PDA

View Full Version : Geronimo on the warpath?

Union Jack
22nd Jan 2007, 20:34
Grateful to know if any of the rotary wing fraternity out there are happy to shed some light on the frequent movements over the last few days of Apaches - and Chinooks - generally two of the former and one or two of the latter in reasonably close company, several times each day heading up or down the Avon valley east of Bath at about 600 feet.

Jack

wg13_dummy
22nd Jan 2007, 21:01
Yep, the Apaches are teaching the SH chaps about lifting troops. :ok:

Union Jack
22nd Jan 2007, 22:54
Cheers, Wings, although I must say that I was hoping for something a little more specific..... At least it explains the trail of packaging from the inflight meals all along the valley, and presumably the inflight movie on the Chinooks was Gone with the Wind!

Yours in hope of the right answer.

Jack

ranger703
22nd Jan 2007, 23:16
They appear to have been operating in and out of Beachley Barracks.

Pics here: http://www.ukar.co.uk/cgi-bin/ukarboard/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=9;t=26618

Union Jack
23rd Jan 2007, 09:11
VMT for your speedy reply and very informative link - much appreciated. It also looks as if Wings was right in general, if not in detail!

Jack (aka Jock north of the Border)

Yours in jest

PS For the avoidance of doubt, as our legal friends are wont to say, my earlier reference to discarded inflight meal packaging was, as I suspect most readers will have appreciated, wholly facetious - not one sweetie wrapper fell to earth .....

Mmmmnice
23rd Jan 2007, 18:03
Flying up and down - it's what we get paid for dear boy! Also for going around and around in circles......and doing climbing, turning, descending swoopy thingies....in fact anything that successfully turns petrol into noise and smoke. If you need any more precise details don't hesitate to post again

Union Jack
23rd Jan 2007, 18:25
Flying up and down - it's what we get paid for dear boy! Also for going around and around in circles......and doing climbing, turning, descending swoopy thingies....in fact anything that successfully turns petrol into noise and smoke. If you need any more precise details don't hesitate to post again

Bless you for keeping it so simple, dear boy and "If you need any more precise details don't hesitate to post again" youself, but do consider checking the relevant poster's profile first.

Jack

PS Petrol? I said rotary wing, not rotary lawnmower.....