PDA

View Full Version : Tucano Job in Flight

360BakTrak
20th Jan 2007, 23:36
Anyone seen the vacancy in Flight this week for a Tucano Instructor job in flight magazine? Asks for 500 hours total and 250 hours military instruction time. Does that mean that RAF VR(T) motor glider instructors are eligible to apply?!?!? Chances are they will meet that criteria or is it an Innsworth mis-print?! (If not I'll be dusting off my CV!!!):}

raytofclimb
21st Jan 2007, 09:16
Why don't you ring the number and ask?

However, you might find it massively oversubscribed by applicants already doing that exact job for the same employer but under less favourable terms of employment and future prospects.

Ray.

Topofclimb
21st Jan 2007, 10:13
Why don't you ring the number and ask?
However, you might find it massively oversubscribed by applicants already doing that exact job for the same employer but under less favourable terms of employment and future prospects.
Ray.

Anyone know what the situation is with regards manning? Are we still looking at manning reductions or has the pendulum swung back as always? Aren't all the Instructors Military personnel at Linton?

bad livin'
21st Jan 2007, 11:10
Topofclimb - I know the UTP is civ, although a massively experienced former mil FJ man.

Background Noise
21st Jan 2007, 18:10
All mil - including the UTP

bad livin'
21st Jan 2007, 19:30
BN, I stand corrected.

FFP
21st Jan 2007, 20:23
....said the man in orthapedic shoes !!

(Boom Boom ! I Thank you ! I'm here all week ;) )

Background Noise
21st Jan 2007, 21:33
Didn't mean that to sound as blunt as it did, there are some reservists but everybody wears military rank - there are no gold bars.

Monty77
22nd Jan 2007, 14:21
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't all the ex-mil civvies adopt civil service status as Aviation V? Officers (AVOs) and wear Flt Lt tabs?

Reservists were paid more with more benefits. Still remember some of the more militant AVOs coming out with "I don't get paid enough for that" type statements and taking the mickey out of the staff who had to do SDO and the gas chamber.
I think all the AVOs were quietly 'let go' at the end of their 2 year contracts, when the system started shrinking after Sep 11. Not sure, as I'd gone by then. If and when it all ramps back up I suspect that they're going to have difficulties manning the Tucano phase of training. Elementary - no problem as civvies do a good job now, but the ridiculous decision to stream at elementary (financial) means there is no pool of guys to teach at basic, prior to Valley.

bad livin'
22nd Jan 2007, 14:46
I understand "Uncle" is the UTP...he was a real gent when I was on JEFTS. Never shy to provide a solid punch to the helmet...as it were.

raytofclimb
22nd Jan 2007, 16:25
Topofclimb;

Linton is apparently ramping back up again, supposedly towards 16 students per course. I don't think they've been that big since I went through in 2000/1.

I was well informed about 6 months ago that Linton and Valley were about a third undermanned. Linton was also keen to get more fast jet experience there.

Ray

andgo
22nd Jan 2007, 17:40
Wonder if this weeks Flight is running another ad along the lines of

"Nine pilots required to fly in formation at airshows. Must have their own aircraft and be prepared to repaint it red.
Submit your application to 'We used to have an airforce, didn't we?.com' "
:E

Mmmmnice
23rd Jan 2007, 18:10
raytofclimb - ramping up? no sign of a feeder the other day......so probably dying a slow death like almost everywhere else. Has anyone been to any mil a/f recently that didn't have an air of slow decay?......or is it just me remembering the 'good old days' ?