PDA

View Full Version : Ops Canada/ Australia

Dam
19th Jan 2007, 14:44
HI there!

I am French and Hold a dispatcher certificate. This certificate allows me to work as a:
1) "Agent de trafic ", in English Load Planner or Load control Agent or Ground Dispatcher, Red Cap....to name a few
2) Agent d operations; in english Flight Dispatcher , Operations Officer...
In France there is no requirements for these professions . This Certificate is recognised by aviation professionals. My work experience in this area is 8 months (load planner) ; I worked for ADP Paris Airports Group ); I am currently unemployed.
I am thinking of going to Canada .
Questions:(lots of!:confused: )
1) I know that a Transport Canada Flight Dispatcher Certificate is required to work as a flight dispatcher. Is it required to work as a load planner?
2) With a French Dispatcher Certificate and some work experience can you get the Canadian Certificate or be allowed to Work other there?
3) Is there any school in Europe where you can get the Canadian Certificate?
4) Can you work in Canada with a FAA (US) Certificate?

I wrote to NavCanada, TransportCanada but no answer.

5) What about Australia? Do you need an Australian Dispatcher Certificate? . I haven't found much on th internet.

I am looking for a training/diploma...that would help me in advancing my career in operations?Any suggestion ? Does anybody know about the BCIT Airport Operations program ? www.bcit.ca/study/programs/1070dipts (http://www.bcit.ca/study/programs/1070dipts) ? Is it recognized? Is it worth it?

Bluejay
24th Jan 2007, 08:49
HI,

Hope this link works, may provide some useful contact info for you, I have just started in the world of load control and load planning and hope some day to take my licences and experience to Canada (need to convince the other half first though!!)

Anyway hope this helps

http://www.acghs.com/en/index.shtml

Good luck

Bluejay

Dam
25th Jan 2007, 10:01
Thanks for the info.
You say you are interseted in going to Canada . Well I 've just got some info about beeing a load planner or a Flight Dispatcher over there. I'll send you a PM.
See you.