PDA

View Full Version : Leg Room

Atishoo
22nd Jan 2007, 10:54
Please can someone help me?

We are travelling to Singapore in Dec and both my Hubby and me are tall. Is there any class ticket or area we can ask for before travelling? or is it just first come first served? (for better leg room i mean).

They dont do any complimentary upgrades pfttt, stingy lot !! (joke).

lgw bean flicker
22nd Jan 2007, 11:26
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWrp63aUNmE

there are other ways to fit into the airline seats!!

ydnpa
22nd Jan 2007, 11:33
Which airline do you intend flying with, as legroom varies depending on carrier.

Andy_S
22nd Jan 2007, 11:45
It might help if you told us what airline you have booked (if any).

Obvious choice - buy a business class ticket. They're not cheap, but a good travel agent should be able to get you a discounted one.

Failing that, exit row seats will give you leg room. Trouble is, these are highly prized, often not possible to reserve beforehand, and the airline may give certain passengers a higher priority for these. This may include you if you purchase more expensive economy tickets, but each airline is likely to have their own policy.

There may be certain other seats / rows in economy that have more legroom than others. This would be airline / aircraft specific though.

If you've NOT chosen an airline, you might want to investigate seat pitch before booking. Malaysian, for example, have just about the most generous seat pitch in economy of any airline - 34" I believe on the long haul sector.

Oxidant
22nd Jan 2007, 11:46
Have a look at;

www.airlinequality.com
www.seatguru.com

HTH.:)

JetSetJ
22nd Jan 2007, 21:35
Hi there,

If it's a British Airways Boeing 747 and you have a coach ticket, you're going to be in an incredibly uncomfortable position!! Especially when the passenger in front decides to recline their seat for the flight!! I've gotta say i was shocked by the lack of legroom and specifically requested an emergency exit seat, but apparently being an executive club member counts for nothing!!

I'd say try checking in online for your flight, BA allows check in 24 hours before but the majority of exit seats are blocked out.

If you can afford an upgrade it is definately worth it, but these seats can come in at quite a hefty price, especially on the long haul flights.

Regards

JetSetJ:ok:

Miraz
22nd Jan 2007, 21:37
Think about booking Premium Economy - if you are tall, then you will appreciate the extra space on the long sectors.

621andy
23rd Jan 2007, 03:46
Most airlines won't reserve the emergency exits. They need to see if you're physically not going to be a risk in the event of an emergency- i.e. not disabled/old/fat etc.

However, If you're flying cattle class, the best seats are often the first row after business, at least on the bigger long haul a/c.

We flew Malaysian from Frankfurt to KL last nov(Boeing 777???), and I had stacks of room, and due to the bulkhead, no problem with someones head in my lap!

Have flown to Asia over the past few years with EVA(awful!!), Austrian(OK), and Malaysian(pretty good considering it was cattleclass).

However, I assume seat pitch/cabin layout varies with each airline, so the links listed above are worth a look.