PDA

View Full Version : First Post

blackace
21st Jan 2007, 15:57
I keep getting asked why not make your first post today. Man I would love to, but it seems every post I make has to be approved by a moderator, and it seems they are not willing to approve any posts. Despite sending E Mails and questioning why they are not getting approved I still get no reply and no explanation.

It will be interesting to see if this one gets approval.

Well it has but it does not allow me to tell you what I wanted to.

Whilst I was on Holiday in India I met a RAF Fighter Pilot. He was very interested in some Films we have been making using a new film making technique called machinima.

All our films are about WWII aircraft, there are currently about 30 to 50 top quality films made by us available as free downloads on the internet.

Currently we are working on the story of "Faith Hope and Charity". An absoloute epic film about the Gloster Glagiators that defended Malta in WWII. Its about 1 hour 40 minutes long and we have been working on it for over 18 months.

All the work is ouyr own, there are no copyright issues as we are even composing the music ourselves.

We expect FHC to win several awards in 2007 including the big one the machinima awards in las vegas.

Last years winning film was about 2 French Fighter Pilots and was a comedy. All modern aircraft and I am certain you would love it.

Unfortunately I cannot post any links to these films as every time I do the moderators need to approve it, and they dont seem to want to do that.

Maybe if someone could have a word in their shell like I could post them and let you see some of the really good stuff being made out there.

blackace
21st Jan 2007, 17:56
How did you know those links :)

there is another link to a site where we have collected what we consider to be the best of the best of these films, including one or two of my own.

the site is called

www.flightsimmachinima.com

All these films are non commercial, produced by enthusiasts who distribute their work for free. This site has links to all the best films and all producers gave us permission to link the site to their films.

Many stories are based on actual events and are true stories, the rest are obviously fiction.

The comedy I was talking about is called "Bill et John Episode 2". Im sure as modern fighter pilots you would find this film hilarious. The link is in the 2006 section.

blackace
21st Jan 2007, 18:48
I see now that the problem is you thought I was maybe something commercial, far from it.

We are all amateurs and don't make a penny from the films we make.

The Fighter Pilot I met in India said he regularly reads these boards,
It was him that told me to post here, so if you were drunk with me in the Rose Garden in Mahabalipuram over Christmas you know who you are :)

He told me not to post his name for obvious reasons, so I suppose the pictures of him riding a horse in the nude wouldn't go down too well either. ;)

I forgot his login name to pprune, but I am sure he will see this thread and reply sooner or later.

We spent many a night talking about flying and film making, and I must say, he really was one of the nice guys.

FFP
21st Jan 2007, 20:25
He told me not to post his name for obvious reasons, so I suppose the pictures of him riding a horse in the nude wouldn't go down too well either. ;).
Wasn't a Jag pilot was it :E