PDA

View Full Version : PPL student log book queries

GullWing
19th Jan 2007, 16:59
hello all
Im about 16 hours into PPL training and the school I was at has gone bust. Im planning to move on to another school to finish the ppl off when the weather improves, but my question is: do i need to get my log book stamped or anything when changing schools. Its virtually impossible for me to get hold of anyone from the old school if this is the case and is there a way round it if so?

Many thanks, any advice appreciated
GullWing :confused:

Oxeagle
19th Jan 2007, 17:05
GullWing,

Sorry to hear of your circumstances. I moved to a different flying school a few months ago (admittedly out of choice, not necessity), and when I left nothing needed to be stamped, I just had to take my training and exam records with me. I could be wrong (someone more knowledgeable please correct me if I am), but I believe that's all you need to transfer to a new school.

Better luck at your new school!

Ox :)

GullWing
21st Jan 2007, 10:42
thanks for the helpful replies!

Oxeagle - when you say training records what do you mean? All I have is my logbook (wasnt given the chance to do any written exams at the last school - which in hindsight I can see was an awful place!)

My instructors signed all the solo time off and the stall/spin awareness lesson (i think it is a requirement that they do so) so i think I should be ok.

thanks again
GW

pchappo
22nd Jan 2007, 08:52
i keep all my invoices for training - as that is a sure way of proving that you did fly!

the dean
22nd Jan 2007, 09:07
hi gullwing,

you should have each flight signed in your logbool by your instructor as a general rule..:D

if you cannot get it done never mind...:{ your new instructor will do an hour to ascess your flying and make up his mind where to start with you but if you could get your training file it would help also but here again not essential if you have a problem getting it...and some clubs might want to keep it for their records....try at any rate to get the log book signed. if you cannot dont worry...but when you get to your new club try to ensure that your logbook is signed each time you fly so you wo'nt have the same problem again...

good luck.

the dean.

sierracharlie
22nd Jan 2007, 11:48
GullWing

I note your from Cheshire. Any chance you could say which Club you were at. I used to fly in that area and would be interested to know which Club has folded.

GullWing
23rd Jan 2007, 11:36
Chester Flying School, went under a few months ago.

Thanks for all your helpful replies, I'll try and get in touch with my ex-instructor and see if I can get the logbook signed up!

thanks again

Oxeagle
23rd Jan 2007, 12:13
GullWing,

The flying school should keep a seperate record of your training that the instructor fills out after each flight. I'm not sure about whether the procedures vary from school to school, but in both the flying schools I have been to there has been a training record kept in the office in which the instructor provides details of each flight and comments on the students progress, makes it a lot easier if you fly with a different instructor for him to know how you are progressing and what needs to be covered.

Ox