PDA

View Full Version : British Airways GLA-LHR - Best short domestic service in the world?

CHIVILCOY
19th Jan 2007, 21:56
Just travelled back today on the BA1488 shuttle from LHR to GLA and wish to say that the service was excellent.All of the 155+ PAX fed with a lovely salmon fillet salad + dessert + tea/coffee + alcohol/soft beverage of choice within half an hour from take off and all included in the price(£86 return in my case) and carried out with a courteous and professional crew.

Compared to the lowco's attitude of charging for everything I think British Airways GLA/LHR shuttle route must be one of the best short domestic flights in the world.:D

Anyone know of better?

gdiphil
19th Jan 2007, 22:08
I quite agree. I would only say that the LGW GLA is better because the LGW north terminal is a more pleasant experience. I use this route several times a year and despite my moans about the BA longhaul experience, the UK short haul service between London and Scotland is excellent.

CHIVILCOY
19th Jan 2007, 22:17
I quite agree. I would only say that the LGW GLA is better because the LGW north terminal is a more pleasant experience

Yep, LHR Flight Connections Centre was a nightmare today.

jack_essex
20th Jan 2007, 08:29
I will be flying from LGW North Terminal in a few weeks so am glad to hear it is more pleasant than LHR! I have only flown from LGW South before.

fyrefli
20th Jan 2007, 08:39
Just travelled back today on the BA1488 shuttle from LHR to GLA and wish to say that the service was excellent.All of the 155+ PAX fed with a lovely salmon fillet salad + dessert + tea/coffee + alcohol/soft beverage of choice within half an hour from take off and all included in the price(£86 return in my case) and carried out with a courteous and professional crew.

Compared to the lowco's attitude of charging for everything I think British Airways GLA/LHR shuttle route must be one of the best short domestic flights in the world.:D

Anyone know of better?

I nominate easyJet - loco, shock horror ;) - AMS-BRS-AMS - the round trip rarely costs me more than fifty quid and I have a lovely choice of food in the airport (I'd far rather be enjoying the flight than eating), usually consisting of a huge plate of cheddar-covered nachos with peppers, tomato, guacamole etc and a pint of Murphy's stout for the princely sum of EUR 9.60 :D

Bargain! And the crew are great :) (First flew easyJet in '99 and I've probably met only two miserable crew in all that time.)

If I have a serious point here, it's that I have no time for people who get on a loco and whinge about being charged for stuff (not that you're doing that). They knew what the deal was - and if they didn't more fool them. It's like the slow-mo train wreck of a BBC Watchdog complaint where someone gets taken to the cleaners for believing in free money :)

derekl
21st Jan 2007, 00:43
I've flown Shuttle 6/7 (LHR-GLA-LHR) many, many times over the years and couldn't agree more. BA actually shine on this route. Gawd bless 'em.

Dan Air 87
21st Jan 2007, 10:12
In contrast to the fans of the BA Shuttle product, I have used their cattle truck..sorry service LGW-ABZ a few times this last year and the service couldn't be more different. Poor food -which if you are flying in to ABZ to work or go offshore is not what you pay your money for. If I want to be treated like that, I'll make my way to Luton for Queasyjet. The alternative is BD & BA from LHR.. The only saving grace is that the North Terminal at LGW is much better than T1 at LHR.

The_Banking_Scot
21st Jan 2007, 17:52
Hi,

I flew LGW-GLA on BA on a weekend ( 1835 ) just before christmas and expecting at least a sandwich- I got a packet of Birdseed!:} ( aparently this is the meal serivce from LGW at a weekend. My colleague was on the 1715 LHR flight and got the salad.

Regards

TBS

zed3
22nd Jan 2007, 12:25
aaah.....the lovely salmon filet salad . This was how ALL BA flights were before they became regional (BACON , etc) - it's only a few years ago ! That was service with style befitting a 'national' airline . The 'managers' who have devalued the name of BA which lead to the demise of BACON and the more or less pull-out of BA from the regions should all be shot ..... twice . Money is not everything , young suits these days don't understand that . Sack 'em all , bring back common sense and service for the passenger . Harrumph .

the_fish@blueyonder.
22nd Jan 2007, 13:05
Hi,

I flew LGW-GLA on BA on a weekend ( 1835 ) just before christmas and expecting at least a sandwich- I got a packet of Birdseed!:} ( aparently this is the meal serivce from LGW at a weekend. My colleague was on the 1715 LHR flight and got the salad.

Regards

TBS

I was the same, from LHR-EDI we got a bag of crisps last january, but my friend flew LHR-EDI on the same flight (BA1454) in September and got the salmon meal.

My sister flew LHR-GLA recently and got the salmon at dinner time too.

All I got coming back from BUD in the summer was an egg salad sandwhich...where was no other option on board.:{

tezzer
22nd Jan 2007, 14:18
[quote=fyrefli;3079366] I have a lovely choice of food in the airport (I'd far rather be enjoying the flight than eating), usually consisting of a huge plate of cheddar-covered nachos with peppers, tomato, guacamole etc and a pint of Murphy's stout for the princely sum of EUR 9.60 :D

quote]

Let me know when your next flying, and I'll make sure I'm sat somewhere else !

CHIVILCOY
22nd Jan 2007, 15:24
[quote=fyrefli;3079366] I have a lovely choice of food in the airport (I'd far rather be enjoying the flight than eating), usually consisting of a huge plate of cheddar-covered nachos with peppers, tomato, guacamole etc and a pint of Murphy's stout for the princely sum of EUR 9.60 :D
quote]
Let me know when your next flying, and I'll make sure I'm sat somewhere else !

:yuk: Agreed.

Lower the oxygen masks please.;)