the subsequent use of the password as a message header! I suppose the cheeky b******s want to sell me the means to get rid of the offending intruder, but I wouldn't p*ss on them if they were on fire. :*

I shall simply get IT to do a reformat and clean install on my office PC and do likewise myself on my laptop. I'd dearly like to murder the perpetrators, but isn't it about time that spamming was eliminated at source by the ISPs? All Viruses, Bots, Key loggers and the like travel through the networks and are easily identifiable as such at every switch.

But of course that would destroy the AV 'industry' wouldn't it? :rolleyes: :ugh: