PDA

View Full Version : Need Suggestions.

Canada
21st Jan 2007, 01:29
Hi folks,
2.5 years ago I started my flight training and had around 18 hours logged, but had to stopped due to some issues.
Now I would like to start up again, right now my work schedule is mon-fri and home by 5pm. My plan would be to fly on both Saturday's and Sunday's weather permiting with the possiblilty of logging roughly 10 hrs or more per month and more in summer due to good daylight, flying about 1.0-1.5 hrs on these days. Do you think this is to spread out? I was crunching some numbers together,if I was to start training in March 2007 I could have all my ratings by April of 2009. Now this is a bit long but it would keep me from having a huge loan hanging over my head. Plan would be to get ppl,commercial,mult-ifr,night,instructing. Ianother option would be go to a school full time and have all my ratings in a year but I end up with zero dollars in my bank and about a 15,000 dollar loan. the other 40,000 I can pay.
Another note from my previous training was I had taken the private pilot written but had failed. One of the area's I did poorly in was the navigation, and was just curious If maybe I was better off waiting and doing my cross country and that way I would of had maybe a better idea of how all the navigation stuff works, then from just learning from by 5 hour ground school class on it and from reading at home.
Also what do you guy's think about these mom and pop schools that have say 1-5 students compared to the one's with 5-15 students where alot of connections could be made?
Any suggestions / comments would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks